Ecommerce website | Inovies eCommerce Design Company Hyderabad

• Inovies eCommerce Design Company Hyderabad , job portal and any software based website designing company. Web Hosting Services.Contact us Today!Phn:-040 40273049.For more Details visit https://www.inovies.com/web-design/ecommerce-website-design-company

• hi : )

i am new to this forum but interesting discussion… i work with 3d programs for around a year now... thinking about to start a blog or something but i am not sure if it wont turn to work then :huh:

i displayed very few of my works on renderotica last days for example. feedback is always important, we all know. some guys already asked me for comissions but i am not sure if i should do them...

i dont really need the money but well... some extra bucks are never wrong : )
    so IF i would start a blog and offer my work for free there i thought about a paypal donation button maybe... but i dont know if ppl really donate there, anyone got experience? : D

if you are interested, you can find some of my works on renderotica... username "svar"
    i am too dumb to find direct links here atm : D

• @'komblkaurn':

I really agree with Miro on this. I did commissions for a little while but stopped because it just became such a drag, like it wasn't really fun anymore because I was doing work that I didn't really care for and there was pressure to finish it. As a hobby, with 3DX I can do what I want whenever I feel like it and take a break whenever I want; when money enters the equation I feel that this is not the case.

Holy words :angel:

• I really agree with Miro on this. I did commissions for a little while but stopped because it just became such a drag, like it wasn't really fun anymore because I was doing work that I didn't really care for and there was pressure to finish it. As a hobby, with 3DX I can do what I want whenever I feel like it and take a break whenever I want; when money enters the equation I feel that this is not the case.

I want my work to be the best that I can do, and without passion for what I am doing this will almost never be the case.

As a side note has anyone made any money from DeviantArt prints?

• administrators

When it comes to 3dx there's only one thing that is important and that is passion, I think. Currently you'll find very few 3dx artists without passion, because there's not a lot of money in it, hihi :D

I think both options are perfectly valid.

Either you do it as a hobby like zzomp in that case money will only corrupt your vision.

Or if you do decide to take plunge that's a great path as well, after all why wouldn't you want to do 3dx full-time :D I couldn't think of anything more enjoyable. Just don't forget two things, IMHO:
    Never let the money come first. If you think money first you're a business man not an artist and business men aren't usually good artists :D
    Secondly never compromise your taste for money. I think you can only do your best work if you really, really love that particular subject. If you stray away from what you really like just to make more money then you are selling out and you will lose passion and your art will suffer.

On the other hand if you love what you do with a passion money can help you buy better tools to create even better art :D I don't think magnificent artistic feats like the Matrix could have been done on a shoe string budget :) But again don't lose site of the two things above, or you will fuck it up :D

It's ok to do things on a 'means to an end' basis, and take up some "slave" work to get by, as long as the overall goal doesn't get lost.

• I think I'll start selling my 3DX stuff the day I'll loose my "day-time" work :rolleyes:
    At the moment I worked for paid commissions only to keep my deviantArt account alive (no money but devpoints only).

Anyway I won't this hobby become a work for me.

( …that's why I always say "NO, thanks" to all paid commissions requests :angel: )

• At the moment nobody would buy a pic from me because of the lack of quality.^^
    But even when I would be better, so that a lot of people would want to buy stuff from me I wouldn't sell something, because for me it is a hobby to make this pics, and for a hobby I don't want to be paid.
    Perhaps some paid commission work but never make pics and say now someone has to pay for these.

But I already seen that, too, that there are sets on sale where you only think, "who the hell would spend money for that."

• I think there's also another factor to consider - how are you going to sell your render(s)?

I see at least three options - commision based, third party store and your own store. I generally see most artists use the first option, since the second and third option requires a lot more time and effort. To distinguish yourself from others, you need to build up some reputation and provide samples of your work. That way others can judge the quality and style.

Since the second and third option generally need a lot of investment, I think it's only feasible if you already have an established fan base.

• For me its mostly that I dont believe that many people would pay for my images, at least not the bulk of testrenders that I usually do. Also, when you start out with something that people have to buy, theres the risk of not many people actually seeing what you do, thus limiting a possible fan base. At least for me thats always been a huge part of my thinking. Better hone your skills and win some people over time, and then start creating something of quality and ask for a little compensation. I think thats the most reasonable way, and I am still on this road :)

On the other hand I have seen quite a few guys selling stuff on their own sites or some market sites which doesnt look to be of good quality. I just wonder how well those sell…

In the end everyone would love to get paid and turn a hobby into the main source of income. But that doesnt just happen over night, at least not to anyone, no matter how skilled they are in what they do.

Theres also many artists around where I wonder why they arent selling their stuff. Some quality images floating around also in the extended bunch of artists that have their sites linked with affect3d.

My belief is that when youre putting up good quality, its only fair to ask for something in return, especially if the artist in question has been around for a while and been generous in the past by sharing his/her work freely with the community. A little support for good art shouldnt be too much to ask and I happily pay for quite a few varied comics and sometimes a monthly sub to sites that are worth it. Although most of my money goes into stuff for creating renders with the poser dolls :)

• I don't mind paying for good stuff, for example Blackadders work and most recently the set by Nova to support them, after all getting money for doing that stuff can be a great motivation to do more. I think what, for example Blackadder does, make a PDF out of the images and sell it is a pretty good way to sell your stuff, I'm not a big fan of subscriptionstuff because of rare updates and so on.

I think I could imagine creating comics and imagesets to sell in the future if I think I'm good enough at it so that people want to buy what I make. Some reasons for that, motivation to do more, the content you get to make the stuff is not free, I'm a student at university, so some small income from your hobby from time to time wouldn't hurt my poor student wallet. :D

Looks like your connection to NodeBB was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.