Inovies is a Content Marketing Services Company in hyderabad

• Inovies is a Content Marketing Service Provider Agency specialized in content strategy, development, promotion in organic search to engage the target audience.Call us on 040 40273049For more visit our website https://www.inovies.com/digital-marketing-company/content-marketing-strategy-company

• administrators

I love octane, but if you're going speed/ quality ratio Vray still wins easily with a fairly recent CPU. It's the same quality but faster. Then again a lot more expensive and you have to work a lot harder with Vray to get good results :D

Ok, so you're better off sticking with Octane after all, lol

Also if you want to go free and get something similar to Octane you can try Blender + Cycles which is also a GPU renderer. This one also has some support for non nVidia cards. But I haven't tried so I can't vouch for how good it is. Then again it's free so can't hurt to try right?

• @'hzr':

When you take a look at your imported mesh, it works basically the same as the other nodes. It will have a ton of dots on its top side which are all input nodes for materials. Just find the ones that your torso should be the texture off and connect those dots. Torso texture is usually used on torso, head,hip, nipples and neck. So if you connect these to the material node with the torso texture loaded up you can now just change the values on the material node and all 5 slots will change. No need to change it on all the nodes anymore.

I hope this explanation helps.

OH!!! I thought all those little triangles were a timeline! Ok, that makes MUCH more sense now. I will have to try this after my current commissions are complete! Thank you so much!

• @'HitmanX3Z':

One simple question - Is Reality for DAZ worth its $60 as a simple connector application??

In my oppinion: Yes!

• Yeah, the ability to have some quick feedback and basically preview of what you will get in just a few seconds is quite amazing. Be aware though that interior renders will take a good while longer. Its still miles ahead of lux but it wont clear as fast as those hdri+outdoor shots.

About the materials. There used to be a nice Octane thread in the old Daz forums where Cath was talking about her experiences with the software and she posted quite a bunch of examples how she did things etc, many others also chipped in. I think I also posted quite a few shots and screens of setups etc.

But a quick run down on how you do this : add a material node. You do this by the right click menu, add -> material -> glossy.

Now you got a few options how you want to continue. You can use all the values on the right hand side menu when you click on the node. This shows you all values associated with the material and its different slots. You can change those directly OR you can use the input dots on the material node itself. You could for example create a texture node by using the right click menu and add -> textures -> images -> image and then select for example the torso texture of your figure. This creates a new node that keeps this torso texture and also has some values like gamma etc associated. You can then connect the output dot of this texture node with the diffuse slot on the glossy material node. This is the same as if you would use the menu on the right side but sometimes you may want a bit more control over these things from other sources etc so theres both options.

When you take a look at your imported mesh, it works basically the same as the other nodes. It will have a ton of dots on its top side which are all input nodes for materials. Just find the ones that your torso should be the texture off and connect those dots. Torso texture is usually used on torso, head,hip, nipples and neck. So if you connect these to the material node with the torso texture loaded up you can now just change the values on the material node and all 5 slots will change. No need to change it on all the nodes anymore.

I hope this explanation helps.

• @'hzr':

Probably need to set some transparency to the hair cap from how it looks. Btw you can group the textures together by creating material nodes and put those pins into the texture slots instead of using the long ass list of materials on the side each on their own.

So for example legs, forearms, arms, feet, nails etc all have the same texture anyways so you create a material for those with the texture and you can just link that one node to these slots to save texture space in the video cards memory etc. Same goes for the other regions on v4, basically head, torso, limbs with the three different textures to it.

Already looking decent for a first run with it. Keep it up, you probably end up liking it :)

I have the transmap in the opacity channel, only because I thought that is where it might go.

I will need to read up on how to do the one node for many trick ;)

I am already convinced to buy Octane. I will just have to wait until I can actually save up some money. I like the idea working in Poser and setting everything up, then exporting it all and doing camera placement and adding REAL materials to things and having a working camera to move around the scene. The camera was the tipping point for me. :D

• One simple question - Is Reality for DAZ worth its $60 as a simple connector application??

• @'Dionysos':

The Reality Plugin translates DAZ materials to Lux materials. It's a very good starting point, but I'm always tweaking the materials in Lux.

Thank you for the answer. Is tweaking fairly intuitive? I don't mind busting the manual out to learn, but a softer learning curve is always appreciated.

@'hzr':

Guys, why are you breaking yourselves by using Lux when you could buy Octane for 99 and get results like that in 10 minutes? And probably already cleaned up from almost all noise :)

All you need is a decent nvidia card. The interface is easy to learn and most things you will pick up on the fly by just using it.

Like others mentioned, Lux is free, and while Reality for DAZ is $60, that's cheaper than the cost of Octane and buying a new video card. :( I just bought my AMD/ATI card less than 12 months ago.

Also, I'm reading Lux has a CPU/GPU hybrid renderer with plans to expand that support down the line.

• Probably need to set some transparency to the hair cap from how it looks. Btw you can group the textures together by creating material nodes and put those pins into the texture slots instead of using the long ass list of materials on the side each on their own.

So for example legs, forearms, arms, feet, nails etc all have the same texture anyways so you create a material for those with the texture and you can just link that one node to these slots to save texture space in the video cards memory etc. Same goes for the other regions on v4, basically head, torso, limbs with the three different textures to it.

Already looking decent for a first run with it. Keep it up, you probably end up liking it :)

• Took me a while, but I figured out how to get the textures in Octane. I had to change every node to Image and then put the correct path to the image in it. I have a nVidia GTS 450, so I am not sure if it is actually being used by Octane. There is a zero in the parentheses next to it. I like the smoothing option, very nice. I am definitely having an issue with the Hair model. I am sure it is just a setting I haven't noticed yet. I will get into some forums and see what they say.

Anyway, here is a quick test of Octane.

• Just export as obj. Works with every software that can export to that format.

• It is fun to use. Now I have to figure out how to get the textures into Octane. Is there something on how to have this work with Poser, other than going through Daz Studio?

• You need to right click into the lower tab and from the menu add -> objects -> mesh then select your obj.

• I am trying it right now, but there does not seem to be an import function for OBJ. There are preferences for it though. Clicking on open only gives you OCS file types.

• They got a free demo to try it out tbh :) The only restriction is no save function, but you can try everything out and see if you like the whole thing.

• @'hzr':

Guys, why are you breaking yourselves by using Lux when you could buy Octane for 99 and get results like that in 10 minutes? And probably already cleaned up from almost all noise :)

All you need is a decent nvidia card. The interface is easy to learn and most things you will pick up on the fly by just using it.

Because it costs $99, that's why ;)

1 ex-wife, a new wife, and 5 kids does not leave me much money at the end of the month. Unless someone were to give me a copy to try out. That would be cool.

• GTX470 or GTX570 will be enough and those are around 150-200 euros I think. No need for a new cpu or anything else. Its all running on gpu anyways.

I understand that its not always easy when it comes to money. But you got to decide between crawling renderspeed for no money and blazing fast speed and the ability to adjust everything in almost realtime for 99-300 euros :)

• So, new GPU, new SPU, and probably new CPU for this and Octane for 99? I think its not that simple, this why people love free stuff.

• Guys, why are you breaking yourselves by using Lux when you could buy Octane for 99 and get results like that in 10 minutes? And probably already cleaned up from almost all noise :)

• @'Athlon':

The Reality plugin looks nice, but I haven't seen anywhere info on material imports to Lux. Meaning would setting up my skins, materials & shaders in DAZ be worth while or is it like one giant obj file export that you have to re-paint?

The Reality Plugin translates DAZ materials to Lux materials. It's a very good starting point, but I'm always tweaking the materials in Lux.

@'jbtrimar':

… Being able to change lighting features during a render is the COOLEST thing!

Absolutely, I love this feature!! And that I can resume a stopped render :-)

Looks like your connection to NodeBB was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.