Top Business School in Hyderabad

• IMT HYDERABAD is consistently ranked as one of the Top Business School in Hyderabad. We provide quality education offering professional MBA & PGDM courses. Faculties are knowledgeable, experienced and friendly in the learning process. We train our students to master both the technical & management aspects of the business. We have 100% placements every year. Our rendered services aren't limited to top-quality management education. visit our website for more details.

• Awesome news! :D

• From the FB page

Now that Reality 3 for Poser is done it's time to start planning on Reality 3 for Studio. The good news is that 70% of it is done :)

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

• Well, it looks what I would expect with 22 minutes of render time.

There's still some fireflies here and there (in the cropped, untouched render). The inclusion of the noise removal brush is good, but I think in most cases you lose some sharpness/details (which I really hate).

I actually like the brightness/contrast of the untouched render rather than the postworked one.

• I think Reality 3 works just fine.

• @'Nephanor':

This makes me think Daz was specifically looking to make a "Reality Killer" and tried to get what they could from Paolo. Needless to say, it didn't work, but they are still under the mistaken impression that getting your product out first means you "win" when it comes to software, as opposed to having a better product. They tried it with Daz Studio being released before Poser, and now they are giving it away, which says a lot about how much value they place in their own product. For my money, I have Reality 3, and I LOVE it! Still working on updating my water elemental lady to the Lux materials.

Good for you then.

After thinking more about it, I doubt I will be getting any bridge to Luxrender though. They all lack something I really want - realtime tweaking of materials. Basically, having the ability to tweak not just lights, but your materials in realtime (changing parameters, swapping textures etc).

• administrators

Saw that Reality 3 release email. You've got the Poser version right? So how are the materials setup and how long do renders take?

So that Spehric Labs guy used to work or still works with Daz?

• @'matthacker':

Well, that's some piece of detective work. It may very well be, the work of someone who work for DAZ. I stand corrected.

According to someone on the Mec4D forums:

@'Ralvision':

Luxus is designed by Ammon Diether who works (or worked) for DAZ as "Developer Relations" for the DAZ SDK. His 'company' SphericLabs just registered publicly in Utah a few weeks ago. Back when Paolo was updating Reality to work with DS4, Ammon was the person DAZ assigned to "help" Paolo update Reality, which would have meant handing over his source code.

This makes me think Daz was specifically looking to make a "Reality Killer" and tried to get what they could from Paolo. Needless to say, it didn't work, but they are still under the mistaken impression that getting your product out first means you "win" when it comes to software, as opposed to having a better product. They tried it with Daz Studio being released before Poser, and now they are giving it away, which says a lot about how much value they place in their own product. For my money, I have Reality 3, and I LOVE it! Still working on updating my water elemental lady to the Lux materials.

• @'Nephanor':

Well, apparently my theory on Luxus and Spheric Labs is TRUE. I was sent the registry for Spheric Labs, as a business, and the person who is the owner…is someone who works for Daz, and used to be in charge of developer relations. So Daz is trying to pull a fast one.

Well, that's some piece of detective work. It may very well be, the work of someone who work for DAZ. I stand corrected.

• Well, apparently my theory on Luxus and Spheric Labs is TRUE. I was sent the registry for Spheric Labs, as a business, and the person who is the owner…is someone who works for Daz, and used to be in charge of developer relations. So Daz is trying to pull a fast one.

• New info!

March 23, 2012
    Reality 3 has been presented today at the world-wide PoserExpo online seminar. Receptions has been phenomenal with many questions asked from the attendees. We’d like to thank Paul Bussey and the staff at 3D Art Direct for inviting us to talk and demonstrate Reality 3 at this event.
    At the event the details about pricing and availability have been released as follows:

• Reality 3 for Poser will be released to the public on April 8th
    • Retail price will be $59.95, on sale at $39.95 for the month of April
    • Crossgrade available from Reality 2 for $14.95
    • Full version will be available at Renderosity, RuntimeDNA and Pret-a-3D
    • Crossgrade available at preta3d.com
    • Reality 3 for Poser runs on Mac OS and Windows, 32 and 64 bits

• Ah, looks like the developer is on a roll.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/18555/

Interesting.

• @'Nephanor':

There are actually a couple reasons why I believe Spheric Labs is actually Daz.

1. There is no record of Spheric Labs as a content creator at all. This is their only project.
    2. There is no website or contact email or anything regarding Spheric Labs.
    3. The lack of documentation, and even the layout of the 'addon' is very 'Dazish'
    4. Spheric Labs themselves are trying to divert 'complaints' away from Daz. Saw that in the forums on RDNA.

Btw, you can apply those points above to my products as well. The only difference is that I have two products (only one before February this year) plus I don't have a manual (only the readme). And I can certainly say that I don't work for DAZ or a part of their team.

@'Nephanor':

I get the impression Daz is trying to free themselves from anyone not under their thumb, and Paolo strikes me as the kind of guy who won't be forced into doing something just because another company wants him to. And he has every right to that. But Daz wants control, and that means they want to tell him what to do.

Well, I guess only DAZ and Paolo can say whether or not that's the truth. Since you're not likely to get an answer out of those two, we can never really say if that's what happened.

• administrators

Daz definitely come across as control freaks, which most big companies turn into unfortunately, but the only reason I could see Daz not stating it's theirs is to avoid looking like bullies. But them posting under an alias at RDNA sounds a bit much even for Daz :D

• There are actually a couple reasons why I believe Spheric Labs is actually Daz.

1. There is no record of Spheric Labs as a content creator at all. This is their only project.
    2. There is no website or contact email or anything regarding Spheric Labs.
    3. The lack of documentation, and even the layout of the 'addon' is very 'Dazish'
    4. Spheric Labs themselves are trying to divert 'complaints' away from Daz. Saw that in the forums on RDNA.

Now, it does make sense for Daz to do this. If Luxus fails and people don't want it, then nothing is lost except a little development time. They can just abandon it and wait for Paolo to make Reality. If it works, they can say they "acquired Spheric Labs" and moved it to their banner. In other words, the programmers of theirs that made it gave them the code officially, and now it's officially a Daz product.

I get the impression Daz is trying to free themselves from anyone not under their thumb, and Paolo strikes me as the kind of guy who won't be forced into doing something just because another company wants him to. And he has every right to that. But Daz wants control, and that means they want to tell him what to do.

• He had mentioned once that he wouldn't develop anything as long as DAZ was releasing updates that were still in beta. He wanted a stable platform before he would continue with development.

• @'Supro':

Magento fiasco? I'd like to know more.

The website/store revamp, oh about a year ago? Magento was the name of the platform. Paolo moved in May, I think.

• Magento fiasco? I'd like to know more.

• @'Nephanor':

THAT is another reason it makes me think Daz. They are TERRIBLE at documentation and tutorials. Goodness knows they are always asking Dreamlight to make their tutorials.

I would attribute that to good SDK access on part of the developer. DS 4.5 SDK have been out for quite some time. If I remember correctly, that was one of the reason Paolo cited for not being able to update Reality for DS 4.5 (the SDK was not available at the time). The other being support for ACSEL shaders. I think by the time the SDK arrive, he has already committed to Reality for Poser and simply couldn't focus on developing both at the same time.

As for his departure from DAZ3D store, I simply have no idea. But my guess is that Magento fiasco.

• @'matthacker':

I think you're reading too much into it. DAZ never claimed a company called Spheric Labs created this. Spheric Labs is the name of the vendor. It simply could be just a nick for an individual, not necessarily a company..

Perhaps, but I still wonder, and considering a search for the product itself yielded nothing but Daz, it makes me think that it actually is Daz. But that's not the only reason…

I do like how it's more integrated into DS (as another renderer and how extra parameters can be added to materials/lights) and how you can pass script commands to Lux. It needs some tutorials and more documentation, which it sorely lacks at the moment.

THAT is another reason it makes me think Daz. They are TERRIBLE at documentation and tutorials. Goodness knows they are always asking Dreamlight to make their tutorials.

Looks like your connection to NodeBB was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.