Best Business school in Hyderabad

• IMT Hyderabad constantly endeavors to provide its students with an excellent learning experience through unique pedagogy and curriculum that matches contemporary business requirements. IMT Hyderabad is the best business school Hyderabad. It is to create an ecosystem facilitating incubation of knowledge in helping businesses thereby generating new knowledge. To know more details visit our website.

• its way better than 4.5… : D

but some annoying bugs still appear : (

biggest problems i have with some clothings (most made for V4)... after i save and reopen a file clothing wont fit anymore (or i am too dumb to recognize the technical cause)

and i dont like those .duf files : P

• Well the thing is that those commmands I mentioned worked just fine in Daz 4.5, In 4.6 it's a mess. Bugs the hell out of me :D

• @'Sol':

I Pretty much nuked entire Daz library today, started off fresh (maybe I can keep things fairly organised now). Also Upgraded to Daz 4.6, and well what would an upgrade be without any weird bugs. In my case none of the Edit -> Object -> Restore/Zero commands work, on any figures. The only thing that works is Edit -> Figure -> Restore -> Restore Figure. But that restores everything on that character, which obviously isn't very handy.

Anyone here with experience of this weird shit?

If I remember correctly, restoring a figure/shape/transforms means restoring them to settings which first have to be memorized (done via the Memorize commands). Zeroing will restore objects to their zero state, while clearing will restore objects to their default state (and clears all keyframes in the timeline).

• is that the restaure options you are talking about ?
    after a few misuse of them, i've learn to restaure/zero selected (be it pose or shape).
    on the image we're sitting on parameter tab; each pose & shape tab have their own limited to restaure/zero pose (or shape)

edit, i see, you're going thru edit menu on top… (1 year later still figuring out daz's nooks & cranys !)
    anyways nope, never had a bug, just restaured full shape by mistake tho :)

• I Pretty much nuked entire Daz library today, started off fresh (maybe I can keep things fairly organised now). Also Upgraded to Daz 4.6, and well what would an upgrade be without any weird bugs. In my case none of the Edit -> Object -> Restore/Zero commands work, on any figures. The only thing that works is Edit -> Figure -> Restore -> Restore Figure. But that restores everything on that character, which obviously isn't very handy.

Anyone here with experience of this weird shit?

• nope, it wont touch your runtime libraries.
    if you want to be on the paranoid side, which is a good habit considering the bugs are actually out to get you, you can make a back up copy, but considering the size of the folder you may just trust the updater :)

i actually like the Smart Content feature but hardly ever use it since most of my runtime doesnt have metadata. Ive tried to create some metadata for things i use a lot but failed.

• Alright, yea I prefer the tree structure too. Won't uninstalling the previous stuff mean I have go reinstall all my content?

• It will offer to uninstall the previous versions first. I recommend doing it that way.

Oh yeah, if you don't use Smart Content (I still prefer browsing the categories via a tree structure), you don't have to use the CMS. Rather than disabling it, you can choose not to install it during the installation. Simply choose Cancel when the DAZ CMS installation starts.

• By the way, if you get the 4.6 version, will it just update 4.5 to 4.6 or will you have to uninstall 4.5 first?

• @SinCyprine : You wont see much by just applying the shader over your regular setup. First off, it has to be enabled lower down the line in the settings :)

And then you have to tweak things by setting colours/maps for the sss slots and specular too of course. Also set shading rate to something below 1. This will ensure that you wont end up with artifacts. Takes a bit longer to calculate but its definately worth it. I was using 0.2 and it was doing fine.

• @'komblkaurn':

Since I don't render in Daz I don't see much reason to get 4.6 right now, unless it will stop it from giving me the "duplicate files detected" message every time I load something from my library. I thought daz was supposed to have SSS already? What is the difference between Daz 4.5 and 4.6 with SSS?

SSS have been available for DAZ for quite some time (I think it was available ever since HSS came out - early 2010). Up to this point though, SSS will only be applied if you lower diffuse settings. The new shader adds another option - multiplying the diffuse with SSS instead - called postSSS.

It's still using the same basic brick/node though.

I do wish I can hunt what's causing the crashes on my end. Everything works fine, until I started some renders. When it works, render time was about 1/3 faster, though there are some noticeable differences in the materials and lighting.

• i'm probably not doing it right… sigh
    a figure, a pose, 3 lights
    the new daz sss with skin a (or b ?) preset, NO tweak

• Since I don't render in Daz I don't see much reason to get 4.6 right now, unless it will stop it from giving me the "duplicate files detected" message every time I load something from my library. I thought daz was supposed to have SSS already? What is the difference between Daz 4.5 and 4.6 with SSS?

• I've downloaded 4.6 and ran a test of the new SSS. It increased render time by a large amount, which is what was expected.

• The content library seems to load faster when youre working in directory mode, which I do with a pretty large runtime. Before 4.6 I had to wait tons of time before being able to just access another directory. Now it seems to not preload every damn item from each directory when youre accessing it. This might be minor but really pissed me off for years.

The new subdivision seems okay. Catmark is set up as default now, but it is also not the best for the figures since it really makes creases pop out and especially on already very detailed figures it just makes them look very bumpy. David5 is the best example for this. Ontop of that, The viewport really has gotten slower for me in this version. No idea what is causing it but I am definately considering on holding off for the time being. 4.5 still has everything I need and theres really nothing new that I would use over 4.5 as I aint rendering with DS…

It might only be me, but it just seems they are adding new features just so they can say "look we got it too!" instead of actually improving the package and getting the workflow smoother. It is a posing program but the posing tools could really need alot of improvements :| I am still hoping that some day they come up with an update that allows you to use the Powerpose tools so that only one axis direction is used when youre dragging with the mouse holding mouse1/mouse2/middlemouse so you could actually pose intuitively and precise, without having to go back and forth between the pane and the viewport... one can only dream...

edit : Oh, I didnt spot the SSS stuff earlier. Will give it a whirl later.

edit 2 : Screw it, I am already playing around with it ;)

Seems pretty straight forward to me. I created some sss maps quick and dirty, by raising contrast and saturation on the diffuse map, then adding in some extra amplification by painting a mask for even more saturation on things like ears, fingertips and feet. Set the sss strength to 100%, diffuse to 100% aswell and did a quick scene with a 200% intensity pointlight in the back and a 25% intensity fill light from the font/side to give a bit of ambience.

Those are the results without any optimization. Just to see the results. Kinda nice considering those are default settings and I just filled in 2 textures per material.

Thats how the sss maps will look like, to give you an idea of what to do with them. Its not perfect and you should probably make sure to add some nice details like veins, blueish tones below the eyebags and such. Theres so many possibilities for improving these, but thats just how you can start these.

This one is using only 35% diffuse strength and I have desaturated the colour textures by 80% to counter the oversaturated sss slightly, just how I normally do this with v-ray too.

• @nephanor

Thanks, but I'm merely asking if others have actually used it and what has changed? If anyone have used the final version, I'd be delighted to hear the experience of using it, compared to earlier DS.

I'll be sure to try out Poser 10 when it's available.

–-

My download haven't finished yet, but I generally would like to see if it still crashes when rendering and are the LOD issue have been fixed.

edit.
    No to both accounts. So, I'll guess it's still DS3 for me.

As for the new SSS shader (should work with other DS4 version as well), here are some of my thoughts after reading the readme.

I love the idea of procedural bump - it’s nice to have another way of adding bumps, since artist and apps have different ideas of how bumpy skin is.

From the readme, PreSSS quite possibly works the same way as HSS and US. PostSSS is different and I believe work more nicely with darker skin characters. You generally have to adjust SSS strength(s) manually with the preSSS method. So you technically can apply the same postSSS preset to light/dark skin characters.

Not to crazy about the opacity settings. I also saw no mention how fresnel and specular relate to each other. HSS don’t respect fresnel values, while US do (when calculating specular). I wonder what’s the usefulness of using max ray depth with SSS? If an object have SSS, the reflections should also show SSS. The readme hinted this as an optimization for indirect lighting.

Some concerns though - from the readme.

Procedural specular noise and bump may not properly move along with rigged or morphing objects throughout animations.

In rare cases, where an object is only partially visible to the camera, the areas not directly visible to the camera may not show the subsurface scattering effects in reflections or refractions. This is simply due to the way many renderers optimize geometry for better memory use, only calculating geometry that is visible to the camera during any given render pass.

• I say meh. For one, last I heard from those in beta, it was still filled with bugs, didn't work properly in Windows 8, and as usual for Daz, has no manual. They are rushing this out, just because they want to be out before the new Poser. Looking at it, the new features of that one has me more intrigued. The clothing fit room could remove the need to buy for a specific model entirely. Have a neat outfit for Vicky 2 that you want to use on Femasu? Go for it! Have something for M4 that you want to use on a werewolf? Not a problem! This approach is a great idea, since it means ones of the concepts behind Genesis, the uniformity of a figure giving all clothing for it able to work on all iterations of the figure, is rendered moot.

• ditto, DLn & upgrading.

Looks like your connection to NodeBB was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.