PGDM in Marketing Management

• The PGDM Marketing Management course at the Institute of Management Technology Hyderabad (IMTH) is a program for aspirants in management, seeking to pursue Marketing as their major specialization. Marketing is undoubtedly a function that helps an organization to generate its revenue through identifying and satisfying customer needs.PGDM Marketing is a marketing management program with a special focus on the role and importance of marketing in modern businesses. Students learn the inside out of the modern business world and are groomed to become highly creative and focused marketing professionals. IMT HYDERABAD is one of the best PGDM marketing in management. for more details visit our website.

• @'hzr':

Hopefully this can help you a little.

HRZ, thank you and you are helpful as always. I'll be messing around with this and hopefully have good results soon, my biggest obstacle is render time. It's quite a bit more work than just having everything set up in Poser but with that it just always seems like some level of quality is missing. Thanks again!

• ^ that human-faced golfball in the top left corner of that image creeps me out

• Theres a few ways, which you can either combine or use exclusively.

First option is to add a transparency map in the diffuse transparency slot, as you already guessed. You can simply take your colour map for this and desaturate (100%) it with a filter channel. That way all the details and harder lines especially things like eyebrows etc will not be as transparent and preserve its detail. You can control the amount of transparency by either adjusting with the mix value or brightness/gamma inside the filter channel.

I usually use either this or create a cavity map for this slot. You can easily create one by getting the free xnormal photoshop plugin that creates normal maps from the colour map and can then turn these into cavity maps.

Next option is adding colour maps into the sss channels. Put the colour map without any changes into the overall colour slot. This will already ensure that the overall effect of your sss will not be something completely different and theres alot less blur already.

Then you put a map inside the subsurface colour channel. Since the subsurface colour is the dominant colour that will be showing through later on, you can preserve alot of detail by just using your colour map inside this channel and mix a colour channel into it through for example a fusion channel or a layer channel. Its up to you what you wanna choose. Fusion is quicker to work with and make changes later on, but layer is giving you more options to add additional things (veins, blood vessels for example…). In my shaders I usually always use the colour map, then add an orange type colour ontop of it with a 30% opacity and normal blending, so it just adds itself flat ontop. This looses a bit of detail inside the sss then but thats not so bad because in reality thats just how it works, it blurs a little.

You could also use the subsurface slot and paint some tints into it by adding for example a bit more red around the ears and fingers, near the tip of the nose and maybe above the eyes where the flesh tends to get a bit of a reddish tone even when theres not an intense light falling into it, but just from things like temperature, blood flow etc. Just make sure to keep it subtle and not overdo it.

You can also use a map inside the scatter colour channel which adds just another bit of sharpness overall, but thats not as important as the one inside the subsurface channel because this one only shows alot on very thin parts and generally is just mixing in very very slightly with the rest.
    The easiest way is to use a desaturated version of the colour map once again and multiply it at 100% opacity to a dominantly red tone, in my case its 160 10 10 usually. This is all just absolutely optional though, a flat colour will do just fine.

I normally combine all those options in my shader, but its up to you what you prefer. Just try messing around with it and see the results. Thats the best thing to do anyways so you know whats going on with each option and can decide what to change once you run into obstacles the next time.

Heres a quick look at how my sss channel looks in most cases.

Hopefully this can help you a little.

• Wow thank you the hypernurbs works amazingly! If I can ask one more thing, how do you deal with loss of skin texture due to diffuse transparency when using SSS? The only real solutions seem to be either custom transparency maps or fixing it in post-work.

• Ah interesting stuff. I will try to remember that on my next monitor buy. My current one has a broken front panel and I cannot turn it on or off from the button anymore. Got to use the button on my power connector each time, lol… So I guess it is only a matter of time until I will have to get a new one :)

• :)
    A picture of the midge would've been nice.

I generally prefer a walk in store so I could test the unit I'm buying. Product warranties are still spotty where I live, since it's a third world country. Been using mine for a few years now, (backlight hours is closed to 16000 hours) and haven't encounter any problems.

• komblkaurn,
    I prefer to use low poly models (character, cloth), and then place them inside HyperNurbs Object, usually i set 1 sub-d in HyperNurbs for viewport, and 2 sub-d for final render to Picture Viewer, also it must give different results if you play with Subdivide UVs parameter Edge or Boundary, for V-ray it's sometimes very necessary to limit Phong Angle inside Phong Tags to 40, especially for flat surfaces.

matthacker,
    It seems they all have the same bugs, problems with quality, for me it's looks like a lottery, thats why i choose another TN screen, after spending one week to "test" different monitor models at home. :)

And you probably don't believe me, but in my old Samsung T220 (good for gaming and watching tv only), inside the screen appeared midge, lol, real midge, which was crushed inside the screen. I disassembled the screen to make sure this, all that was left of it was between the protective films, this monitor works and now, but it seems I have lost in the war with dust.

But… how this might get inside the TFT screen? Or it was born there? I do not understand.

• I think ASUS's monitor are getting better lately. Haven't seen any reviews on that particular model, but I'm glad it worked out for you. I'm surprised though you didn't pick an IPS panel instead (if color's the primary concern). I'm still using an HP 2408wh and was thinking about switching to an IPS panel, but so far haven't found one that suits my tastes.

Back to the topic, color calibration will certainly help in produce better looking visuals. At the very least, you won't produce images with overblown colors/brightness. I made the mistake of targeting color profiles for print purposes until recently.

Would love to see a daytime render of that structure though.

• It always makes my day to see your work, the restored pieces are amazing. If I may ask, how do you smooth the models? When I import into C4D it ends up looking bad because everything does not smooth automatically like Daz or Poser.

• @'matthacker':

Hitman, I assume you're talking about monitor color calibration?

From my experience, unless you have access to a colorimeter, there's a very good chance you can be quite off from a profile. Monitor vendor settings tend to be uncalibrated as well. Don't get me wrong, I think it's nice of you to do that (double if you do use a colorimeter).

I've switched over many monitor models from different vendors via money back, and i can say - now it's very hard to find a good monitor with low response time! Finally i've found ASUS VE278H, maybe i'm just lucky guy who managed to get a very good sample? or it's just very good model by itself, it's TN+FILM, but on same level with VA panels, maybe even better, very low color shift by default, awesome black level, good brightness for LED, and does not heat up. Calibrated it with X-Rite i1 Display Pro, and was very impressed, that it has very low delta by default, that impossible for TN+FILM, surely this is some kind of magic. :)

• Hitman, I assume you're talking about monitor color calibration?

From my experience, unless you have access to a colorimeter, there's a very good chance you can be quite off from a profile. Monitor vendor settings tend to be uncalibrated as well. Don't get me wrong, I think it's nice of you to do that (double if you do use a colorimeter).

• English still hard to me, but it's just a try… :)

So, ok...

Basically when ppl got Poser or DAZ, paid models, textures, and they render not that what they do, they render what they got from other ppl, vendors, etc. But you trying make something by yourself, you can encounter many difficulties, such as wrong color output of your image for example, cuz your screen is lying to you, and how you can tell that you do something right, if you even don't know how it's looks like? And when you understand that what you do it's actually looks like shit for you and in general. So i make my monitor pass Ugra certification ( http://www.ugra.ch/ugra-display-analysis-and-certification-tool-2.phtml ), and I can be sure that you can see what I see.

I hope it's understandable... :)

• Been to your blog earlier on and I saw you saying youre now in sRGB standard. So you rendered these without LWF or adaptation from linear and instead put every input to sRGB? Or is it postwork?

My first guess was colourbalance postwork and probably softlight black and white overlay, but it seems I was wrong :)

So what did you change? Looks really nice actually.

• Not an erotic, but….

• It's like this now :)

• good one man! I have a thing for white haired chicks. also white haired chicks with a little tan

• Hey! Thanks! I am very like that did you find her cute, as i just put my unrealized ideas in her character.

@hzr
    Just light sphere with reflector surface and a bit of vray environment with brightness of 0.15

@stoper
    It's old Bridal Set for V3 optimized for Genesis

• Another gorgeous model.

Which stockings set is this one? It looks great.

• Love it. The light works well, shaders are good as usual, especially the garter belt materials look really nice and realistic. Only the pubic hair looks a little flat compared to the rest. Did you just use a flat white there? Probably looks better with a slight bit of specular.

Great shots as always. Keep it up!

Looks like your connection to NodeBB was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.