Best b Schools for Finance in India

• IMT-Hyderabad offers that possibility thanks to its highly competitive and nationally acclaimed PGDM Finance program. If you are an aspiring finance professional, do read on to understand why you will gain a lot from this program. Everyone wants to become good with money someday, but only a few of them put effort into achieving their financial goals. The road to good financial management is very challenging and only a few manage to become stalwarts in it. These people who have excellent financial proficiency credit several years or decades of trial-and-error, mistakes, mentors and many other sources as the reason for their expertise. The students are trained on how to use this data effectively so that it can be beneficial for their careers. Some students have used the skills taught to them in various platforms such as their internship companies and B-school competitions, and have won accolades. Visit Best b Schools for Finance in India For more details.

• @'Fred5150':

Isnt there a rule that sooner or later every internet discussion ends up talking about nazis and hitler? :D

You're thinking of Godwin's Law (thank you Board Game Online).

• I believe that's because of it's being the most recent and much better recorded. There were other cases of atrocities in other parts of the world (Latin America, Africa, Asia) after the end of the 2nd World War, but not many people know (or care) about it because it wasn't happening in Europe. The only exception was the Balkans in the 90s.

• Isnt there a rule that sooner or later every internet discussion ends up talking about nazis and hitler? :D

• Yeah pretty much that. I am sure that most people assumed that there was foul play involved with the jewish people and other minority groups that the nazis killed aswell, like Roma and Sinthi, disabled people and many others that usually dont get mentioned when people talk about the holocaust.

But most people at that time were happy that they had some hope once again. Germany came out of the biggest economical crisis back then, when Hitler took over. He gave them jobs by building all these big ass monuments and structures (stadiums, all the stuff they built around Berlin, the West Wall, the Autobahn network) and of course building weaponry and tanks for the war effort. He was a clever man in some ways, but surely not in warfare tactics. For this he had some brilliant generals. We all should thank god that he actually thought that he was better at this game than them. Otherwise who knows how europe would look today…

But going back to the german ppl at the time, I think most people at that time were just happy that they had a better life now than before and they gladly played along with that vision of the elite society. The regular grunts in the german army were young people trained to be elite soldiers, and they gladly did the best they could because being a soldier meant being a war hero when you got back and promise of rewards and a high standing in society.

I had some very interesting talks back when my grandfather was still alive. He was in his 20s when the war ended and he was serving in a tank brigade and fought on the eastern front. He got lucky though and got wounded from shrapnel through his legs so he was sent home and only did light duty until the war reached germany, when he was re-enlisted again but never really saw much battle anymore. He was always very proud when speaking of that time, and you could clearly see that he did not 100% believe in all the stuff they had been tought and wasnt hating non-german people, but there was clearly traces of all that nazi shit still in him. Like having resentments against russians, that to him, were no-gooders and slackers etc. So to me it is really just a matter of how you get raised and how the community around you is teaching you a certain way of behaviour. You may eventually open your eyes and find out about things yourself rather than getting told what to believe, but back in the day, all this stuff that the nazis spread was done so organized and in every part of society, you couldnt really get away from it.

And I believe that this could have happened anywhere in the world, not just germany. My ancestors were just the unlucky ones that got struck by that disease. And we are still paying reparations. I believe until 2020. As the saying goes "King for a day, fool for a lifetime".

• @'matthacker':

To be quite honest, not all German soldiers from that era are Nazi party members/sympathizers. So, I can't say that.

At the very least, there are some movies/books that have tried to break that stereotype. If i recall correctly, the first movie I ever saw that try to portray this is (not sure since it was in 1981, very long time ago) 'Breakthrough' with Richard Burton. The latest would be 'In Enemy Hands' and of course, 'Valkyrie' - though to quote one German friend, listening to Tom Cruise speaking German was like hearing a tourist.

eerrrrr…...The real life events that the movie Valkyrie is based on happened because those nazis who where trying to assassinate hitler weren't doing it because they thought he was evil and needed to be stopped, but because of the fact they thought his incompetence would lose Germany the war.

Less Hollywood, more history channel :)

But yes, I agree that not everyone who fought for germany was a die-hard nazi, I'm sure many simply had no choice.

• @'matthacker':

To be quite honest, not all German soldiers from that era are Nazi party members/sympathizers. So, I can't say that.

Yeah that's true. one of my Grandfathers were a "Falschirmspringer"(airborne) in Africa and the father of the other one, were by the "Luftwaffe"(german airforce), but never fought, because he were injured. And as far as I know they weren't common with the Nazis. Patriotic yes, but not in this nazi way, you know. I think both got called up. at the end.

• @'Fred5150':

It was mostly the fact that the "their uniforms were awesome" comments weren't followed by "shame they were evil maniacs" comments

That was ambiguous

At the very least, there are some movies/books that have tried to break that stereotype. If i recall correctly, the first movie I ever saw that try to portray this is (not sure since it was in 1981, very long time ago) 'Breakthrough' with Richard Burton. The latest would be 'In Enemy Hands' and of course, 'Valkyrie' - though to quote one German friend, listening to Tom Cruise speaking German was like hearing a tourist.

• It was mostly the fact that the "their uniforms were awesome" comments weren't followed by "shame they were evil maniacs" comments

That was ambiguous

• What disturbs you so much about him liking the look of the uniforms? I dont see anything wrong with that. They have a slick design for sure.

For example, in the uk alot of ppl are still impressed by german tank designs from that era and theres an anual event where they show off still intact and restorated tanks from this period of time and drive around with these. This tbh would be more cause for being worried than someone liking the look of the uniforms :)

• @'matthacker':

OOT, the swastika was not only used by Nazis, it was also used in Hindi and Buddhism (though turned the other way around).

Yeah, I know. Hitler and the Nazis often turned something around and used it for themselves.

• Sorry to hear that.

The point I'm making is that the designs are very visually striking. Compare that to uniforms of the Red Army (both Russian and China), also typically used as bad guys in the Cold War era. Even the Imperial Navy/Army of Japan don't look as well, frightening.

OOT, the swastika was not only used by Nazis, it was also used in Hindi and Buddhism (though turned the other way around).
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swastika

• @'Fred5150':

Your post disturbs me a little matt.

Me, too.

And it is strange for me to read German words in a englisch text, because I'm from Germany^^

• Your post disturbs me a little matt.

• Saw it on the news, a while back.

From a style point of view, though I think Wehrmacht's uniform is one of the best uniform designs ever. Just take a look at how it influences pop art, particularly when you need an police state / fascist regime uniforms.

But where are the Luftwaffe and Kriegsmarine outfits? Also love to see some Afrika Korps.

• ehhhhhhh… ehhhhhh. what? really?... no words
    I mean that is you know it is. Someone should get these people some help.

Looks like your connection to NodeBB was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.