PGDM colleges in Hyderabad

• Are you searching for PGDM colleges then visit IMT HYDERABAD is one best PGDM college Hyderabad. The PGDM course offers dual specialization in traditional and high growth areas such as Media, Financial and Technology management. The campus, situated away from the city in a serene and modern environment with a technologically advanced facility. All the faculty of this institute are highly qualified and well experienced drawn from prestigious Business Schools. They have extensive industry experience and exposure. The institute also provides students with the knowledge which enables them to secure a placement of their choice or to start a business of their own. visit IMT HYDERABAD for more details.

• I remember when a few sites actually had special flash comics. Interactivity was limited to clicking "next" or "back". Being a zip file? Hmm quick and easy for users to download. No hassle. Except for the "need to have access code" to some is a bugger.
    Are there any actual limits as of late?

• @'miro':

PDF is good cause it's just one file, but the slide show option is limited. For animation a simple mp4 file is best I think unless you've got some useful interaction in that case flash is decent, cause you can have offline and online versions. In terms of images raw image files appear to have the most flexibility plus the slide show options are good with even the basic windows image viewer :)

For the best experience an install able game would be great and if we go just a bit further into the future it's going to be movies, games, images streamed via the cloud - no requirement to install anything locally…. omg did I just stumble upon the solution vs piracy :P

Flash is an alternative, but I still prefer using a format that's standardized and (generally) more open. Executables is another option, but you'll have to build different binaries for each of target devices. Requiring internet connection to view content you have purchased (to read, not distribute) is asinine.

• administrators

PDF is good cause it's just one file, but the slide show option is limited. For animation a simple mp4 file is best I think unless you've got some useful interaction in that case flash is decent, cause you can have offline and online versions. In terms of images raw image files appear to have the most flexibility plus the slide show options are good with even the basic windows image viewer :)

For the best experience an install able game would be great and if we go just a bit further into the future it's going to be movies, games, images streamed via the cloud - no requirement to install anything locally…. omg did I just stumble upon the solution vs piracy :P

• @'jbtrimar':

Epoch has a new way of presentation that I would like to get aboard with.

https://www.epoch-art.com/2012/08/31/the-dynamic-comic-viewer/

It's an alternative, but it's not exactly what I have in mind. Take a look here - http://webdesignerwall.com/trends/47-amazing-css3-animation-demos - at some nifty ideas.

• Epoch has a new way of presentation that I would like to get aboard with.

https://www.epoch-art.com/2012/08/31/the-dynamic-comic-viewer/

• @'Alpensepp':

As long as the raw images float around in a directory and I can view them with my favourite image viewer, everything is fine…
    Extra credit for a neat HTML solution. (Like with some cool transitions, a few simple Animations where appropriate and stuff...)
    Authoring would be a bit of pain though...

... if you do it with HTML you'll place the images on the user's filesystem anyway, don't you? (Unless of course you base64 encode them and store them in the files... you deserve to be shot though, if you do that :P )

Well, that's up to the artist, but I believe having easy access to the raw images is a good thing. Authoring shouldn't be that difficult if you plan ahead. Basically, it's still a lot of work but less than an actual motion comic (in video format). I think most of the code can be reused for future work(s).

Who knows? Maybe I'll make it myself.

• I prefer image files. It gives less strain on the mouse's third button. Not only that, it provides the end user a more rewarding experience. Also if you do things on a larger screen, you can clearly see all of the bumps of the skin and of the outfit.

U can't do that with a PDF, in my opinion.

~GO

• As long as the raw images float around in a directory and I can view them with my favourite image viewer, everything is fine…
    Extra credit for a neat HTML solution. (Like with some cool transitions, a few simple Animations where appropriate and stuff...)
    Authoring would be a bit of pain though...

@'matthacker':

Basically, the things you can do in Flash/AfterEffects, but done with current, open, web standards (HTML5, CSS and XMLJSON :P). Users will still have access to raw images (simply include a TOC page with links to the raw images or the option to save out the images), but you as an artist can be more creative in the presentation.

… if you do it with HTML you'll place the images on the user's filesystem anyway, don't you? (Unless of course you base64 encode them and store them in the files... you deserve to be shot though, if you do that :P )

• @'Nephanor':

Remember, it's not just about how you want to see it, it's how the artist wants you to see it.

imo, no, its really not about that as far as i'm concerned the artists control of how I "see" their work should end when the images leave the artist's "production line" :)

• I wish for a more dynamic format, one that follows (or rather directs) your eyes. Not like a PDF where you're locked into one format but a more motion comic type of thing. Ever seen the Watchmen's motion comics? Something similar but with dynamic layers.

For a panel, you start with an empty image. When the reader clicks, you update the view with a narrator text box (overlayed) rather than baked in. You could do one layer per bubble for a dialogue and display them one at a time.

Since it's just layers, there's a lot of potential for the system. Instead of bubbles, you can also use it for special effects (dynamic rain, fog or thunder/light flashes). I also believe you can possibly do some rather creative image composition (background image fading out, foreground image fading in) or partial updates (imagine a series of panning images - from one side to the other).

Background sound and sound clips is nice, but not really necessary.

Basically, the things you can do in Flash/AfterEffects, but done with current, open, web standards (HTML5, CSS and XML). Users will still have access to raw images (simply include a TOC page with links to the raw images or the option to save out the images), but you as an artist can be more creative in the presentation.

• It all depends…if it is made out like a comic or a book, PDF is probably the BEST format. Remember, it's not just about how you want to see it, it's how the artist wants you to see it. If they are just making static images that are sequential, it is a little silly. And with the prevalence of tablets, pdf is very portable.

• Raw image files.

• I favor sequentially named files contained in a zip file. That way I could unzip it or rename it as a cbz and load it into a reader if I wanted.

PDF isn't very flexible for the end user since it simulates a book or magazine. It's fine for plain text or text with some supporting images, but it sucks hard for any kind of sequential art.

Looks like your connection to NodeBB was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.