Is Your Cash App Crashing? Take Help At Cash App Customer Service

• Does your cash app keep stopping? No idea why your cash app is crashing on new IPhone or Smartphone! Found your cash app is cancelling payments? Failed entire payments? Contact qualified professionals for immediate Cash App Customer Service. You will find round the clock assistance for whole host of cash App associated problems. Services can be acquired from any regions.

• As you know I was building mine for poser and octane but now that I am looking at what Daz3d and XNA can do, I decided on a simpler startup approach. I won't be able to run my GTX580 but I can use my 3570K's onboard graphics which would be better than my current setup. Since I now have 2GB of startup ram as an xmas gift and I have a 350W PSU lying around (all my otherss were 220W-250W), I can get my foot into the door. I just need to get some case that'll work well.

I'm continuing to stay away from using plastic to buy. The best bet I have is Fry's Electronics. While they don't offer everything the online stores do, I've seen some really good reviews on the NZXT 410 and the like.

• Anything on this site that I rendered was made on a 2.8ghz dual core with 2gb of ram and an embarrassingly low-end graphics card. I doubt you have lower specs than that

Orly? How much you wanna bet? :) I'll let it speak for itself.

Current specs
    machine: eMachines T5274a
    Video card: None. Onboard graphics, part of the intel 945 chipset (the one that HATES reflective silver surfaces and makes them transparent).
    CPU: Intel pentium dual CPU E1280 @ 2.0 GHZ
    Ram: 2GB, fixed
    HD: 320GB

This thing has been good to me since I bought her in 2008. …to a point. Vista has not liked me much, though. Being a total newbie to PCs, BestBuy totally lied to me about how modifiable this machine actually was. My mistake was telling them a price budget and not knowing what's-what back in 2008.

Once she's retired from normal use, I plan to get her a windows 7 once I've cleaned off this HDD, She'll still be used for gathering and browsing, as well as looking at things saved on a hard drive from this one's history that don't ring any alarms when scanned by other machines' security.

Since I know now which adult themed sites I can actually trust to not attack my computer (thank you affect3d btw), those ones I will visit. Those paysites mostly rip off sites like this one, DigitalEro, hentai foundry, and similar, if not directly from artsts from their very own pages.

I'm kinda iffy on XNXX, though. Pop-ups have started happening that didn't used to, and their download utilities have keyloggers so long as the application is active and installed, but not before or after.

A friend has said he'll get me 2GB of startup RAM for my new machine, but is frustrated I won't just compromise on a (FAR) lesser rated 550W PSU. Sorry, but if I'm going to buy a PSU I'll need all I can get for at least a modest expansion. And Matthacker made an excellent point--the more up[front you pay for quality on a PSU, the more you save in the long run on power bills and on removing waste heat.

• @'~ArgonCyanide777':

Yeah I'm aware I may have to about-face this whole thing. As-is this machine is dead in the water. Black friday sale about to happen, and I'm broke as shit right now. No I can't ask for help with parts for X-mas either. I'm bummed.
    How long until 32GB ram is standard? I hear we're currently at 4GB, last year I think it was changing from 2GB to 4 and technological progressions and leaps are not a linear function of time…so I'm attempting to calculate my projected earnings versus the timeframe I might have before my hardware would become only marginal or even pointless and whether or not I may just have to go with blogging and paying commissions instead to get what I'm after.

I feel your pain, and I'm in almost exactly the same situation, but depending on your current pc specs you could at least make a bit of a start at rendering (if you havent already) Sure you might not be about to do your 7 girl orgy thing, but you could make a start.

Anything on this site that I rendered was made on a 2.8ghz dual core with 2gb of ram and an embarrassingly low-end graphics card. I doubt you have lower specs than that :D

• Guys, I'm in the market to upgrade and thought I'd pitch in here instead of starting another processor thread.
    Currently I have i7-920; GTX280; on an P6T Deluxe board. It has served me well, but starting to struggle through some of the heavier work.

Reviews for the Intel IBE range of CPU's seem a bit disappointing from reviews.
    The SBE i7-3820 is apparently comparable with the IBE i7-4820 CPU. The IBE 4960X is simply not an option anyway due to the price tag.

The IBE i7-4930 does have my attention though; still expensive, though since I'm at it I don't want to upgrade again for at least 5 years. It does offer 6 cores with 12MB cache. The Quad Channel memory compatibility may be advantages as well? Once I've decided on the CPU I'll turn my attention to other components, however, while at it I may as well do a decent graphics card upgrade as well.

any opinions appreciated.

• Yeah I'm aware I may have to about-face this whole thing. As-is this machine is dead in the water. Black friday sale about to happen, and I'm broke as shit right now. No I can't ask for help with parts for X-mas either. I'm bummed.
    How long until 32GB ram is standard? I hear we're currently at 4GB, last year I think it was changing from 2GB to 4 and technological progressions and leaps are not a linear function of time…so I'm attempting to calculate my projected earnings versus the timeframe I might have before my hardware would become only marginal or even pointless and whether or not I may just have to go with blogging and paying commissions instead to get what I'm after.

I'm aware of Destijl, though perhaps not a fan of every one of his works. That was just the craziest orgy picture I could think of that is still fairly close up. On that note...I think I have an idea for a new thing to talk about here:
    Would our members like a super orgy project? Which characters would our members like to see in a 3DX super orgy? Think this might make a good thread over in 3DX discussion?

• Just a quick throw in for your consideration about ATI. You wont be able to use Octane Renderer in that case, since its CUDA only.
    Oh, and I am a big fan of Destijl´s stuff since quite a while :)

Creating scenes with so many figures should work relatively smooth if they are naked. The strain on the system should occur once you use lots of high poly clothes with big ass textures and complex shaders etc. The figures alone are pretty lightweight when you look at it. I think V4 has something like 80k polys, genesis around 60k and genesis2 is at around 70k atm. I might be slightly off on the numbers but each figure should be below 100k polys.

In V-Ray you can use millions of polys in a scene and it doesnt really slow down all too much. For the unbiased gpu pathtracer engines I am not sure how much ram it takes to get a few million polys prepared for rendering, but I would guess you should be able to fit quite a few figures into a scene if you have a newer card. You would have to downscale textures from 4k4k to something around either 1k1K or 2k*2k which makes a world of difference in terms of ram needed. And you dont really loose all that much detail by doing that. Especially when you want such a massive scene on screen and theres not really much of a closeup on the skin pores level :)

• Hm. Well, I guess I have all the time in the world for additional considerations. (Unfortunately that may mean my stuff may be outdated by the time I get it complete at this rate!)

As it is, I think for initial setup I'm going air convection. Water or other liquid cooling come later.

That article was a good read. It is confirmation of what I thought after learning from others' examples and mistakes. And some limited experience working around power electronics that need water cooling.

I'm not surprised it uses aluminum instead of copper. Copper might work better but it'd be a hell of a lot more expensive. At which point you might consider heat exchangers and liquid cooling components for lasers–same price but better deal considering their designs had performance in mind for removing kilowatts at a time of waste heat energy. I have a cousin who had his custom made gaming rig outfitted with an external radiator style Transmission oil cooler with thermoelectric coolers and a fitted enclosure with 3 fans on it. Fucking crazy.

I digress: the graphics cards are what I'd be on about cooling, not necessarily the CPU.

Do I really need a ~240GB+ SSD for this?

Also, the cases I'm eying up right now for initial setup are either Lian-Li or Fractal.

Though I admit that corsair has also grabbed my attention and now even moreso after that article. I've looked at the big tower from NZXT and that is impressive as well.

I've looked at things a bit now. It got me to thinking.

I did look at graphics cards for future consideration. Apparently that 4GB GTX780 I was looking at is no longer available, let alone for its price of $645.
    I can find 3GB versions now for $760. I've seen 780's with hybrid cooling, too.
    (Funny the guy chose two 780s for his build in the article, guess I might be onto something?)

A computer hardware literate friend said: "If you're gonna go that route you might as well get a 6GB titan and make it a workstation cuz it wouldn't cost that much more than a single 780 for just one titan while two 780s would surpass this, you'd have the 6GB on board and it would eliminate the overall hassle of two cards".
    I can see the reasoning. I can even see motive (below in regards to what I'm ultimately after). But I also see the need for $$$ piling up meanwhile.

For the time being I'm just gonna have to be content with my 1.5 GB GTX580. :P

All this got me to thinking and wondering...What is down the Radeon side of things as far as programs to use? Who among people here went that route and where may I see their works? I am aware, at the least, Radeon is much more flexible to work with when utilizing multiple GPUs, than nVidia. In fact Sapphire brand seems to have a good reputation.

In order to have a clearer direction (either way)...I need to be honest about where I possibly want to go/to do.

My eventual goal is/would be something that can handle up to 7 or 8 people/figures with props and extras in a room for a set to render. I hate to give this idea/concept away but then again other people here have already done similar stuff... So for the sake of openness and honesty towards my aim, here's one example of the sort of things I have in mind.

Don'tcha just love that ahegao expression on all the girls? :)

What hardware and setup would this require? I really think we should have a thread with a scale giving a general idea (doesn't need to be precise) of X type of desires will require Y components. We have enough knowledgeable people here.

Hell, not even a goal of mine, just thought I might as well get a view of what is required for the absolute most craziest shit I know. For the sake of discussion, what would it require for someone, ANYONE to do something like a 35 (to my best ability to count in the picture) person orgy?
    http://rule34.paheal.net/post/view/403962#search=destijl
    lolz

(Though if ANYONE reading this here has THAT kind of capability, I'd consider talking about commissions with you!)

• A new article that may (or may not) help those who are considering water cooling.
    http://anandtech.com/show/7363/the-neophytes-custom-liquid-cooling-guide-how-to-why-to-what-to-expect

The comparison with an air cooler is nice. I would say, the benefits (in performance, noise etc) are negligible at best. But your mileage may vary.

• @'~ArgonCyanide777':

I suppose a platinum makes sense as power bills are about to start getting nasty around here. What about mid to high end sound cards? Do they require power provisions?

Don't know about sound cards, but generally speaking the PCI-E spec allows up to 75 watts of power per PCI-E x16 slots. Sound cards are generally x1 or x2, so they won't require loads of power. I'm guessing 5 watts at the most.

The problem with sound cards is noise. Even EMP shielding doesn't cut it. Good audio requires different kind of capacitors - the old style capacitors are more suited for audio than the solid caps that's all the rage these days.

@'~ArgonCyanide777':

Also I've cracked open several PSUs. Seems generally that switching 12V Power Supply designs tend to use the same topologies. Is it simply a matter of bigger capacitors and occasionally stronger MOSFETs?

Ever saw a Pico PSU? It's proof that you don't need that much. Noise and ripple are dependent on how good the power brick is though.

@'~ArgonCyanide777':

So the fancy platinum ratings are for essentially hitting all the efficiency points, but the higher you go the more power you'll be idling with, period. So moderating it overall…I think I can see why you'd suggest the extra $$$ now. The heat is a major concern.

Yeah. All that juice used for just idling. For me that's a complete waste not to mention very unnecessary heat.

@'~ArgonCyanide777':

True. Traya on the other hand was all about effectiveness. Looked like a withered old lady in a potato sack, but she was hell on two legs.

Love that game, even if its buggy as hell and very much rushed before ready.

• @'matthacker':

While on paper, the differences are small (between each 80Plus ratings), once you put them up with wattage, you get far more efficiency at those points (idle and full load).

I have two PSU - an Enermax Tomahawk 400 watts and a PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 watts. The Silencer is definitely the better one, but at idle it can never hit very low wattage like the Enermax (around 40 watts idle with my setup). Those numbers are on the wall, so they cover the entire system (minus the monitor).

From experience, a modern Intel system can hit much lower values. For a bare necessities setup, somewhere between 20 to 30 depending on component choices. PSUs with higher efficiency and lower wattage will be better equipped to hit the lower values. Of course, you still need to hit the higher loads as well. which is why I recommend something around 500 to 600 watts (for a setup with two discrete cards).

I suppose a platinum makes sense as power bills are about to start getting nasty around here. What about mid to high end sound cards? Do they require power provisions?

Also I've cracked open several PSUs. Seems generally that switching 12V Power Supply designs tend to use the same topologies. Is it simply a matter of bigger capacitors and occasionally stronger MOSFETs?

A 1200 watt PSU, even 80 Plus Platinum rated, simply can't hit very low idle wattages. 20 percent load for such a PSU is around 240 watts. That's still higher than your typical desktop system with a discrete card at full load. Compare that to a 500 watt PSU (20 percent is 100 watts).

There are other things to factor in as well. Less wattage, less heat produced. Less need to dissipate excess heat and your fans can be whisper quiet as well. Lower wattage PSUs often don't come with a very high premium, so general TCO (total cost of ownership) is lower. With proper usage, care and maintenance, it will probably live just as long.

So the fancy platinum ratings are for essentially hitting all the efficiency points, but the higher you go the more power you'll be idling with, period. So moderating it overall…I think I can see why you'd suggest the extra $$$ now. The heat is a major concern.

IIt's not about how hard you can hit, but how to make each hit count and as hard as you can. Sure Maul looks extremely bad ass, but in the end he wound up being sliced in half by a Padawan. :)

True. Traya on the other hand was all about effectiveness. Looked like a withered old lady in a potato sack, but she was hell on two legs.

@'Xicor':

generally speaking, amd processors are better for this kind of thing because you can use every core and they overclock quite well. you will get much higher clock speeds with amd 8 or 12 core processors than an intel quad or hex core.

that being said, intel has much higher performance per core than amd, so in a situation where you are limited to a number of cores, intel will trump amd(this is why everyone is forced to use intel for games). most games only allow 2-4 processor cores to be used, so the extra cores on an amd are totally wasted

I'm not disputing this, nor that Intel will ultimately outperform AMD. That was about my conclusion as well. I still hate how misrepresented AMD is, especially since side by side their 8150 is right there with an i5 3570K on overclock on most thingsSome things worse, some better.

I guess AMD is cheaper to work with as gazkull said, though I don't see why I can't just put lower ability cards together to improve performance. I'm pretty sure even the (relatively) p.o.s. cards sold at staples and best buy would be compatible.

Maybe something I don't understand?

• @'~ArgonCyanide777':

First: Do NOT turn this into a 'brand war' thread of Intel vs AMD. Please. Just trying to see if anyone here has had experience where I'm about to go. I know, Intel should just be used strictly gaming, where AMD would serve a more all-around purpose. But I'm too far in now to go back.

So, I'm building my new computer. I just learned the processor I picked out (Core i5 3570K) doesn't have the "horsepower" an eight core would for 3D renders and photo editing. It'll do fine for games with the right graphics card (looking at an nvidia EVGA 660 currently).

Anyone here who renders use Intel?

Core i5 still might serve other general purposes but I understand it doesn't do so well for 3DX as it might not have the oomph for much else. –Or does a better graphics card compensate?
    Since my Mobo (MSI Z77A-GD65) can accommodate up to Core i7, though, I am curious: Which Intel i7 would work best without fucking over my wallet too hard?

And you AMD fans, I have nothing against you at all, and in fact I almost went with an AMD, but this was a hot black friday deal in the nick of time last year that seemed so much better at the time cuz I hadn't yet discovered this wonderful 3DX site nor DigitalEro.

In fact, I may have to build my mum a new machine since her's is almost 10 years old!!!

generally speaking, amd processors are better for this kind of thing because you can use every core and they overclock quite well. you will get much higher clock speeds with amd 8 or 12 core processors than an intel quad or hex core.

that being said, intel has much higher performance per core than amd, so in a situation where you are limited to a number of cores, intel will trump amd(this is why everyone is forced to use intel for games). most games only allow 2-4 processor cores to be used, so the extra cores on an amd are totally wasted

• While on paper, the differences are small (between each 80Plus ratings), once you put them up with wattage, you get far more efficiency at those points (idle and full load).

I have two PSU - an Enermax Tomahawk 400 watts and a PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 watts. The Silencer is definitely the better one, but at idle it can never hit very low wattage like the Enermax (around 40 watts idle with my setup). Those numbers are on the wall, so they cover the entire system (minus the monitor).

From experience, a modern Intel system can hit much lower values. For a bare necessities setup, somewhere between 20 to 30 depending on component choices. PSUs with higher efficiency and lower wattage will be better equipped to hit the lower values. Of course, you still need to hit the higher loads as well. which is why I recommend something around 500 to 600 watts (for a setup with two discrete cards).

A 1200 watt PSU, even 80 Plus Platinum rated, simply can't hit very low idle wattages. 20 percent load for such a PSU is around 240 watts. That's still higher than your typical desktop system with a discrete card at full load. Compare that to a 500 watt PSU (20 percent is 100 watts).

There are other things to factor in as well. Less wattage, less heat produced. Less need to dissipate excess heat and your fans can be whisper quiet as well. Lower wattage PSUs often don't come with a very high premium, so general TCO (total cost of ownership) is lower. With proper usage, care and maintenance, it will probably live just as long.

IIt's not about how hard you can hit, but how to make each hit count and as hard as you can. Sure Maul looks extremely bad ass, but in the end he wound up being sliced in half by a Padawan. :)

• @ matt: I thought gold and platinum were marginal improvements in efficiency that only really paid off for professionals?

RAM:
    Corsair Vengeance versus Kinston's equivalent.

@'gazukull':

@ArgonCyanide777

Was it your intent to use the 580 for Octane? 1.5GB of RAM really limits how many objects you can have in a scene. (Texture size really…)

Yes. Well, weighing my options it was the most affordable overall solution.
    Even so I'm taking a bite outta myself. No time is ever a "good time" so to speak.

Would you have had another solution? I was poised to get the GTX660 but it'd run octane slower. Now whether it was worth the extra performance in rendering, or it was only marginal is up for debate. Otherwise my i5 3570K would be all I'd have.

While I'm snarling at the fact it was a Galaxy and not a EVGA or Sapphire, it was the only reliable opportunity I could afford with recourse in case the seller tries to screw me.

BTW I really like your av. :D

My mobo is a GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD7 ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128508 ). The six PCI-E for $200 coupled with the FX8320 for $150 makes the total cost of ownership much less than the Intel side, for equal number of PCI-E slots.

sigh of resignation I went with the best info I had at the time last year–I hadn't discovered this place until after that. It's kind of hard to go back now. :( Thank you for enlightening me at least. I suppose down the line I could just start over again. I sacrificed other stuff to get to this point so it's getting depressing

There is nothing that anyone could say that would convince me that AMD makes better chips, the bench evidence is just not there. Ironically, I currently only have AMD chips running in the house at the moment since I retired my i7 920 in favor of more PCI-E slots. I have an old Athlon X2 running my TV, my server is another old Athlon X2. The system in the gym running that TV is another old Athlon…

…Well I'm on a emachines T5274...Best Buy lied to me in 2008 to get me out the door with it saying it was upgradeable to 6 gigs. 'Course I really didn't know jack squat back then.

I suppose a new HDD, a ~450W PSU and a 512mb card might run a TV?...Only other way it could be upgraded is a soundcard. I could try replacing its ram, but I was under the impression its architecture can't handle it.

(..Can one even FIND a 512mb card anymore?) :dodgy:

I have a SeaSonic X-1250 1250W running that mess of a system and I have another 750 PSU I can piggyback to power more cards when I add in another 780 GTX or 790 GTX depending.

I'll keep this in mind next time…whenever that will be.

Mind you I have a TON of things very adverse to an open frame system like that. Just waiting to attack.

A 780?...that's like $650+... What do I need 1250W for? Yeah, I know this board probably is overkill with 6 PCI slots. I'm just trying to get it up and running...preferably before it's obsolete.

Hm. Like I said, I'm in too far now to not commit. I guess I'll just finish this one to get a start with this new 3dX hobby and so I can play SWTOR. But yeah, the more I look at it, the more I regret it.

"Hind sight is always 20/20, but looking back it's still a bit fuzzy." --Dave Mustaine

Plus this project is competing with other projects.

PCB fabbing, a CO2 laser, a new lightsaber (TCSS + UltraSabers parts), new costumes, decal making, etc.

• @ArgonCyanide777

Was it your intent to use the 580 for Octane? 1.5GB of RAM really limits how many objects you can have in a scene. (Texture size really…)

My mobo is a GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD7 ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128508 ). The six PCI-E for $200 coupled with the FX8320 for $150 makes the total cost of ownership much less than the Intel side, for equal number of PCI-E slots.

There is nothing that anyone could say that would convince me that AMD makes better chips, the bench evidence is just not there. Ironically, I currently only have AMD chips running in the house at the moment since I retired my i7 920 in favor of more PCI-E slots. I have an old Athlon X2 running my TV, my server is another old Athlon X2. The system in the gym running that TV is another old Athlon...

I have a SeaSonic X-1250 1250W running that mess of a system and I have another 750 PSU I can piggyback to power more cards when I add in another 780 GTX or 790 GTX depending.

• UPDATE! OH SNAP!!!!!!! I must have a scoundrel's luck. My Quapaw daily sign came in basically "blue moon" which meant fortune. I know people roll their eyes at superstition but bear with me…

So a check just came in the mail I didn't expect to get 'till mid September.
    For the hell of it I looked on ebay.
    Found: Galaxy - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 1.5GB DDR5 PCI Express 2.0, BRAND NEW IN BOX, freshly on.
    Seller? Top Rated. Location? Within CA. Price? $298.88, plus tax equals just under $326.
    Bought and paid for, now have ~$40 left.

Ouch, won't have anymore slush cash 'till November but this went rather well.

• @'~ArgonCyanide777':

My next move is either a case or a PSU.

PSU ~850W Bronze or silver, with support for both crossfire and SLI.
    CASE, you already know which cases I'm eying.

Is a touch panel cooling monitor "case mod" worth the money or just frivolous?

Nice to have, but I think its wiser to spend more on the components first than mods. Mods could alwyas be done later.

For the PSU, I would rather have around 600-700 W Platinum than 850 W Bronze. Higher efficiency at both idle and full load since it will be closer to what the system's load will be like. Idle should be around 50 Watts and full load (with two cards should be around 500-600 Watts.

• Sorry I'm going back and forth. Guess I deliberate within, a bit. :D

Funny I post something thinking options ran out for the 580 then suddenly not the case. `$260 average price.

Still it's on ebay, none of them by power sellers so no verification. :dodgy:

Bummer, Octane looks like it'd be nice to work with.

@'matthacker':

For the sensor, I was thinking about a magnetic rather than an optical one, but either will work.

Actually both. Magnetic inside the capsules, with some 4013 IC based optical clear fluid detectors on outside with clear tubing.

When I get to that point, of course.

Yep i5. must be thinking about 3770. They're actually the same, but Intel 'kindly' fused off the hyperthreading parts for the 3570.

You know I actually was wondering about that. Too similar stats, only difference really is hyperthreading. :)

US$ 250 (I'm assuming US dollars here) seems to be the general price for a 7950 at Newegg. If you're budget is 500, you could buy two and get 6 games out of that Never Settle bundle. Even with two of those cards, you'll hardly push a 600 PSU to the limit.

You assumed rightly. Northern CA. Whole lot of smoke and a pinkish red sun. My budget is whatever I can afford at a given particular time. Right this second…$166.07. :(

I may go with either a single or a dual radeon at first.

My next move is either a case or a PSU.

PSU ~850W Bronze or silver, with support for both crossfire and SLI.
    CASE, you already know which cases I'm eying.

Is a touch panel cooling monitor "case mod" worth the money or just frivolous?

• For the sensor, I was thinking about a magnetic rather than an optical one, but either will work.

Yep i5. must be thinking about 3770. They're actually the same, but Intel 'kindly' fused off the hyperthreading parts for the 3570.

US$ 250 (I'm assuming US dollars here) seems to be the general price for a 7950 at Newegg. If you're budget is 500, you could buy two and get 6 games out of that Never Settle bundle. Even with two of those cards, you'll hardly push a 600 PSU to the limit.

• @'matthacker':

Best place? That will be your local junkyard. :) Seriously, that kinda depends on what kind of setup you want to build and what budget you have in mind. As for tutorials, I think there's a lot floating around.

Hm. Well, if they are anything like what I'm thinking, encapsulation methods ought to be fairly effective. It would involve using masking tape as a shim gasket and impregnating it with silicone caulk or similar, in order to fit inside a larger tube of sorts. It wouldn't hold things off indefinitely but it would at least prevent a breakage from spraying the electronics in the immediate. Sensors inside the larger tube would pick up the leakage.

This is somewhat similar to designs for cooling jackets of older hobbyist CO2 lasers. Jarrod Kinsey has such a page showing this method as demonstrated in at least one set of plans and in a related Sci Am article.

And also automotive parts aren't too far off from what you said actually. A more modern CO2 laser design actually uses a tranny oil cooler, window wash fluid pump and tubing to circulate liquid cooling for this portable system. Fairly robust from what I see so far…haven't tested it out myself yet (I don't have the discharge tube!!!)

Aww, was hoping you had a specific tut or forum in mind. You sounded like you did this.

My electronics skills are a bit rusty, but I don't think you need an IC. The quick and dirty way is rigging a diode to the sensor so when there's too little (or too much current) a LED blinks or simply turn on. The most complicated part is the RPM sensor, but I think you can easily find that in an electronics shop..

RPM sensor? Like what they use to determine a grinder's actual RPM with a piece of white tape?

The easiest I can think of (and what I think most vendors apply) is make it a pressurized system. All you need then is a pressure gauge. Unfortunately, pressurized systems will fail even with just the tiniest leaks/fractures.

An important consideration.

As one famous drill intructor used to say - Keep It Simple Stupid. :) Not directed to you of course.

Didn't think it was…though I can be quite the trollish type when I think someone is being like that. ;)

That said, unless your ears are pretty sensitive, I'd go for air cooling solutions. The i7-3570 you're using is pretty cool, with some aftermarket tower heatsink.

Aftermarket? I know chunks of dissipation metal are fairly straightforward…

Yeah, so I hear air cooling would meet my needs fine. BTW you mean i5 don't you? :D

You've already given me some good info for considerations. I guess the CPU isn't critical if I'm doing a GPU program. 3.4GHZ out of 4.2GHZ isn't bad.

Besides 3D, and playing some games like SWTOR, Street Fighter. Orange Box and other valve games...

I am looking at programming PIC microcontrollers
    Digital editing
    Video editing
    multimedia
    romhacking
    modding

If you're still lucky, grab one (or two) GTX580 and get Octane. Octane has a bridge both for Poser and DAZ, though I believe there's no cross licensing (you can't transfer a Poser bridge license to a DAZ license).

I've run into a snag…I can find them but they are either ridiculously overpriced (around $500) new, or they are previously used on ebay for more feasible prices ($95-250). I keep being told 580 is a waste of electricity and money at this point, and one person suggested to just get a 780 or similar for rendering... :(

I don't think I trust the cheaper option and I'm not about to overspend on last year's flagship vid card.

If your budget don't allow it. I think the best combo is Radeon HD 7950 and Luxus/Reality for DAZ. You only need to pay for the bridge (so the app can export the scene to the renderer) and the GPU. There's some pretty sweet deals around for those cards.

Almost pull the trigger on two Sapphire 7950 OC edition, but AMD will likely refresh their lineup this 4Q. So, I'm going to wait and see what comes out.

Yeah I was about to go for the AMD 8150 (I think) cuz it's similar to my i5 in most respects when I was buying late last year. At least now I have a better idea what I'm looking for.

I'll keep you posted.

Looks like your connection to NodeBB was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.