Why Transforming Leadership?

• In the world today, there are different forms of leadership. Current paper seeks to uncover the true nature of transformational leadership based on the personal example and the role models of leaders around the world, for example, Mahatma Gandhi, Malcolm X, Norma Rae and others. The paper reveals the experiences of different leadership positions and roles that are taken by the leaders in various case scenarios completed in apa essay format.

The paper seeks to understand` the meaning of transformational leadership based on the findings in the academic literature review on leadership. Therefore, the paper also offers a case study analysis that examines the dynamics of an organization and how the transformational leadership can be used to project positive outcomes. It is important to understand how transforming leadership can facilitate the acts and positions of people towards their thoughts and actions.
    The purpose is to cover the main tenants of transformational leadership and analyze them from the position of leaders and their actions in various organizations. In addition, the paper is organized in a way to review the major concepts of leadership towards the understanding of practical implications and real-life scenarios.

In particular, the paper will cover the principles and/ or tenants of transformational leadership such as simplicity, motivation, facilitation, innovation, mobilization, preparation, determination, and self-assessment. It is important that a leader had a complete understanding of how to use each principle of transformational leadership in both business and life. In fact, a transformational leader is a person who can take advantage of all the transformational tenants for bringing the value to one’s followers.

Most of the leadership models are used in the organizational settings and/ or in any owned businesses. Hence, the definition of organizational leadership is described as the ‘matter of consciousness’. In other words, the organizational setting distinguishes the leaders and followers as two different perceptions and people as a whole. The difference is that ‘a leader has a larger vision’ compared to the follower.

The other implication of leadership is called the ‘authentic leadership’, which distinguishes a person with ‘greater consciousness of the world and the organization’. According to Burns, the authentic leader is a person who has to choose between the transformational or transactional leadership styles.
    For example, a transactional leadership model is used to project the leadership insights to motivate the followers. In other words, a leader should position the values of followers and encourage them towards using their skills and efforts to produce the goods and services that are important for the public usage.

The transformational leadership is used to motivate the followers; however, it is important that the transformational leader increase the motivation based on the consciousness of the followers. In other words, the purpose of using such leadership insights is to create new leaders by uncovering their hidden potential in the working process. At times, it means that these followers will not become leaders, but they will ‘act more as leaders’.

Another alternative of leadership is its transformation based on the ‘transcendental precepts’. In other words, a leader should use the human power through the application of transcendence and authenticity that will inspire people for incredible activities and astonishing results.

Even today, the ideas of leadership philosophy of the past times are used to search for the authentic vision. In particular, a leader should be attentive by means to understand the environment and use it to ‘create the alternative reality that bring more positive impact and true actions of consequences’.

At the same time, ‘a leader should be intelligent’ to face the reflections with courage and act accordingly to manage the situation. The idea is to ‘use the depths of the mind and sharpen the leadership vision for the future challenges’. In other words, a leader should be ready to cope with negative situations with the help of wisdom and intellect by operating effectively with one’s mind and reflections.

It is also important to ‘be reasonable’ in every situation, and act as a leader to search for the truth and ‘seek for the improvements of personal characteristics by positioning oneself towards greater achievements’. It is important to know ‘how to cope with personal ambitions’ and empower them to ‘bring value and avoid contradictory ideas’ that will never lead to anything, but an impression of being awkward and imbalanced towards one’s wishes.

A true leader should ‘be responsible’ in one’s actions. It is important to fully understand one’s actions and control them. A leader should learn ‘how to prevent contradictions and seek for the truth’. In other words, every thoughts of such a leader should be followed by the actions with authentic understanding of what is happening and what value it can bring to the people.

In all, ‘the actions of a transformational leader should be simple and easy to understand by the followers’. It is important to ‘apply the vision of a leader towards the value of other people’. While leading people, a leader should be able to clearly explain one’s vision and address its practical implications towards a better vision of any situation.

The actions of a leader should ‘be innovative from the position of challenge for the future’. It is important that a leader use an ‘effective approach to one’s actions and responded in a fast way to manage the changes’. One should be ‘powerful to act effectively in order to produce valuable solutions’ for the people and/ or a business. At the same time, it is important for the transformational leader to ‘take advantage of the teamwork’, as this is the key to successful influence on the followers and their personal or professional abilities.

A transformational leader should be able to ‘mobilize one’s powers for the sake of managing the vision’. A leader should be willing to participate in the work of others and inspire them on the road to success. In all, the abilities of a transformational leader are to ‘encourage the team to work based on their responsibilities and towards the common goal’.

In fact, ‘a transformational leader should always be ready to learn one’s personality with the help of a mentor and one one’s own’. One should be ready for the risks and act according to the situations that pursue the reflections of the followers. It is important for the transformational leader to ‘utilize the potential powers, gifts and talents of people’, as this is what helps to achieve great results.

Overall, ‘a transformational leader should be determined in one’s ability to manage the tasks effectively and on time’. Moreover, the mission of a leader is to count on one’s courage and strong points’ as well as use stamina to work better and more effectively. One should be able to ‘focus on one the task until it is done in the best way possible’. A leader should teach the followers to develop their ‘professional skills and personal qualities’. It is important to gain new experience and develop oneself in terms of ‘managing the feelings and emotions, spirit and discipline’.
    Finally, the last tenant of transformational leaders is self-assessment. It could be defined as the ‘ability to grow personally and professional on the way to become successful in both business and life. In other words, a transformational leader should learn how to solve problems, face the changes, develop oneself and others while going towards one’s mission in life.

To conclude, transformational leadership could be differentiated based on the abilities to manage stress by growing spiritually’. A transformational leader should - constantly follow one’s mission in life and be committed to the challenges’ with a strategic approach. Taking initiative is also important for the leader to step forward every time there is a need to transform the abilities of oneself and other people.

The transformational leaders should help the teams to grow their potential and learn how to lead others on the road to success. The idea is to focus on the potential transformations and challenge oneself towards greater achievements. A leader should be able to control oneself despite any situation. It is important to share one’s experience and strengths with the teams and generate their vision for success and public recognition with transformational influence.

Autobiography of Personal Transformation
    In order to apply the research to the real life practice, it is important to address the personal reflections. It is also significant to emphasize personal experience, expertise and capabilities, personal mission statement for leadership development, vision, values, and goals that helped me to develop my personal leadership model.

In addition, the autobiography of personal transformation could be enhanced with the graphical interpretation of my personal leadership style. The best example that can illustrate leadership transformation is a personal role in the development of inner leader. In other words, this is an autobiography of personal leadership transformation that could be applied to the research on the topic.

This part of the paper represents personal transformation through the leadership development plan. Based on my perception of traits for transforming leadership, I will connect my values and goals with action steps for continuing my transformation as a leader in the multiple areas of my life.

The idea is to explain what my values mean to me, to create linking goals both for my career and for life, since they relate to continuing my leadership transformation and professional development, and to include specific detailed action steps for implementation of leadership transformation.

Taking into account the transformational traits of leadership, I can draw a guide for the action steps, such as (1) mission, (2) values, (3) goals, and (4) implementation. The major idea is that I want to become a successful transformational leader. Therefore, my purpose is to become a transformational leader based on my mission and vision of life for personal and professional transformation.

Mission
    Many professional qualities belong to a human, among which there is a place for self-sacrifice. At times, you need to estimate your free time in favor of the company and its objectives by means of working overtime with your team in order to finish the project. In such a way, you fulfill your mission as a true leader, who puts value to not only oneself, but also cares about others.

A great amount of successful companies from the different directions offering different services or selling a variety of goods is promoting their behavior in the marketplace. Such kind of promotion cannot exist without the management part that is controlled by the senior executives and managers of a high level.
    Thus, it has to do with the structure of an organization or a company that is the same on all levels of operation. Once there is a definite and reasonable objective, the company’s heads will do their best in order to deliver such an understanding and mission to the company’s departments and take care of their professional development all the time.

Such example could serve as exceptional behavior and positively affect the workers to perform a better job and support you with everything required. Thus, my mission is to become a true leader in the field of helping people achieving excellence by transforming my personality and the minds of other people I deal with in both business and life.

Vision
    When talking about friends and colleagues, I have mentioned the fact that if they ask for advice, it works in most cases, but only if one performs daily actions to improve and change the world around oneself. I have also mentioned that I feel personal relief and satisfaction, if my suggestion was valid and helped a person to overcome a real life situation. I behave in such a way that fits exactly into the transformational leadership model.

The ability to believe is the most extraordinary characteristic a human has, and it has not yet been developed in a vast majority of people. From the perspective of what I have heard from others talking about their workplace, they lack inspiration and a vision that everything could be a lot better, only if they believe it could be so. After talking to people, I clearly saw that after any personal transformation people begin realizing that their personal growth and professional development in the long-run project more positive outcomes for the future careers and life as a whole.

Values
    Based on the list of core values that are incredibly meaningful to me as a leader, my role is to address the traits of transformational leadership towards understanding who I am in terms of the leadership aspects that would be implemented in my future career and life. They are as following: Leadership potential, Self-confidence, Leadership style, Thinking style, Emotional intelligence, Moral courage.

These are the six most important elements that I value very much and always try to work out from the position of transformational power by means of repeatedly leading people. The aim is to address the idea of transformational leadership in the best way as I can manage. Such principles are the most important to me in terms of my mission, score values, and goals that I am willing to achieve. My core values are as following: Achievement, Challenges, Enjoyment, Health, Growth, Inner Peace.

The key factors that influence the leadership model you choose are different for all people, but the most general ones are morale and productivity. The style that reflects most is called shared leadership. It highly appreciates the idea of having high morale and productivity in mind, and deeply values the concerns of people, who wish to become transformational leaders. Here is the list of all the core values that define transformational leadership in the origin of the human nature for transformation, as well as the fact that defines a leader in various terms: Achievement, Meaningful Work, Open-Mindedness, Challenges, Power, Comfort, Safety, Community, Competence, Service, Competition, Spirituality, Cooperation, Stability, Creativity, Status, Curiosity, Economic Security, Wealth, Enjoyment, Wisdom, Friendship, Status, Gratitude, Growth, Health, Independence, Inner Peace, Loyalty.

Goals
    Nowadays, many people work by helping others to understand the personality and to lead to a conclusion personal transformation in both business and life. The position of leading people is to become a coach in a search for the reason as to why certain things happen in life, and to actually offer transformational solutions for different changes and improvements.

Some would say that I have failed a lot in life and I will not make it if I do it again, but just stop here and acclaim the fact that all inventions and greatest achievements in the entire universe have been accomplished through the unlimited number of repetitions and mistakes, one after another, until finally there was a breakthrough.

The same goes here, you need to start from the small things that you know you can do for sure, but try to do it in the best possible way. After a number of times, you will see what you have done for the transformation of oneself and other people. It is also very important to love what you are doing and to try one’s best every time, at least wish for the highest quality.

Implementation of Personal Transformation Leadership
    My personal style of leading people, as well as the approach to tackle the life situations, can be illustrated on the example of a Thornton’s 3-C leadership model that is the closest to my transformation as a leader. Such a framework talks about empowerment, alignment, and motivation. All the three aspects are to be present in a model and I truly believe that this is the best possible transformational technique of leading people.

Such a model represents behavior to provide challenge, confidence, and coaching. These are the relationships that I consider myself in every perspective to offer a challenge, shape confidence, and deliver the coaching and mentoring for the people and their transformation. However, it will never work, unless you experience of a transformation of an inner leader.

Most people are afraid of what they could have in life and that makes them stop on the way to their improvement. They do not believe in oneself for the reason of many failures that had taken place a long time ago. Even though this has nothing to do with the present, it still influences people a lot, making them stop developing their skills and talents in search for a better life, a perspective career, and a challenging future.

Everything we do in life has its reason, and the reason I talk to people is to help them to solve their problems by their personal and professional transformation in the first turn. Just think over this word ‘a problem’, why not to replace it for another one, which is more positive, for example, ‘a challenge’. Most of us cannot see the difference, but it is huge, and I strongly believe this is what guides my professional leadership style. Moreover, it helps me to communicate with people of different behaviors, leadership styles, and willingness for personal and professional transformation.

In general, my vision of leadership is compounded out of the traits of transformational leadership. Therefore, what I consider of the utmost importance is that every person should have an individual style of leadership. My leadership model is based on the clear thinking, as well as on the vision of the road to potential success.

The next is the mind and confidence in order to lead people and help them to transform their minds. In fact, a transformational leader should have a clear mind not only in those situations, when everything is fine and there is no need to worry about anything. On the contrary, it is important, when there is a stressful situation, and when there is a need to think critically without losing the effectiveness of the results. This is what is called personal and professional transformation of people as leaders of their business and life.

At the same time, a transformational leader should have the clear understanding about morality and do not be blind in terms of courage. In addition, the moral courage is not possible to be shown in action without the ability to control oneself, as well as one’s temper and emotions. Moreover, personal transformation is what teaches people to think in all dimensions.

The next area of my transformation is the visionary leadership, which means that in case a leader needs to invent something, one should be able to see it in action, before it is even in the project. In case a leader has the ability to do that, then any project would be managed easily and professionally in all perspectives.
    Finally, the person could not be called a transformational leader if one does not have the power over other people. In other words, the ability to manage people is one of the main principles in the leadership role, which means that it is not the leader, who performs the work, but the team. The leader controls the process and guides it in the required direction.

The most important is that such productivity is possible only due to the personal and professional transformation of every team member. Therefore, the graph below illustrates the leadership model that I can see based on my transformation experience and perceptions of life, as well as my personal and professional development.

To conclude, my favorite leadership model is the transformational one, and coaching has to do a lot to help to improve my skills, learn to generate more energy, and share it with people. It is important to gain more knowledge that will put me one more step forward to my ambition of helping people by transforming their minds.

For me, personally, I strongly believe that there are no limits for my achievements and I am grateful for the course of leadership that helps with this a lot. I do know that ‘practice makes perfect’, and in my case, this is for good, since I love what I am doing. However, I need to be more concerned about the transformational specifics of different people and use my leadership skills in every perspective that considers personal growth and professional development.

There should always be a balance in everything we do while living, as ‘there is no energy from nowhere; it always has the power source’. There are many leaders around the world and every single one is a completely different person. In my opinion, the key factor that influences my transformational leadership style is my family.

Some people deeply value their family relationships, others do not, but still it is what matters most from the position of sub-consciousness and personal power to transform the minds of individual people. In fact, our mind controls our behavior and leads the character that performs all the leadership qualities we possess, both inborn and learned from experience.

My personal vision of a transformational leader is to combine whatever is learned and experienced and continue learning over the lifetime. The eastern wisdom says, ‘a true leader is the one who can learn more from others and never stops doing what brings happiness in life’. I consider such a way of transformation leadership to be very important for every person, especially if one is willing to help other people to achieve success and boost both their performance and profitability in any life setting and / or working environment.

The reason for any transformation is that you are willing to understand what you really need from yourself. After the answer to this question is clear, one can gain power and reputation to achieve what is needed for his or her personal strength. This is the reason why I strive so much in my life aiming at making the decision that drives transformational changes in both business and life.

Transformational leadership is what makes you happy about life and business. It gives you the reason for living as such is the law of life. In general, this is my personal experience of transformation and the roles I have taken to apply the traits of transformational leadership of my personality.

This is the analysis of what I have discovered about my personal transformation. The research of the leadership articles was aimed at discovering and defining personal growth and professional development of my personality in a variety of directions. In addition, due to the course of leadership is has become possible to reveal the hidden dimensions of my transformational leadership nature.

Looks like your connection to NodeBB was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.