A complete guide for norton.com/setup

• Hii Guys hope everybody is doing great! I am here to ask you the reason for the Norton.com/setup. Actually, I have been frustrated with this setup and tried my best to install this antivirus but couldn’t install it. Do anyone of you know what the reason for this antivirus is and how to install it. Guys if you know the reasons because tell me in detail. I will be grateful for your assistance. Waiting for your response!

• Just another character study. A dial spun character of one of my many muses.

A close up

I'm pretty happy with the result. I think I'll call her Electra - her character's name from Assasins.

• @'hzr':

I like it, theres a good amount of translucency in it now, something that was missing from your earlier versions, or it just didnt show that well. This gives the skin a nice softness.

Yeah, I'm pretty satisfied with it. I'm currently in the process of rebuilding my materials around the light setup and the skin.

After looking at HitmanX3Z, NerdDesign and your renders, I figured out what's missing - range and conservation of energy. So basically, each light (UE2 for ambient, area lights for diffuse and traditional lights for specular) are set to about 3/4 strength (192/255 in color). With this setup, even DAZ default materials looked good. Then it was just a matter of balancing diffuse, specular and SSS as close as possible to accurate values. For my purposes, it doesn't have to be accurate, just good looking. And fast.

@'hzr':

What I generally like about the Renderman stuff is that the skin doesnt appear too thin, which can often be the case on V-Ray or other engines, thus these setups often only work well on some conditions and are looking crap on other light situations.

Now you just need to get some nice displacement maps done in zbrush and the look will be great. Thats also something where Renderman engines will rock, since 3Delight also has point based occlusion within that Scripted 3Delight render option, which means that many very time consuming features like AO, motion blur, displacement etc are very very fast - well for Renderman standards :)

I gave the scripted render a try a few weeks ago - although it's not accurate (even 3delight devs admit this), it's faster and has less (no) noise. I kinda stumbled on a hack for ray traced occlusion though. Basically, you enable reflection (map based), but use a very low strength. Then you use a lot of reflection blur on the surface (and up the samples). Since this is done per pixel, you can get away with low shading rates (less than 32). Render time is similar and the blockiness gets smoothed out by the blur. It is a killer if you went with ray traced reflections.

After playing around with it, I decided not to use it. After twiddling with the settings, I found setting occlusion strength to 75%, trace distance to 125 cm, with an error rate of 0.1 and shading rate 32 is the best when combined with area lights. A room filled scene without reflection takes about 6 minutes at 1280x720, which is pretty good. Basically it's direct lighting combined with photon maps. I can never get fast enough renders with indirect lighting, so I'm faking it with velvet and ray traced reflections (which will take a very long time to render and make all reflections blurry with the hack)..

@'miro':

Looking good especially the girl with the mask image. Since when does Daz3D have SSS I thought that was one of things Poser has over Daz? Since when? Version 4?

Well, I think it was available with Elite Human Surface Shader, so pretty long (DS2 maybe, might be wrong). Omnifreaker did changed the way SSS implemented in UberSurface/UberSurface2. DAZ never bothered promoting it as a checklist feature (like SmithMicro did with Poser), so most users are oblivious about it.

Like I said before, I won't call it true SSS, since the stuff you're able to do with it is quite limited. Of course, you could always plug in the SSS brick manually in Shader Mixer ever since DS3, but it's still not as advanced (or as fast) as I'd like.

I wish they offer a way to use point based SSS though. A two pass approach will still be faster than the precompute one they have right now.

• administrators

Looking good especially the girl with the mask image. Since when does Daz3D have SSS I thought that was one of things Poser has over Daz? Since when? Version 4?

• I like it, theres a good amount of translucency in it now, something that was missing from your earlier versions, or it just didnt show that well. This gives the skin a nice softness.

What I generally like about the Renderman stuff is that the skin doesnt appear too thin, which can often be the case on V-Ray or other engines, thus these setups often only work well on some conditions and are looking crap on other light situations.

Now you just need to get some nice displacement maps done in zbrush and the look will be great. Thats also something where Renderman engines will rock, since 3Delight also has point based occlusion within that Scripted 3Delight render option, which means that many very time consuming features like AO, motion blur, displacement etc are very very fast - well for Renderman standards :)

I just wish that V-Ray could handle displacement this well, and on a per material base instead of per object… sigh

• Thanks.

I'm planning to release this some time in the future, for free. Although the presets are for DS, I think the settings themselves can be converted to just about any 3D app.

• I have fairly much avoided commenting on both yours and HZR'z threads about the work both of you are doing in regards to skin shaders, mainly because it was a bit above my head, but I really have to say that these last two pictures are phenomenal. Thank you for all the hard work :)

• After lots of tweaking, I think I've found a way to introduce variations and avoid that copper dust look.

Default setup, with SSS.

Same setup, with SSS colors changed to a bit purplish

The light setup have also been upgraded. Instead of relying on traditional lights + UE, I've migrated into using an area light for diffuse and traditional lights (but without shadows) for speculars. Seem to render a bit faster too.

• I've been quite busy this week.

With a wide angle FOV.

My, oh my. I do love the new setup.

Been tinkering with materials, so that explains the heavy bump on some of the surfaces. Used a bump map to control diffuse strength, bump strength and specular strength. The new preset seems flexible enough to simulate either metal or concrete slab (depending on the settings).

I though I had a hack to avoid occlusion blockiness, but it doesn't always look right. In the process learned a lot more about UberEnv though.

• For the non SSS shot, I boosted the diffuse so they would have generally the same brightness. It's a compromise to keep render times low for animations.

I've fiddled with SSS on both Human Surface Shader and UberSurface2. From the experience, I can honestly say, you can't have proper transluent skin in DS. Of course, I'd love to be proven wrong. :)

• Looks good, but you should make sure to use more dramatic light to show the sss effects. I assume not everyone knows what to look for when the two images have such subtle differences :)

• Basically, it adds three additional render tricks - occlusion, indirect light and bounce GI. So, yes, the results can be vastly different than default rendering. I mostly used the first mode - occlusion with directional shadows since it gives pretty good results and doesn't take too long to render.

• Great work, I'm not terribly familiar with Daz plugins. Does UE add more render settings, and how different is it from the default rendering?

Looks like your connection to NodeBB was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.