Get Quickbooks support

• QuickBooks support is reliable accounting software that makes the workflow super easy for the accountants. With numerous automated features, it allows the users to save precious time. Many firms use the QuickBooks support program to manage their accounts effectively. There are some issues that such as the code H202 and issues related to QuickBooks desktop, which can be fixed by connecting with QuickBooks desktop support.

• 3 dimensional optical harddrives will be the next step in memory storage, 3 Dimensional as in "information is stored vertically as well as horizontally", I saw a documentary about them years ago. Wish I had a link, because they look really cool

• @'jbtrimar':

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/134672-harvard-cracks-dna-storage-crams-700-terabytes-of-data-into-a-single-gram

That is what is going to change the world. Imagine, NEVER having to worry about memory storage. Johnny Mnemonic is coming, people. Couriers that can carry data temporarily on their skin! The entire knowledge of the planet saved on 4 grams of DNA storage. I am VERY excited to be alive right now.

Since I actually read the article and the paper, my 2cents:
    Pretty interesting, but…

Doesn't sound like this technology will land in your Home PC anytime soon... or any productive environment.
    Processing 3 billion base pairs within a few hours might be fast for DNA sequencing, but is still painfully slow for processing digital data, if each base encodes a single Bit.
    That's READING 700MB of data in several hours... mhm...
    I get that it is intended for immutable data (or better: the only realistic usecase atm is long term archives), but imagine you really want to read that large chunk of data stored in 1g DNA and have to wait a month before it's actually usable (and you probably have to temporarily persist it somewhere else)
    And as the stuff is intentionally designed to be read out of order, I'd assume it's necessary to decode the whole thing, before the data can be used(if you are unlucky at least)

Also since every data block is prefixed with an address, encoding larger bit streams requires a longer address block, reducing actual payload of the DNA a bit.
    Shouldn't be much of an issue though since every additional Bit in the address obviously doubles the address range and I guess they could have built longer data blocks too.

At first I was wondering why they did not encode 2Bits per base, as this would increase data density further, but then I assumed it's not easy to READ/WRITE arbitrary combinations of bases... seems to be correct (yeah xD)
    Some "1,5Bit/base" encoding might still be possible (e.g. T=0,G=1,a=00,c=01) to save a few bases, while maintaining some redundancy, but that means data and address blocks have variable length... which is usually not that cool.

Still, a truly safe (seriously) long term storage method is pretty nice.

• @'jaykersh':

Technology is pretty much the cause of every scenario not related to a mega natural disaster. It was a fun read. If i thought about it too deeply I'd probably want to shoot myself but I figured at some point in the future technology could do it for me.

Does your book mention the "grey goo" scenario? thats one of my favourite techno-apocalyse scenarios, its basically nanotech machines assimilate all raw materials on the earth to endlessly replicate themselves, its actually (sort of) depicted in the keanu reeves remake of "The day the earth stood still"

@'buenoexcellente':

Genetic homogenizing of food crops makes them vulnerable to diseases

Worse than that are the food crops engineered with "suicide genes" so farmers have to buy new seeds each year if they want more than one crop.

Maybe humanity will destroy itself because of our basic nature, but I like to think we're smart enough to survive. But how bad we allow things to get before we do something about it? probably a lot worse than things are now

• @'fredfred5150':

Can you imagine the uproar if a western white politician said something like "our country isnt sending anymore aid to that famine plagued african country because you might not have a famine if you didnt keep pumping out so many children, and your government is utterly corrupt so half of what we send gets stolen"

Besides even if you convince enough people to vote for these ethical obligations, are you happy to see them enforced? forced sterilisation, imprisonment, even executions? you'll need a strong stomach to force change on an unwilling, unthinking, uncaring world

I'll take a look for the Eleventh Hour.

You are right in that you can vote with your wallet, but that's only going to go so far. Politicians aren't going to fix the overpopulation issue for the very reasons you pointed out. What will eventually fix the overpopulation problem is probably things I've already pointed out.

Genetic homogenizing of food crops makes them vulnerable to diseases, at the same time that an energy crisis makes it difficult or impossible to bring relief from any serious distance. Throw some antibiotic resistant diseases in the mix, and you have a solution for overpopulation. It's crazy to think though. Even if you wiped out all but 1% of the human population that's 7,000,000 people. More than enough to put us back in the same situation within a thousand years.

• I read this book called 'Everything is going to kill everybody'. It looks at all possible armageddon scenarios in a humourous way. Technology is pretty much the cause of every scenario not related to a mega natural disaster. It was a fun read. If i thought about it too deeply I'd probably want to shoot myself but I figured at some point in the future technology could do it for me.

• I think that the only real control individual citizens have is voting with their wallets, I recommend a documentary movie called "The Eleventh Hour"

Too many people have an unjustified sense of entitlement these days, and threatening that entitlement would lead to some very, very ugly debates. and theres a lot of uncomfortable truths that people arent willing to confront, unfortunately not confronting these truths is what keeps things from changing for the better

Can you imagine the uproar if a western white politician said something like "our country isnt sending anymore aid to that famine plagued african country because you might not have a famine if you didnt keep pumping out so many children, and your government is utterly corrupt so half of what we send gets stolen"

In my global neighbourhood theres a real problem with underage pregnancy, some as young as 13! and yet try and make the case that she should have her child taken away from her because she is too young to be a good mother and see the fury that erupts, children cant raise children, simple as that.

Besides even if you convince enough people to vote for these ethical obligations, are you happy to see them enforced? forced sterilisation, imprisonment, even executions? you'll need a strong stomach to force change on an unwilling, unthinking, uncaring world

• ^

True all those things are happening. However, they are currently utterly out of a single individuals control. I have no ability at all to generate more Hydrogen so the Sun can continue to burn in it's yellow stage, thereby preventing the Earth from being consumed when it goes Red Giant.

However, there are certain things that we can do about peak oil, even if it's as self serving as investing in trains, and blimps to prepare for the eventual time when jet fuel just isn't worthwhile.

We don't have to continue to buy from companies that promote lack of genetic diversity amongst food crops.

We don't have to have kids.

There is a big difference between utterly out of my control, and probably out of my control, but I have a ethical obligation to do what I can. Which brings up the much uglier debate of if we have an ethical obligation to do those things. However, given your sig I'd say that you are probably the best person to have that debate with.

• ^ well if your going down that route…. heres some "no human will survive" scenarios (some people will survive all 4 of your scenarios)

1. If a black hole wandered into our solar system, its all over!,

2. If a star goes supernova and the gamma ray burst given off during the supernova just happens to align with earths orbit every molecule in everyones body will get melted, and it will reduce our planet to a dead sterile irradiated ball of rock, even if the star isnt in our galaxy we still get toasted

Those 2 COULD actually be happening right now

The following 2 WILL happen...in fact they ARE happening right now

3. When our Sun has exhausted its supply of hydrogen it will expand into a red giant engulfing the 3 inner planets of our solar system: Mercury Venus and EARTH, long before this expansion is completed the Earth will literally be burnt to a cinder......but the bright side is this wont happen for about 5 billion years :)

4. Our galaxy (the milky way) and our nearest galaxy (andromeda) are hurtling toward each other on a collision course, when they collide they will destroy most of each other in the act of creating a new galaxy. Imagine the movie Armaggedon with stars and planets instead of metorites and asteroids and you might get a sense of what it will be like!......the bright side is while its happening, the night sky is gonna be one hell of a show

• Society has been destroyed now so many times that any serious student of history just shrugs. There are some real apocalypse scenarios out there that could occur. However none of them are the result of people choosing to spend more time talking to each other on reddit than engaged with their neighbors.

Things to actually worry about.

1. Peak Oil. This is really a problem and a lot of people choose to gloss over it. Petrol is in EVERYTHING. It's everything plastic. It's fertilizer, It's pesticide, and the crop duster to spray it. It's construction equipment. It's overseas shipping. It's getting food to people while it's still fresh. None of the alternatives even come close to matching its versatility.

2. Food crops that are vulnerable to specific genetic attacks. Too many of our food crops are effectively clones. If somebody decided that they wanted to create something that would kill all the corn in the U.S. they could starve a good 5% of the world simply because there is so little genetic variation within that crop. Do the same thing with wheat or rice and you could knock out a good deal of the globe.

3. Antibiotic resistant bacteria. New strains of Tuberculosis anyone? How about Polio? Smallpox?

4. Overpopulation. More people graduated with bachelors degrees last year than at any point in time in history. Effectively making your bachelors degree a high school diploma, and your high school diploma a bit of toilet paper. The reason for that is there are simply more people than ever. All those people want a piece of a quickly diminishing pie. That's how ugly fights start.

Yeah. I'd be a lot more worried about those things than if twitter is making kids dumber

• http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/134672-harvard-cracks-dna-storage-crams-700-terabytes-of-data-into-a-single-gram

That is what is going to change the world. Imagine, NEVER having to worry about memory storage. Johnny Mnemonic is coming, people. Couriers that can carry data temporarily on their skin! The entire knowledge of the planet saved on 4 grams of DNA storage. I am VERY excited to be alive right now.

• I'm just waiting for the day when fossil fuels become so scarce that car companies HAVE to make ones that don't use gas and make them AFFORDABLE. Finally, the oil companies will lose their stranglehold on the world.

• What about all the teenagers who are virtually illiterate due to only using 140 characters in the majority of their communication (texting twitter etc.)?

I glad 2 people have brought up the environmental impact of technology, theres not just the power consumption of the finished product, but also the resources used in its production, and the methods of disposal when the product is no longer the "must-have" product, both of which are generally quite nasty towards the planet

I do hold hope for the future that technology will find a way to meet the energy needs of the world, either by use of existing renewable power generation technologies, or something like fusion

• Too complex an issue to really get a grasp on it. It can turn out in so many different ways. But what we surely will see more and more is the energy consumption from all things that play into internet maintenance and keeping the system running. Even todays web is eating an enormous amount of energy and thus it actually speeds up the loss of natural ressources, and its getting more and more demanding every year.

The Death of Society might be a bit harsh of an outlook, but it will certainly influence it in a major way, as it already has over the last few decades. Not only through communication happening more and more over the web and mobile devices than in person but also with more and more electro static influence with all the media equipment we surround ourselves everyday. You got to see more than one side too though, we might communicate more and more over the web and phones now, but overall we are also communicating alot more than we used back in the days when there was only the house phone and normal conversation in person. Most sane persons still communicate in person since theres no real replacement for that.

• Technology kills nature im most cases, and we need nature to breath, to rest, to live. And what is society? A big box with small ants inside working for they queen's. We make holes in Earth (our home) and drink Earth blood for better life in our box-society, because we want see our lives more comfortable, but - in the end of they - we only do that because we must pleasure our queens - we must feed her with our consuming-only life. Technology is one step forward to make us slaves of sick "society" idea. We can make everything faster, better, more comfortable, but we are addicted to technology. Its like a drug. So, technology will destroy society? No, technology is part of slavery technique called "society".

Sorry for poor english language.

• I think we are about to hit a massive paradigm shift in society. Right now, a lot of the older folks are either getting with technology or quite literally dying off. Once it reaches a saturation point, it will become so common that people will so second nature that we don't even think of it anymore. It just IS there.

But the real change will come with how we communicate. We see it already that people are starting to communicate less and less in person and more and more online. The anonymity gives them a sense of empowerment that some people find addictive and way too attractive for their own good. And we are heading towards a state where people are being more and more rude to each other online because of it. The civility of society is being eroded. And soon will come the breaking point. Now, either society as a whole is going to give up the concept of civility entirely (which I hope does not happen) or there will be a drive to have everyone accountable for what they say. Less and less anonymity.

While I thin anonymity has it's place, and still needs to exist, I firmly believe that there absolutely must be some level of accountability for things they say or do to others online needs to exist. Nothing like "I KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE!" level of accountability, but maybe a 'IUID' (Internet User ID) which people can report problems with. A permanent record on the internet, so if you've been bad, everyone knows it. And in order to make a complaint, you need to have an ID and provide proof that this person did it, and those making false claims get their own bad marks. A 'karma' system for everyone, no matter where.

Yeah, this moves us one step closer to all just being numbers, but it also puts us all on equal footing. Of course, something like this CANNOT be controlled or accessible by ANY government agency or business. To do that would be to allow tampering or misuse by those who have no accountability as it is.

• So…..no Skynet?

Within the framework you've suggested, I dont think society will crumble, but rather change over time, of course there will be a cost to humanity, think of the people who no longer had manufacturing jobs when automated robotic assembly lines were introduced.

Looks like your connection to NodeBB was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.