Best b Schools for Finance in India

• IMT is the leading Business school. I would personally recommend students to pursue their MBA or PGDM from IMT as it is the Best b Schools for Finance in India and they have all the important factors that a student generally looks for. The college is good to pursue your post-graduation.IMT offers excellent placement, the institute has maintained a high placement record over the years and more than 70% of students grab a position in MNC.

• @'mateo250':

@'Fred5150':

Those artists who don't give a crap about what a girls hair looks like (as long as she has some) have it easy dont they? :D

Indeed. Good hair is to me second only to good lighting. It makes or breaks an image.

I agree, since before I started trying to learn 3DX one of my biggest annoyances has been seeing "anti-gravity hair" used in pictures, you know where the girls head might be at an angle or even upside down but the hair still faces the direction it would face if she was standing up straight.

I won't get a hair unless I see something like "20 styling and adjustment morphs" in the product description

• @'mateo250':

Do you have any examples of that hair type? Sounds intriguing.

Well, I haven't seen anything resembling my idea. Closest I can think of is Medusa's Hair. - http://www.daz3d.com/medusa-v4

Now what if we replace all those snake with a hair texture. The hair don't need all that polygon though - just a simple strip of polygon will do (if you're going down the transmapped hair route).

• @'Fred5150':

Those artists who don't give a crap about what a girls hair looks like (as long as she has some) have it easy dont they? :D

Indeed. Good hair is to me second only to good lighting. It makes or breaks an image.

Slightly OT, but seeing an image with a m/f couple where the guy is bald drives me nuts. It makes him look like an afterthought.

@'matthacker':

I honestly think that morphs are not the way to go. Morphs progresses in a straight line, so it is not suited for curves and curls. That also apply to scaling, all kind of UV stretching occurs.

The best thing in my opinion would be a complete character (bones for individual clumps of hair) and smart organization of surfaces (only the hair ends are transmapped). Or go fibremesh for each clump. Have the clump populate the skull cap so you're basically using the same geometry and textures over and over (almost like instancing).

I think such a rig would be very nice indeed. It's poseable (can even have IK) and allows a variety of styles. Render times with occlusion can be kept quite low (fibremesh hair renders a whole lot faster than transmapped hair). Who knows? With a physics plugin, you can use the bones for a collision base.

Unfortunately, that's just one part of the equation. We also need a very good hair shader with transluency that's aware of the nearby objects (other clumps of hair).

Do you have any examples of that hair type? Sounds intriguing.

• I honestly think that morphs are not the way to go. Morphs progresses in a straight line, so it is not suited for curves and curls. That also apply to scaling, all kind of UV stretching occurs.

The best thing in my opinion would be a complete character (bones for individual clumps of hair) and smart organization of surfaces (only the hair ends are transmapped). Or go fibremesh for each clump. Have the clump populate the skull cap so you're basically using the same geometry and textures over and over (almost like instancing).

I think such a rig would be very nice indeed. It's poseable (can even have IK) and allows a variety of styles. Render times with occlusion can be kept quite low (fibremesh hair renders a whole lot faster than transmapped hair). Who knows? With a physics plugin, you can use the bones for a collision base.

Unfortunately, that's just one part of the equation. We also need a very good hair shader with transluency that's aware of the nearby objects (other clumps of hair).

• alfaseed's hair is probably what you want. may take a long time to render but you have tons of control over it.

also, if you could always photoshop the hair in. may take a min but it looks a lot more fluid

• @'mateo250':

Have you used any of alfaseed's strand-based hair while also using indirect lighting? Insane render times. :dodgy:

I haven't yet, but considering how much I like a woman's hair, its probably just a matter of time before I do.

• @'Fred5150':

About %40 of my rendertimes is hair, but hair is important to me, so I just put up with that :D

Have you used any of alfaseed's strand-based hair while also using indirect lighting? Insane render times. :dodgy:

• I try to get lighting set correctly before I add hair for that reason. Have you played with any of alfaseed's strand based hair using indirect lighting? Grab a Snickers. :)

• ^choosing a hair with a lot of morphs helps ;)

About %40 of my rendertimes is hair, but hair is important to me, so I just put up with that :D

Re the time involved, I think its a matter of accepting that if you want to make "that image", then you just have to sit there for however long it takes to make it.

just my beginners 2 cents

• I believe the only limits are the ones you put on yourself.

For example, shaders. I'm more or less restricted by the characteristics of the shader I'm using (HSS or US2) because I'm still too lazy to learn Renderman Shading Language or even the Shader Mixer.

Models, even weight mapped ones still have flaws. But you could always morph them via the Morph Brush or in a Modeler. This is a real pain in the ass with Gen4 figures, but weight mapped figures are much better. Thankfully, DS4.5 Triax rig automatically transfer active morphs to clothing. The AutoFit and smoothing modifier works well enough for most, but for some you still need to sculpt your own morphs.

The biggest problem is believeable, poseable, flowing hair, be it short/long hair for the head and body hair. Haven't quite figured out how to tackle that one and still have reasonable render time in DS.

• Something which is really annoying, what increase the worktime, too, is that you cannot change a lot bodyparts, or things at once in poser. In Daz you can mark some things in these scenelist, and change for example by a chain all links at once. In Poser you have to change every link manually, if there isn't a easypose option. and that costs a lot of time, especially when you have to change it more than one time.

And with the morphing tools, I cannot get familar with sometimes they do things you never expected.

• @'Evolluisionist':

so does anyone else think that daz/poser or anything like it constricts a person creativity. like there are many things a person would want to do but they can't because the product hasn't been made and/or they don't know how to make it them selves.

i used to think this way but now it's more along the lines of me not wanting to spends several hours just for one picture.:blush:

I've spent weeks on one picture. I think my biggest bottleneck is my utter failure at being able to model anything. :blush:

My patience with Poser is pretty high. The only modeling program I have is Hexagon, and while I'm sure I could get it down if I spent time with it, it frustrates me to no end.

Looks like your connection to NodeBB was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.