Want quick solutions contact Verizon Wireless Phone Number.

• Verizon offers a diverse range of Wireless products and services. Due to which the technical problem users face also diverse in range. Therefore, if you are among these users and want to get rid of it as soon as possible. For this, make contact with Verizon Wireless Phone Number via their support help number. Their support staff will provide you quick solutions.

• @'SinCyprine':

installed this morning !
    but my pc is still sick, running at 91°C & slowly… and the plug-in slows Daz even more so... its a bit of a pain to use atm.
    Ill try to cook up smthin tonite (& not fry my motherboard in the process).

side question: is it possible to turn off the plug-in (to set the scene) & then turn it back on ?

First off what cpu are you using ? also check your bios and make sure your cpu is not overclocked, best way to test this is put it back to factory default setting and monitor the temperature.

• @SC You might also look into home brew diamond heatsink compound. Beat the pants off arctic silver and the results speak for themselves.

Well this is a welcome development…

Will start out with Daz using the onboard graphics of my 3570K. I'm still weighing my options for GPUs to come thereafter at this point.

• If your CPU is that hot, invest in a new cooler. Seriously. That is going to fry your components so hard that the money for a cooler will be loose change in comparison.

• installed this morning !
    but my pc is still sick, running at 91°C & slowly… and the plug-in slows Daz even more so... its a bit of a pain to use atm.
    Ill try to cook up smthin tonite (& not fry my motherboard in the process).

side question: is it possible to turn off the plug-in (to set the scene) & then turn it back on ?

• Tried out the Octane Demo (not the Daz plugin ) and now I really want Octane, it works like a charm. The node based UI is nice, I'm used to Nuke and its fancy nodes. It'd be expensicve though, 279 € for the licences and another 200 € for a scond GPU, because it's nice to play while rendering :shy:

• Yeah the standalone render gives you the ability to save your materials and presets of these (called material macros in Octane).

The DAZ plugin currently saves materials on a per-scene base but t_3 is already hard at work to include some comfort features like material presets and the likes.

If you got a decent current generation gfx card you should definately give it a try. It is cheap, fast and has a very intuitive workflow.

• Tried it when it was still in beta. hzr is a licensed user, but I think he's married to vray and C4D :)

It's fast when direct lighting is used. Not so much if you use other methods (PMC). Newer builds have changed a lot, but they probably work best on newer hardware rather than my old 8800GT.

Since I'm using the demo, I wasn't able to save materials but I think the full version is capable of that.

• Has anyone actually used Octane Render? I've had less than stellar results using SLG renders with Reality in Daz Studio 4.5. Anything to kill those 8 hour render times. I tried a demo of Keyshot with absolutely horrific results. I love the speed but I have no desire to create my own material groups with every render.

• Yah…. he is a little off base there. A 15 dollar card would fix things. I run a 7970 for my primary and gaming and use a pair of 650ti for octane. When running a render, I just play Skyrim.

• Yeah. I don't know why people complain about that issue.

Just use the iGPU for viewport and then pass off the renders to your dGPU(s). If you can't use that, just use a second, cheaper dGPU. You don't have to buy two similar GPUs, although having two will certainly help with rendering speed (if you want to use both).

• Well, 2nd gpu should do the trick. If you got the money to invest in a big ass main gpu it shouldnt be such a big deal to get another card. It does not need to be a great card. Even an onboard mainboard gpu would probably help :)

• As of right now, Epoch (of Clara Ravens fame) is not happy with Octane. Here's his take (along with two commission pieces):

https://www.epoch-art.com/2013/03/26/new-commission-renders/

• @'Supro':

That still doesn't make sense. The price for octane is 199 euros or $255. I dunno how you got 1,300 euros out of that.

Probably plus the hardware he wants to run it with.

• That still doesn't make sense. The price for octane is 199 euros or $255. I dunno how you got 1,300 euros out of that.

• The price they have listed is in Euros not american dollars.

• Where did you get $1650 from? Octane costs around $255 or $356 if you buy the Daz plug-in together.

• It looks pretty awesome. But the price is REALLY steep for some people. $1650.00 to get Octane on its own and then the plug in for DAZ. That puts it out of the range of a lot of artist such as myself.

• There might be a version in the future, but with how the focus has shifted towards DS4 for the majority of people and how DAZ is supporting DS4 almost exclusively, it made more sense to focus on DS4 first and probably think about a DS3 one later on.

I wouldnt get my hopes up for a DS3 version however. I mean look at it realistically, DAZ wants to push genesis content and DS4, and most people already use that for various reasons and with time passing by, the balance will further go towards DS4.

• I can understand focusing on DS4.5, since it is the latest build available. But why no word at all?

So basically, DS3 users are stuck with the OBJ export to standalone renderer. hzr, would you mind asking the devs about that? Since you are a licensed user, they ought to listen more.

Looks like your connection to NodeBB was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.