top nursing colleges in bangalore

• bsc mlt courses : Bsc Medical Lab Technology: AIHS offers the best bsc mlt courses Affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences and approved by Govt. of Karnataka, IAP, INC & KNC

• Got one more assignment from your Prof? Let Writepaperfor.me do it for you in no time.

• I am just glad that the obj export function in Daz Studio is probably the best function of the program :D Whole controls and UI feel too shallow for my taste. I couldnt really stand it anymore and had to buy a plugin to be able to pose in Carrara again and then export these poses as pz2 and basically just use Studio for figure setup and exporting the posed figures to the renderer in the end.

• I suggest making the time to learn the basics and start with a program you're comfortable with.

DAZ Studio and Hexagon, which is currently offered free of charge is a good start. They have their limits, but that's not necessarily a bad thing if you're just starting out. DS pose controls is quite good (though their IK sucks, like big time). I usually use a mix of the Active Pose and the Pose tool when posing. Combine with a shortcut key to clear transforms, I rarely have to change things in the Parameters tab.

Once you're comfortable, you could try learning keyframe animation with the timeline (and Puppeteer). DS keyframe interpolators is quirky, so you might want to look up DeltaX15 and Casual addon scripts/plugins to cleanup keyframes.

For basic morphs, you can use d-form/magnets. They can be really useful once you have spent the time to really understand how to work it. However, it is generally limited to very big changes. For more precise tool (vertex cleanup), that's where Hexagon comes in. The only gripe I have with Hexagon is the lack of smoothing options, i.e you can't smooth out polygons/normals without subdividing the mesh.

As for lighting, i generally use three directional lights in a three point lighting setup. You can get very good renders when you combine it with UberEnvironment and UberSurface2. UberSurface2 really helps you avoid long render times with transmapped hair. It gives you the option to turn off Shadows/Occlusion on a surface (hair/lashes/eyebrows).

Before using DS and Hexagon, I tried several options like Blender, Truespace, Maya and Softimage XSI. The two offer just enough features/flexibility/ease of use to really understand the 3d workflow. My first introduction to 3D was with 3dsmax so DAZ interface feels really familiar to me.

I do wish they make post processing a lot easier though and a better viewport renderer would really help also. Really miss 3dsmax ability to use DirectX .fx file both as a surface shader and a postprocess filter.

• I just finished downloading Daz Studio 4 and i got my hands on the Pro stuff :D
    i'll jump on to the other side and try to start producing stuff ^^
    after and if i get the hang of it i'll post some of the finished pictures here for you actual Pros to pass judgement xD

• Thank you for your response, Supro !

Since your images are Super( -o! ), I take your word about Reality without questioning.
    Since I probably have used up my quota of long posts, I'll try to keep it short this time… :D
    Had some intersting discussions with Paolo before buying Reality and what I think is interesting about it is that it's fairly simple and straight forward. Lights work as in real world photography, materials are not overly complicated to tweek and most things are explained very informatively. Not as with the DAZ Studio features where it's more or less haphazardly wether you will actually find some info on features or not... and hopeingly not presented in an engineer kind of language ...

The Octane Render seems to be about the same and could possibly be useful with Poser. Kind of a "Reality" for Poser exported OBJ's. Remains to investigate.

… to see what the whole hubfub is about with GPU rendering.

Oh, you mean the Open CL variant SLG Rendering?
    Well, I first installed Reality on a large tower machine with OCL on the graphics card, but the machine managed to crash and burn before I had a chance to try it out properly. Now I'm on a pro-sumer Laptop without OCL so I have to pass on that for the moment, but it sure looks like The Next Level of Reality features.

Love your image work, Supro ! Just love it !

–- John ---

• I've been using Reality over the past year, which is still absolutely phenomenal. I did get the latest update and I haven't delved deeper into it, but the renders do look better and are completed faster.

I'm looking to invest in a new graphics card to see what the whole hubfub is about with GPU rendering.

• @'hzr':

That sounds interesting, Friedland. I am with you on the fence when it comes to having more stylish renders instead of the usual ones you see around. I am really interested in seeing how you will get along with what youre trying to achieve. Maybe we can stay in touch. Always nice to exchange some ideas and views if youre willing to.

Thank you very much for your positive reply, hzr ! I really do appreciate it. And thank you also to Miro for the response I take is partly directed to my initial post.

Perhaps I should somewhat try to clarify what I mean with stylish and classy imagery before I carry on here.
    Most all the images presented her at A3D fall in those categories imo and a really striking example is shown in the recent article Equilibrium
    Just look at that wet skin texture and how it is rendered !!
    But stylish and classy imagery doesn't absolutely have to hold the ingredients glissening pussies, gaping ass holes or stretched blow job mouths - even tho they make for pleasent assets if presented with the right touch, as they are here at A3D.
    In my opinion, stylish and classy imagery is just as well represented by photographers like Mike James.
    Just look at Tina, or Erin, or Dana
    Now I don't think even for a moment that it's possible to replicate that kind of image quality using DAZ or Poser models, but I would be very happy if I got somewhere close to it, and since I've done a load of retouching of glamour and fashion models shoots, I think I've got a fair apprehension of image quality - as to content and technical matters.

Maybe we can stay in touch. Always nice to exchange some ideas and views if youre willing to.

Of course - but you have to bear with me … I've not gotten further with my 3D-ing than getting used to the UI's and sorting out what is where yet.
    But I'm here on this forum and I will most probably have you endure my renders and my opinions :rolleyes:

… I used selfmade 3 light setups and later on the Uberenvironment IBL ...

Well, the Ûberenvironment IBL seems to do a pretty good job of it and also adds some more "reality" to the render by ability to add different kinds of shadows and Ambient Occlusion, but even with the HQ setting it renders a kind of grainy look - as with a slight ammount of Noise in Photoshop.
    As I got it, the 3Delight render engine is a biased renderer - meaning it simulates the physical behaviour of light and tries it's best to fake it. And that's why I went for Reality 2.0, since it's an un-biased renderer that works as light does in the physical world (ie photography etc).
    Anyways, it should do better than the default DAZ Studio render engine.

The idea to make the forum a place to share information about rendering might be a good idea. I fear though that those who are really good at it might not want to share the secrets to it. Which is quite understandable.

Well, I guess that's up to admin to (perhaps in due time) create such a feature in the forum, so let's just hang on and see what comes. In the mean time we can always keep pushing for it .. :)

–- John ---

• administrators

We may be able to get some named artists into the forum for some wip stuff that may give insights into their work flow. We do always ask every artists about their work flow and some are very open about it. So keep reading the interviews.

I second the notion to share knowledge and progress that way. That will short cut the learning process and is more fun. And over here we know exactly what we want like glissening pussies, gaping ass holes, round butt cheeks, stretched mouths from blow jobs. These are actually hard to do with daz models.

BTW for the cocks I currently use satanica plus custom morphs made zbrush. But satanica does not work well for big dicks… but um for small ones its great.

• That sounds interesting, Friedland. I am with you on the fence when it comes to having more stylish renders instead of the usual ones you see around. I am really interested in seeing how you will get along with what youre trying to achieve. Maybe we can stay in touch. Always nice to exchange some ideas and views if youre willing to.

To answer to your question - I am using Daz Studio for the posing but then export to Cinema4D for the rendering. Before switching to Rendering in C4D though, I used selfmade 3 light setups and later on the Uberenvironment IBL, which gives Daz Studio a solution to use Global Illumination and Ambient Occlusion. But I never really used any light rigs whatsoever. I mostly just tried to place light sources as logical as possible to emulate reality as well as I possibly could.

The idea to make the forum a place to share information about rendering might be a good idea. I fear though that those who are really good at it might not want to share the secrets to it. Which is quite understandable :)

• Well, maybe this is the wrong place to put my first post on this forum in but what initially caught my attention when landing on the Affect3D site the first time was something Miro said : "For years I found there was a certain something missing, something to get passitionate about and sink my teeth into … "
    Add to that that I saw images which didn't have me go yawning when browsing them - as 99% of the stuff at 'Rotica does - and you understand my interest had a vital boost.
    What I miss in (most) contemporary erotically oriented 3D artwork is a touch of class and style, so that will possible be what I will be trying to produce. I've done some dabbling in 3D some years ago - tho not with the energy I should have - and have a good number of years of practice and experience with Photoshop, doing beauty retouching, image manipulations and photo montages.
    So, for the attempt I'm going for I have now "stocked up" on Poser Pro 2012, DAZ Studio 4 and Reality 2.0. I was also pointed to Sculptris (Alpha 6) by Blackadder in an interview here on Affect 3D (Thank you very much, indeed ! ).
    What I'm reaching for here is that the Affect3D Forum could very well be a good platform for learning resources, but in order to become that I think it's up to us members to make that happend. Miro and Supro have their hands full (no pun intended .. lol) with all the other stuff.
    Actually, the A3D Forum could potentially become a nice oasis for those not only looking for the main streem stuff in 3DX.

And there's a question here to:
    Those of you who use Poser or DAZ Studio for your renders - do you build your own light rigs from the standard lights or do you use custom ready-made ones ? Or Plugins, like Reality ? Or .. what ?
    I'm simply asking since the majority of freshmen/women in the 3DX genre have their largest disapointments with their results since they don't realise "It's all about light. Good light !" ...

--- John ---

• @'munrah':

yes what render are you using Miro?
    And for the specilist of DAZ3d , how are you doing to fit correctly outfitt to the charactere(in free version)?

Your best bet is Morphing Clothes from Dimension3D. I stopped using the morph follower that comes with the advanced version of 3 once I got this and it saves a lot of hassle in getting clothes on. It's not perfect as some clothes aren't fully covered, but it does a better job than the alternative.

There's also learning how to use the D-Formers, which are like the Poser magnets. But I'm not a super expert on those.

• yes what render are you using Miro?
    And for the specilist of DAZ3d , how are you doing to fit correctly outfitt to the charactere(in free version)?

• @'hzr':

If you practice some time and you got a touch for it, you might end up with some nice results. But I doubt you will ever really come close with the default Daz render engine. And if you do, it usually takes a multiple times longer to render it out than what it would have been if you had used V-Ray, TheaRender, Octane, Mentalray, just to name a few.

I don't think there are in-app renderers for Poser that are as advanced as Vray or Mental-ray… however, with a simple google search we find there are still some options for the casual poser-ist. Firefly, Indigo, and so forth. Also don't forget you can use photoshop for postwork touchups too that help a lot. Being able to use these rendering engines is a lesson in itself and whatever rendering engine comes with Daz3d is always a good place to start. It's not enough to just "pose" some figures, but be able to set up light conditions and so forth. This is where the artsy fartsy stuff come into play. Perhaps you could ask what rendering engine Miro uses?

• @'munrah':

i need good genital parts compatible with daz3d?have you an idea.

i realy like the cock that miro use.
    Hey , miro what is your secret?

Channing's M4gens is probably the most realistic one I've worked with, but it's hard to find on the share scene.

Ufgens is second to that one. It's also hard to find.

It seems that particularly in the 3d scene you get what you pay for.

• @'munrah':

i need good genital parts compatible with daz3d?have you an idea.

If you're using the V4 model, here's what I suggest:

-I suggest RajDarge's . It's alittle old, but it's probably the best one out there.
    -Pleasure Box from Darkseal. I've used it before and the results are really nice.
    -Misty V4
    is also a good one (as it comes with boobs morphs), but I'm not big on the look of the genitals.
    -For one that's just for show, Anatomically Correct 2 (don't get one) is your best bet. It's also at a very low price. There's a newer version out, but I haven't got it yet.
    -If you're a cheap person, there's a free one over at Sharecg. It's nice and has a couple of options, but not really the best for big penetration scenes.

As for male gens, It's Satanica M3 gens all the way. I know a majority of artists use because of the number of options that comes with it. There have been a couple of updates that include M4 and V4 usage. Best choice out of them all.

• i need good genital parts compatible with daz3d?have you an idea.

• @'munrah':

what is the difference between Daz3d free, daz3d advance, Daz3d pro?
    I working with the free version but the render is so far from Miro works, that i m asking me how he made to create so much beautifull babes.
    What programm are you using for postwork?

He is using a different program to render, so its no surprise you dont come close in quality by using the daz renderer. No offense to DAZ or you, but you should not expect to put up quality renders after a few days using the default render engine. There is no "make-art" button.

Read up on the different programs, see what your budget will allow you to buy, unless you dont have a problem with downloading software thats not 100% legally obtained.

If you practice some time and you got a touch for it, you might end up with some nice results. But I doubt you will ever really come close with the default Daz render engine. And if you do, it usually takes a multiple times longer to render it out than what it would have been if you had used V-Ray, TheaRender, Octane, Mentalray, just to name a few.

• If you pick up Blender, there is not a better resource than this Blender Noob-to-Pro wiki book: http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Blender_3D:_Noob_to_Pro

I learned how to use Blender, literally, in a day (a very long very frustrating day, but a day still :P).

• @'munrah':

what is the difference between Daz3d free, daz3d advance, Daz3d pro?
    I working with the free version but the render is so far from Miro works, that i m asking me how he made to create so much beautifull babes.
    What programm are you using for postwork?

The difference is access to the auto-fit feature, the shader mixer, and various morph tools that unless you are also familiar with zbrush you probably aren't going to be using for a while anyway.

I'd suggest if you are just starting that you use the free version. The only thing you will really miss is the auto-fit feature, and since you will mostly be working with naked people you can learn without it.

For postwork I recommend Adobe Photoshop. If you don't want to spend the money though GIMP is a fine substitute. It can do anything photoshop can do, but it takes more steps to do it.

Looks like your connection to NodeBB was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.