Increase Performance of Your Device Using HP Assistant

• HP devices are very reliable and give amazing performance. But sometimes the device starts showing lack in performance due to some issues. You should download HP Assistant software to maintain the performance of your HP device. It will help you in automatic troubleshooting of device problems and download the latest software update. If you have any query regarding HP assistant of HP device then contact experts immediately.

• @'thehawkman':

@'Nuke':

And boom, there's the exact reason I've always been against hobbyists turning their hobby into a business: it eventually (quickly) comes down to Ye Olde Bottom Line. If there's not enough demand, people stop being artists and turn into businessmen.

Sounds awfully central state planning like to me. I've lived in a communist country. The only thing you were allowed to do was work for the state. There was no such thing as having your own company or being a freelancer. And if you wanted a half-decent job you had to bribe and beg and kiss ass. I actually have a lot of respect for these guys. The guy who made Wardrobe Wizard was a plumber if I remember correctly and then he taught himself Python. And yes, everything is about the bottom line. If DAZ doesn't make money the precious free app goes away. And so does Genesis.

Yep, nothing wrong with capitalism. Someone should get paid a fair amount for their hard work. Otherwise, like thehawkman mentioned above lots of the stuff we enjoy goes away.

There's male clothing out there, just not nearly as much. There's demand for it, just not nearly as much.

• @'Nuke':

And boom, there's the exact reason I've always been against hobbyists turning their hobby into a business: it eventually (quickly) comes down to Ye Olde Bottom Line. If there's not enough demand, people stop being artists and turn into businessmen.

Sounds awfully central state planning like to me. I've lived in a communist country. The only thing you were allowed to do was work for the state. There was no such thing as having your own company or being a freelancer. And if you wanted a half-decent job you had to bribe and beg and kiss ass. I actually have a lot of respect for these guys. The guy who made Wardrobe Wizard was a plumber if I remember correctly and then he taught himself Python. And yes, everything is about the bottom line. If DAZ doesn't make money the precious free app goes away. And so does Genesis.

• @'Gator762':

I've read threads at Rendo complaining there isn't much male accessories, and some PAs there chime in that they don't sell (or at least are outsold by a wide margin for female accessories).

I know it takes time to do quality items for a figure, and I know it seems there's no point in supporting a figure if the items don't sell as well as other items. However, these items are still needed, even if only by a small segment of the market. When food and shelter depend on sales, they have to go with what sells, even if it means leaving other customers out in the cold, facing the same frustrations time after time of not having enough to work with.

Wanting to do it yourself and actually doing it yourself are two different things: I've seen the difference first-hand between models made by an artist and those made by someone who wanted to make models because they couldn't find what they needed. The difference is night and day. I'd love to make my own stuff for Poser/Daz. I bought 3D Studio Max 2015. I bought Marvelous Designer.

I'm a musician, not a graphic artist. Calling the crap I've made in MD "crap" is being generous. And don't even get me started on Max. $4000 digital doorstop. But, "one day…." I keep telling myself.

There are quite a few people out here in consumer-land just like me - we want/need quality products for our under-supported figures. We are not capable of making quality products ourselves, so we rely on artists, but artists rely on sales to keep them from getting "a real job", which means they're not making products they're not making money from. It's a circle of logical disappointment.

• @'eclesi4stik':

BUT i admit Artdude renders are pretty impressive, knowing him through his art he seems to have hard knowledge with CS & camera, what about a casual user as most of all here are ?

I already said I am learning so I don't pretend I am a pro. Casual users put up mediocre renders. It's all a matter of how much time you have available and how much you can afford to spend on hardware. I just wanted to show that in the right hands, Superfly (which is basically Cycles with a Firefly compatibiliy layer) can compete just fine while you claimed that wasn't the case.
    Edit: PS: I wouldn't call everyone here a casual user.
    Personally I have found a SSS setup from some Japanese Poser user's blog that uses native Cycles nodes instead of the Firefly SSS method used by Ezskin 3 (although that Victoria 7 render uses the latter and it is atill impressive). I am curious to see which one is better. The cycles SSS seemed to make the skin lighter.

• @'Gator762':

@'thehawkman':

@'Gator762':

Buying Iray shaders kinda sucks, but keeping Poser would have cost me more money buying the skin shaders for Octane. I dunno about rubbery, the RedSpec shaders are very good. Although seems like another mandatory expense. Also, you don't have to buy shaders if you know what you are doing.

I know about Redspec but the discussion was about implying Superfly is somehow some piece of crap that gets curbstomped by Iray and Octane which is not the case. And in case you're wondering, your renders are great, I was talking about someone else. But let's be honest not everyone produces good quality renders with Octane. Especially if they're on their own. Not even with Iray for that matter. I'd name the "rubbery" artist but it would be counterproductive for me, so I'll refrain from doing that.

Yeah I tried Superfly too and got black skin on my characters because it couldn't read certain combinations of Firefly nodes that vendors use for skin. But I know enough about how things work to realize where the problem was and did not blame the rendering engine. If one tried to use 3Delight shaders in Iray and blamed Iray when they didn't work they wouldn't be someone you'd call smart. A problem which does not exist anymore. There is EzSkin 3 available for free which has Superfly presets for every figure out there (Dawn, Gen 4, probably Genesis 2 but since I don't use that I didn't check). And now with Genesis 3 working (sort of, because I wouldn't call that DSON thing working) in Poser the author is considering updating it with a skin preset for Superfly.

That "if you know what you're doing is a bitch". I don't, I'll admit it. I've come a long way compared to when I started, but I still don't know a lot of stuff. I "steal" from people who know more than me. I look at the vendors' material setups mostly. If you know what you're doing, even Firefly can get you far. This guy uses Firefly and V4 with a few fixes and he still got more than a million views. http://metalhed13.deviantart.com/gallery/

Skin is too complex but many other materials are not.

Yes they are. But integrating Cycles in Poser was genius. It was free and it is well supported by a large community. I mean look at this: Iray clouds 25 dollars. http://www.daz3d.com/iray-clouds
    I go here http://www.blendswap.com/blends/search?keywords=clouds&is_fan_art=1&blend_license=&render_engine=&sort=downloads&direction=desc and I've got at least two types of clouds for free. I almost feel bad using those things for free. Camo, stone, hologram, wireframe, leather, plastic, rubber, car paint, gems, textiles, all of those things are available for free and a lot of them are going to work because many of the Cycles nodes are supported in Superfly. I'd have to pay probably more than 150 dollars to get all that for Iray. You just need to learn how to use them and copy the settings into the material room. I'd have to pay hundreds to get them that kind of stuff for Iray and since there is no documentation, there's probably no way to learn how to make them myself for it anyway. I only wish I had more time to play with this stuff.

And just to put the "Superfly can't do good renders" to rest:
    http://forum.runtimedna.com/showthread.php?102604-Show-us-your-Superfly-renders-please!&p=937120&viewfull=1#post937120
    http://artdude41.deviantart.com/art/batgirl-test-573988289
    http://jameswrook.deviantart.com/art/At-The-Mall-582660119
    http://jameswrook.com/2016/01/14/the-poser-construct/
    http://jameswrook.com/2015/12/11/helluva-way-to-start-the-day-in-praise-of-poser-11-superfly/
    http://forum.runtimedna.com/showthread.php?102604-Show-us-your-Superfly-renders-please!&p=935580&viewfull=1#post935580

Thanks on my renders. :)

I never meant to imply Superfly is crap. Haven't looked into it honestly, when I was figuring what I'd do, if I kept going with Poser I would keep using Octane, so Superfly didn't interest me at all. However, I agree a physically based renderer is one of the good moves in Poser 11.

That's pretty cool with the shaders and Superfly. Octane also includes a bunch. But with Iray it's not that bad, that was part of my cost analysis. Hold out for their sales, then it's not nearly that bad. I was sitting there with all the costs in a spreadsheet, then I saw V7 go on a big sale. I joined PC+ right away. Got V7 pro for like $35, and spent about $20 or so getting a ton of Iray shaders on sale for $2-$3 a pop. Yeah I bought PC+, but if you're regularly buying content it saves you in the long run. And either way you're buying content. I was a Prime member at Renderosity buying content there too, actually still good for a short while.

You didn't. Eclesiastik did. And a lot of people keep repeating what they hear. Without ever checking. I can see why, there are a lot of people who don't know how to use it or have weak systems and post renders that weren't "cooked" long enough and then of course they're going to look like crap. My first render in Poser was a close-up of the V4 face with those default low res textures with the hair painted on and all. Needless to say I also just used the default settings and the lights that came with the scene :)) It finished immediately and I was like "Yes!! I'm a 3d artist now. Um… what?"

Different tastes and all that, but I find Victoria 7 to be one of the hottest 3D figures, quite possibly #1

Yeah, but the thing that bugs me about Genesis 2 and 3 figures is that you can tell right away. With Genesis 2 it's the eye shape and with Genesis 3 it's the face shape. V4 was far more non-descript, it didn't insert itself into every character.
    Speaking of Genesis 3/V7 and Superfly here she is: http://forum.runtimedna.com/showthread.php?102178-How-do-I-load-Victoria-7-in-Poser-11&p=945670&viewfull=1#post945670 They should use this for Superfly promos. It's only fair after DAZ took their official forum.
    I tend to like the way she came out, much better than that brownish/kind of dull look she gets in Iray.

Oh DAZ's interface is far from perfect. But its a sheer delight compared to the Zbrush interface, the single worst UI I have ever experienced. Common Windows/Mac shortcuts do entirely different things! WTH?

Wow… Aren't they at least customizable?

As for the DRM thing, it appears that DRM is going to be the one mistake that every business is going to make in the 21st century, because every single one seems to try it, only to have it eventually fail.

I don't think it's a mistake per se. I can understand trying to prevent people from sharing. After all that's why we lost Sanctum Art. The maker of all those cool monster used by Fullytank.

• @'thehawkman':

That would have been a great response to the Genesis couple. Anyway much better than that hydrocephalus look on the default Pauline head. I won't even mention the way her legs bend. When I saw it first at Renderotica I thought someone had purposefully made her look bad using the morph brush. SM's "it's a blank canvas" idea was correct, but when the figure is unfinished (it was clearly rushed, they even postponed releasing the male) no one will use it or develop for it. And the default figure needs to be at least attractive (as proven by the large number of lazy people who just make renders of the default V7 face). I remember someone said how many compliments they got for a render of a spruced up V4 with the default face.

Different tastes and all that, but I find Victoria 7 to be one of the hottest 3D figures, quite possibly #1. :P

• @'thehawkman':

@'Gator762':

Buying Iray shaders kinda sucks, but keeping Poser would have cost me more money buying the skin shaders for Octane. I dunno about rubbery, the RedSpec shaders are very good. Although seems like another mandatory expense. Also, you don't have to buy shaders if you know what you are doing.

I know about Redspec but the discussion was about implying Superfly is somehow some piece of crap that gets curbstomped by Iray and Octane which is not the case. And in case you're wondering, your renders are great, I was talking about someone else. But let's be honest not everyone produces good quality renders with Octane. Especially if they're on their own. Not even with Iray for that matter. I'd name the "rubbery" artist but it would be counterproductive for me, so I'll refrain from doing that.

Yeah I tried Superfly too and got black skin on my characters because it couldn't read certain combinations of Firefly nodes that vendors use for skin. But I know enough about how things work to realize where the problem was and did not blame the rendering engine. If one tried to use 3Delight shaders in Iray and blamed Iray when they didn't work they wouldn't be someone you'd call smart. A problem which does not exist anymore. There is EzSkin 3 available for free which has Superfly presets for every figure out there (Dawn, Gen 4, probably Genesis 2 but since I don't use that I didn't check). And now with Genesis 3 working (sort of, because I wouldn't call that DSON thing working) in Poser the author is considering updating it with a skin preset for Superfly.

That "if you know what you're doing is a bitch". I don't, I'll admit it. I've come a long way compared to when I started, but I still don't know a lot of stuff. I "steal" from people who know more than me. I look at the vendors' material setups mostly. If you know what you're doing, even Firefly can get you far. This guy uses Firefly and V4 with a few fixes and he still got more than a million views. http://metalhed13.deviantart.com/gallery/

Yes they are. But integrating Cycles in Poser was genius. It was free and it is well supported by a large community. I mean look at this: Iray clouds 25 dollars. http://www.daz3d.com/iray-clouds
    I go here http://www.blendswap.com/blends/search?keywords=clouds&is_fan_art=1&blend_license=&render_engine=&sort=downloads&direction=desc and I've got at least two types of clouds for free. I almost feel bad using those things for free. Camo, stone, hologram, wireframe, leather, plastic, rubber, car paint, gems, textiles, all of those things are available for free and a lot of them are going to work because many of the Cycles nodes are supported in Superfly. I'd have to pay probably more than 150 dollars to get all that for Iray. You just need to learn how to use them and copy the settings into the material room. I'd have to pay hundreds to get them that kind of stuff for Iray and since there is no documentation, there's probably no way to learn how to make them myself for it anyway. I only wish I had more time to play with this stuff.

http://forum.runtimedna.com/showthread.php?102604-Show-us-your-Superfly-renders-please!&p=937120&viewfull=1#post937120
    http://jameswrook.com/2015/12/11/helluva-way-to-start-the-day-in-praise-of-poser-11-superfly/
    http://forum.runtimedna.com/showthread.php?102604-Show-us-your-Superfly-renders-please!&p=935580&viewfull=1#post935580

Thanks on my renders. :)

I never meant to imply Superfly is crap. Haven't looked into it honestly, when I was figuring what I'd do, if I kept going with Poser I would keep using Octane, so Superfly didn't interest me at all. However, I agree a physically based renderer is one of the good moves in Poser 11.

That's pretty cool with the shaders and Superfly. Octane also includes a bunch. But with Iray it's not that bad, that was part of my cost analysis. Hold out for their sales, then it's not nearly that bad. I was sitting there with all the costs in a spreadsheet, then I saw V7 go on a big sale. I joined PC+ right away. Got V7 pro for like $35, and spent about $20 or so getting a ton of Iray shaders on sale for $2-$3 a pop. Yeah I bought PC+, but if you're regularly buying content it saves you in the long run. And either way you're buying content. I was a Prime member at Renderosity buying content there too, actually still good for a short while.

• @'thehawkman':

2. When I first started investigating the field, G3F was new and exciting. As a brand new person to the field, I didn't see any reason NOT to use State of the Art. Granted, I don't have access to the back catalog of G2 stuff, but since I didn't have any G2 stuff anyway, this wasn't really a big drawback.

You won't hear me deny that Genesis 3 is good. It is, it bends very well, yes it probably is the best figure out there. But still, it is not a huge improvement over Genesis 2. Especially now that the 3feetwolf genitalia for Gen3 is being backported to Genesis 2. People get DAZ for Genesis 3. In other words for the pussy. And feminists have the gaul to complain about male privilege… Genesis 3 got the pussy, she make the rules.

Well, that's a weird non sequitur, but okay.

I would use Genesis 3 but not if I have to use DAZ. That interface is a confusing maze. It's like something I'd design and that's not a compliment. 35 fucking panes? And Poser can fit everything on ONE screen? I might even be willing to try and figure it out, but considering that I am not allowed to organize my content the way I want and install it where I want it, and I'm being tracked, and having to put up with DRM. No digital pussy is worth that. Especially when one or two years from now it's all going to be rebooted.

Oh DAZ's interface is far from perfect. But its a sheer delight compared to the Zbrush interface, the single worst UI I have ever experienced. Common Windows/Mac shortcuts do entirely different things! WTH?

Daz is free to try, more likely. When you factor in the cost of the videocard you need to use Iray if you don't want to wait for hours for a render to finish, it becomes far more expensive than Poser. Add to that the two Genesis 3 Bundles. That's another 270-280 dollars. In fact you just said it yourself above that it's not really free. It's the "cheap printer expensive cartridges" business model. And the DRM is the chip that is supposed to prevent you from refilling them with ink so they can make up the cost of the printer they sold you at a loss.

It's the same model that the freetoplay video games use. I can buy a wide assortment of new armor skins in Guild Wars 2 every week. Similarly, we need to keep buying outfits to play pretty pretty princess with our dolls. It's just that the dolls from DAZ can be arranged into compromising situations (and don't do so well in raids).

As for the DRM thing, it appears that DRM is going to be the one mistake that every business is going to make in the 21st century, because every single one seems to try it, only to have it eventually fail.

• @'thehawkman':

Gator762 wrote:

And Genesis can use older clothing in Daz too, like Poser. I've used or tried lots of V4 clothing on Genesis 3. Only thing is high heeled shoes. (Damnit! :@ )

I know Genesis can use older clothes. I've tried DAZ and I've studied it to see if I can make it work for me. In fact there are some things about DAZ I wish Poser had (the clothes fitting tech which fixes pokethrough, the ability to use clones and the morph following stuff). I will have to try the Morphing Clothes tool from Renderosity to see if it helps deal with my clothes fitting problems in Poser and also to see if weightmapped figures are better at dealing with pokethrough then the old Gen 4 figures (that's what I've been led to believe). I mean like the guy who made Anastasia I mentioned above said:

"before any 3rd party can topple the stranglehold customers and merchants have enabled V4 and M4 to have over the market, it will have to be fully compatible out of the box with the gigabytes of legacy clothing that virtually all customers are tethered to. that will require a massive overhaul of the cloth room/dynamics and an abandonment of the obsession with this archaic .cr2 hack that we currently call 'conforming'.

in the meantime the tools are right there for customers who are willing to devote more than '1-click' to fitting clothing to their figures. theres dynamics, Morphing Clothes, Wardrobe Wizard, the morphing tool, freebie clothing fits, fitting magnets, etc at everyones disposal. most people stubbornly refuse to even try them."

Clothing was a huge PITA for me, I didn't find any of those solutions to work well. The issue was possibly V4. Genesis conforming may be better, I never used it in Poser. But V4 with all the fixes meant clothing NEVER fit right out of the box.

Dynamic clothes - didn't use much, most were conforming.
    Wardrobe Wizard - Sucked for me. I bought it before 2014, then it was built in. 99% of the time it mangled meshes - badly. While it was a 1-click solution, it wasn't suitable for closeups.
    Morphing tool - this works, and what I used most of the time. But it was work. And Octane (separate problem) had an issue with nasty red or black lines if the objects got too close. Mostly OK, except for sheer items like stockings. Also bad for a 3-dimensional item as it would get squished (like a bikini string, or armor). Generally alright, but not good for closeups. The other PITA part was what you morphed was for that pose, you change the pose then it's back to the morph brush again. When you're using an external renderer that takes time to refresh the scene it gets pretty tedious.
    Freebie fits - Again, all the fixes I put to V4 were too specific.
    Magnets - another PITA to set up with mixed results. Stopped using them (and you'll notice not too many vendors used them either).

It came down to me buying all these clothes for V4, then rendering her nude 90% or better of the time.

Not to sound like a fanboy, but I was like a kid in a candy store for the first time when I tried Daz's auto fit. First thing I tried were some stockings. HOLY SHIT, they fit perfectly just adding them. Then I tried some V4 stockings on G3F. After a minute with the autofit and smoothing tools, HOLY SHIT they fit!!! After getting familiar with the autofit & Wear Them All, I was able to get an item added and fitted quickly.

Sorry for the rant. It's just a thing that's been a continual annoyance. Lots of money spent buying V4 clothes and never used. :@

• @'thehawkman':

This guy uses Firefly and V4 with a few fixes and he still got more than a million views. http://metalhed13.deviantart.com/gallery/

So what you're implying is because Metalhead has 1M views it means good quality ?
    I don't mean what is doing is shit, i like what he's doing, but you forget to take some parameters: he's here from 6 years now, has a huge "community" who's following him for years and as counter example => http://det0mass0.deviantart.com/
    I find his work A LOT better: materials looks better, Skins looks better, lights are better, technically everything is better on his render & what ? Only 250k views in 5 years ? & there's tons of people like him … View does not means quality.

Other point: Octane, Iray, Vray, etc are softwares which need customs materials settings so if you're to lazy on this part don't go here but i still keep my idea that Superfly still inferior to those render engines simply because when you know these ones you can achieve really realistic render. I could put also tons of renders of Iray/Octane who will show you that Superfly is not in fact so super (currently) ...

• @'Gator762':

I just started 3DXing recently, so I don't really have a horse in this race (other than what I've spent on DAZ stuff, but that's sunk cost fallacy so bleh). All I can really say is why I chose DAZ over Poser.

1. Being subjected to bad Poser art in entirely unrelated fields for way too long. Granted, this was several years ago and I've seen some quite capable Poser stuff since, but for the longest time, it was immediately obvious to me, an uneducated noob, when something was Poser or not. That didn't fill me with confidence towards Poser.

I don't have a horse in this race per se either. But there's plenty of bad DAZ art out there too. It's just less obvious now that the characters are optimized for Iray and the human figures don't crack all over the place or have truck-wheel bottoms when bending. No longer having to fiddle with shaders and lights also helps.
    And it's just that I have gone in-depth with Poser and I realize it's pretty capable. But you have to be willing to spend some time with it.

2. When I first started investigating the field, G3F was new and exciting. As a brand new person to the field, I didn't see any reason NOT to use State of the Art. Granted, I don't have access to the back catalog of G2 stuff, but since I didn't have any G2 stuff anyway, this wasn't really a big drawback.

You won't hear me deny that Genesis 3 is good. It is, it bends very well, yes it probably is the best figure out there. But still, it is not a huge improvement over Genesis 2. Especially now that the 3feetwolf genitalia for Gen3 is being backported to Genesis 2. People get DAZ for Genesis 3. In other words for the pussy. And feminists have the gaul to complain about male privilege… Genesis 3 got the pussy, she make the rules.
    I would use Genesis 3 but not if I have to use DAZ. That interface is a confusing maze. It's like something I'd design and that's not a compliment. 35 fucking panes? And Poser can fit everything on ONE screen? I might even be willing to try and figure it out, but considering that I am not allowed to organize my content the way I want and install it where I want it, and I'm being tracked, and having to put up with DRM. No digital pussy is worth that. Especially when one or two years from now it's all going to be rebooted.

3. I mean, seriously, Daz is free. That's a big "get."

Daz is free to try, more likely. When you factor in the cost of the videocard you need to use Iray if you don't want to wait for hours for a render to finish, it becomes far more expensive than Poser. Add to that the two Genesis 3 Bundles. That's another 270-280 dollars. In fact you just said it yourself above that it's not really free. It's the "cheap printer expensive cartridges" business model. And the DRM is the chip that is supposed to prevent you from refilling them with ink so they can make up the cost of the printer they sold you at a loss.

What really annoys me about DAZ is the lack of documentation. Their wiki is next to useless with every single picture link broken, and even the text is several years out of date. Every week, I discover new functionality that I never knew existed that would have made certain tasks so much easier (for example, symmetry). While people are generally friendly on the forums, I've yet to get a good answer to any of my queries there. And charging for tutorials is the height of money-grubbing. Sure, you hook people with the "free," but they'll just wander away if they can't accomplish what they want to accomplish with your program. If you want to keep them on the "new shinies to buy" teat, you might want to educate them on how to use your fucking program.

That lack of documentation is deliberate. You wouldn't be buying shaders and all that if you knew how to use the damn thing. And yes, that abandoned trainwreck of a wiki has annoyed me too. I've found some very interesting tutorials on it and couldn't use them due to lack of pictures. "Fuck it, I'll just buy this 15 dollar shader and stop wasting my time."

I may not be 100%, but from what I've read the incompatibility stems from going with more advanced forms of rigging that Poser still doesn't support (do they in 11? Dunno). They went with TriAx and now Dual Quaternion for support across more 3D programs.

It's not so much deciding to make it incompatible with Poser, but with Poser being behind the curve compared to other 3D programs.
    (Damnit!

I'm not an expert on modeling and rigging. They've added the ability to create HD morphs, you can create morphs in ZBrush and swap them back and forth with Poser 11 Pro. Pauline also supports expression handles just like Gen 3. Truth be told I'm not impresse, I still prefer dial-based expressions. A dial is more accurate than dragging a mouse.

I can't agree with you on what you said on compatibility between DAZ and Poser. They went with their own duf format with Genesis 1 because they said the "Poser plain text format" (Cr2 pp2 and alll the others) "wasn't compatible with legal distribution" (three guesses what euphemism means - it was easy to share and to view and modify). Then with Genesis 2 they switched to Triax which was proprietary and not an industry standard. It only worked in DAZ. I mean they even switched the props format to use DUF so you wanted to use a room or a gun bought from DAZ in Poser you had to use the DSON. I could understand keeping the figure in that format (they could have claimed that it was needed to deal with the Triax format) but props? And then with Genesis 3 they dropped DSON completely claiming they couldn't get it to work with Poser. Which, well, if a bunch of freelancers can, surely DAZ could have too. They had been developing items for Poser for years before they went down their own path. And Poser hasn't changed its file formats in years, unlike DAZ. So how is this Smith Micro's fault again? The only thing I will concede is that SM made a big mistake with the new figures. They were released before they were ready and they have been badly rigged. Pauline has been fixed by Darkseal and there is also a pack of fixes/morphs at RDNA but I doubt anyone will bother with Paul. When they put out their promo renders with Anastasia I thought they were going to use her with Tyler.
    https://www.renderosity.com/updates-to-anastasia-released-by-blackhearted–cms-16368
    https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/gnd-anastasia/90528

That would have been a great response to the Genesis couple. Anyway much better than that hydrocephalus look on the default Pauline head. I won't even mention the way her legs bend. When I saw it first at Renderotica I thought someone had purposefully made her look bad using the morph brush. SM's "it's a blank canvas" idea was correct, but when the figure is unfinished (it was clearly rushed, they even postponed releasing the male) no one will use it or develop for it. And the default figure needs to be at least attractive (as proven by the large number of lazy people who just make renders of the default V7 face). I remember someone said how many compliments they got for a render of a spruced up V4 with the default face.

And Genesis can use older clothing in Daz too, like Poser. I've used or tried lots of V4 clothing on Genesis 3. Only thing is high heeled shoes. (Damnit! :@ )

I know Genesis can use older clothes. I've tried DAZ and I've studied it to see if I can make it work for me. In fact there are some things about DAZ I wish Poser had (the clothes fitting tech which fixes pokethrough, the ability to use clones and the morph following stuff). I will have to try the Morphing Clothes tool from Renderosity to see if it helps deal with my clothes fitting problems in Poser and also to see if weightmapped figures are better at dealing with pokethrough then the old Gen 4 figures (that's what I've been led to believe). I mean like the guy who made Anastasia I mentioned above said:

"before any 3rd party can topple the stranglehold customers and merchants have enabled V4 and M4 to have over the market, it will have to be fully compatible out of the box with the gigabytes of legacy clothing that virtually all customers are tethered to. that will require a massive overhaul of the cloth room/dynamics and an abandonment of the obsession with this archaic .cr2 hack that we currently call 'conforming'.

in the meantime the tools are right there for customers who are willing to devote more than '1-click' to fitting clothing to their figures. theres dynamics, Morphing Clothes, Wardrobe Wizard, the morphing tool, freebie clothing fits, fitting magnets, etc at everyones disposal. most people stubbornly refuse to even try them."

• I just started 3DXing recently, so I don't really have a horse in this race (other than what I've spent on DAZ stuff, but that's sunk cost fallacy so bleh). All I can really say is why I chose DAZ over Poser.

1. Being subjected to bad Poser art in entirely unrelated fields for way too long. Granted, this was several years ago and I've seen some quite capable Poser stuff since, but for the longest time, it was immediately obvious to me, an uneducated noob, when something was Poser or not. That didn't fill me with confidence towards Poser.

3. I mean, seriously, Daz is free. That's a big "get."

What really annoys me about DAZ is the lack of documentation. Their wiki is next to useless with every single picture link broken, and even the text is several years out of date. Every week, I discover new functionality that I never knew existed that would have made certain tasks so much easier (for example, symmetry). While people are generally friendly on the forums, I've yet to get a good answer to any of my queries there. And charging for tutorials is the height of money-grubbing. Sure, you hook people with the "free," but they'll just wander away if they can't accomplish what they want to accomplish with your program. If you want to keep them on the "new shinies to buy" teat, you might want to educate them on how to use your fucking program.

• @'thehawkman':

@'eclesi4stik':

@Thehawkman: If i've used Daz that was ONLY because:
    1/ I wanted to use Genesis2 & Now G3
    2/ The DSON importer was sooooooooooooooooooo worst
    3/ Even you could load G2 i've encounter tooooooooooooons of morph issue, especially with the genital area, i tweak A LOT the body morph of my girls, i've stopped used G2 on Poser after that.
    4/ G3 has closed the compatibility (even you're able to load it now in Poser it will stay weird, on this side SM hasn't done their job)
    5/ Finally, SM has done nothing to make a better compatibility with Genesis 2 (if i'm not wrong ^^)

Now i was talking Superfly VS Iray, & i'm sorry to say that Iray is so far better. Why i've talked about Otoy (Octane developer) ? Simply Superfly is like a "counter" to Iray they could simply talk with Otoy to see how they could add natively Octane (means higher cost of Poser).

Dawn … I laugh each time i see a new "counter" to the current version of Vicky & now Genesis, seriously why reinvent the wheel ? The lone model i've been looking for was the project E from Erogenesis but now i think it will come to late, 3feetwolf has done a f****** job on Genesis genital, clearly the best!
    Currently i see no reason to buy Dawn or others models as they will never have enough stuff.

Finally i've never said that i dislike Daz, i admit before i was forced to use it i found Daz unfriendly user, too much chaotic compared to Poser (& there's still has some functions which are better in Poser => body lock poses for example) but now i'm friendly with Daz.

Well see. First of all Poser can wear clthes made for other figures so this argument that Dawn has nothing to wear is bogus. That explains why I see the same boots for three generations of DAZ figures. People would rather buy the same thing three times than spend a little time learning. Most of the things that can be done in DAZ can be done in Poser (except for using those latest disposable human figures). And yes, DAZ decided to make it incompatible with Poser. They went their own way and Smith Micro was supposed to what? Rewrite Poser every time DAZ changed the technology of their disposable figures? That's what, every two years? That's expensive as hell and doesn't make sense as a business. You involuntarily made my point. The only thing special about Genesis 3 doesn't come from DAZ it comes from Renderotica (the 3feetwolf genitalia, that was the thing that I was interested in as well, because if I wanted the Olympia face morph I could have learned how to transfer it to a Poser character). What can I say, some people don't enjoy buying the same thing over and over. Not to mention that Cycles is a very capable engine. And Superfly can use many of the node setups that Cycles can, and which you can get for free, unlike all those Iray shaders (metal, glass, and so on). Can Iray use anything from 3Delight? I didn't think so. All that money spent on 3Delight shaders? Down the drain. And I don't know what you've seen about Superfly, but I've seen better renders from it than I've seen from Octane users with that rubbery skin that is so prevalent.

I may not be 100%, but from what I've read the incompatibility stems from going with more advanced forms of rigging that Poser still doesn't support (do they in 11? Dunno). They went with TriAx and now Dual Quaternion for support across more 3D programs.

It's not so much deciding to make it incompatible with Poser, but with Poser being behind the curve compared to other 3D programs.

Buying Iray shaders kinda sucks, but keeping Poser would have cost me more money buying the skin shaders for Octane. I dunno about rubbery, the RedSpec shaders are very good. Although seems like another mandatory expense. Also, you don't have to buy shaders if you know what you are doing. Skin is too complex but many other materials are not.

• @'eclesi4stik':

@Thehawkman: If i've used Daz that was ONLY because:
    3/ Even you could load G2 i've encounter tooooooooooooons of morph issue, especially with the genital area, i tweak A LOT the body morph of my girls, i've stopped used G2 on Poser after that.
    4/ G3 has closed the compatibility (even you're able to load it now in Poser it will stay weird, on this side SM hasn't done their job)
    5/ Finally, SM has done nothing to make a better compatibility with Genesis 2 (if i'm not wrong ^^)

Now i was talking Superfly VS Iray, & i'm sorry to say that Iray is so far better. Why i've talked about Otoy (Octane developer) ? Simply Superfly is like a "counter" to Iray they could simply talk with Otoy to see how they could add natively Octane (means higher cost of Poser).

Dawn … I laugh each time i see a new "counter" to the current version of Vicky & now Genesis, seriously why reinvent the wheel ? The lone model i've been looking for was the project E from Erogenesis but now i think it will come to late, 3feetwolf has done a f****** job on Genesis genital, clearly the best!
    Currently i see no reason to buy Dawn or others models as they will never have enough stuff.

Finally i've never said that i dislike Daz, i admit before i was forced to use it i found Daz unfriendly user, too much chaotic compared to Poser (& there's still has some functions which are better in Poser => body lock poses for example) but now i'm friendly with Daz.

Well see. First of all Poser can wear clthes made for other figures so this argument that Dawn has nothing to wear is bogus. That explains why I see the same boots for three generations of DAZ figures. People would rather buy the same thing three times than spend a little time learning. Most of the things that can be done in DAZ can be done in Poser (except for using those latest disposable human figures). And yes, DAZ decided to make it incompatible with Poser. They went their own way and Smith Micro was supposed to what? Rewrite Poser every time DAZ changed the technology of their disposable figures? That's what, every two years? That's expensive as hell and doesn't make sense as a business. You involuntarily made my point. The only thing special about Genesis 3 doesn't come from DAZ it comes from Renderotica (the 3feetwolf genitalia, that was the thing that I was interested in as well, because if I wanted the Olympia face morph I could have learned how to transfer it to a Poser character). What can I say, some people don't enjoy buying the same thing over and over. Not to mention that Cycles is a very capable engine. And Superfly can use many of the node setups that Cycles can, and which you can get for free, unlike all those Iray shaders (metal, glass, and so on). Can Iray use anything from 3Delight? I didn't think so. All that money spent on 3Delight shaders? Down the drain. And I don't know what you've seen about Superfly, but I've seen better renders from it than I've seen from Octane users with that rubbery skin that is so prevalent.

• @Thehawkman: If i've used Daz that was ONLY because:

• @'~ArgonCyanide777':

@'thehawkman':

@'Gator762':

Wow. Although I have to say, I've been generally more satisfied with the quality of content from my Daz purchases.

There's a thread I read over on the Daz forums from someone trying to become a PA, and a PA chimed in. He said some of his stuff is fairly often rejected. From the number of purchases I've been disappointed with, if it forces artists to up quality that's a good thing.

I doubt it will change what they sell. They'll offer what sells. I've read threads at Rendo complaining there isn't much male accessories, and some PAs there chime in that they don't sell (or at least are outsold by a wide margin for female accessories).

Hm. In fairness, one guy commented on my dA profile and he is right when he said (paraphrase) "In fairness both release broken products that are N+1 while refusing to fix issues."

He went on to say how most hobbyists want simple "create art" buttons and aren't willing to do a lot of work for it.

While I agree to a point, this laziness and inexperience has become a tangible market strategy for Zygote, a ripe market for modest pre-made packages that are just affordable enough for joe average.

Poser content losing market share isn't Daz's evil doings. Poser content is losing market share because Daz is doing it better for the same price point, and the market is responding to it.

And user apathy.

I agree that I'm sure there are lots of people that want a simple "create art" button, I'm talking about general product quality. A few, not too many, have come with low-res textures not suitable for close ups. Lots of bad bump maps, many improperly made (simply a desaturated color/diffuse map), or way too strong - to look good far away, but totally shitty up close. Normal maps have been around for how long, are generally better than simple bump maps and are still not common, and I never saw them in Poser (I fired up 2014, I don't even see a node for normal maps in the material room). Shaders I can't comment on much, I've used Octane and now Iray, most my stuff not made for either. But I have run across some bad shaders too. If I'm spending a good chunk of my money on an outfit, or a scene, it should be good out of the box. I shouldn't have to endlessly tweak everything, not to put my flavor on it, but just to get it to render decently. Who's lazy, me the guy trying to render images, or the PA cranking out slop, getting something just good enough to sell to move on to the next piece of slop to sell?

Sure they all have their lemons, but I've bought quite a bit over at Daz lately, and I'd say their stuff overall has been better.

I think I may know what you mean about the user apathy - some may be my own fault. Products I should have complained about and/or returned rather than stuck with. If more buyers complain and return crap, that would force the PAs to put out a better product.

• @'eclesi4stik':

In fact this is just one of the process that Daz has started.
    It begins with Genesis/Genesis2 & the new file format, at this stage i hoped SM counter this shit & gave us (Poser user) the possibility to load G/G2 & now G3 content without being forced to use Daz …
    & comes the new Poser ... WTF is this shit ?! They seriously hoped to counter Iray with Superfly :O, why not working with Otoy (!!!).
    Anyway, Daz has won & they will soon forced us to use their fcking DRM & new runtime ...

What part of DAZ didn't want G3 in Poser don't people get? If Genesis 3 worked in Poser, why would people put up with DAZ? This is the most common thing I ever heard: "I would use DAZ but I hate the interface" (that includes me). And second of all what is wrong with Superfly? They could have used the mother of all renderers and people would still complain. A lot of the old Firefly nodes work in Superfly, which is more than can be said about 3Delight shaders (Uberenvironment and all, down to the trash), or Octane, where you have to rebuild everything (and I won't even talk about those rubbery humans that a lot of Octane users produce). Some combinations don't work but that is to be expected. There is a free script at RuntimeDNA that sets all the materials to be compatible with Superfly. There are dozens of Cycles setups available for free that you need to pay to get in Iray (metal, glass, you name it). You just need to copy the setups into the material room.

why not working with Otoy (!!!).

I don't even know what this means. They couldn't incorporate Octane and I don't think it was for sale anyway. And you can still use it in Poser.

And as for incorporating Genesis 3 into Poser. I just registered at Hivewire and (one of?) the owners of the site says the following:

I'll speculate. With my personal history with DAZ, and challenges that I've had with them personally to even release Dawn, there is no way in hell DAZ will provide support, or allow Dawn to grace their store. No way! And that includes all HiveWire owned and created content. Hows that for bold speculation? "

As far as I know he was one of the founders of DAZ back in the day and after he got fired he founded Hivewire. I would tend to think he knows what he's talking about.

• @'thehawkman':

Renderosity is much bigger. They paid 2.5 million dollars for Blacksmith 3d (and they call this a cottage industry? America is really something). Since they obviously didn't turn up their couches to look for pennies, I would think that they have a lot more money than that, so it would be a significant effort for DAZ to try and acquire them. I think RDNA is smaller, that's why they went for it. Plus sticking it to Smith Micro in the process.

Ok. I wasn't aware just how big they were, nor that they owned a brand of software.

Kind of like those muslim refugees raping European women. "It's our land now bitches and you cucks can't do squat."

If un-vetted "refugees" turn to this kind of behavior, they're an occupying force of enemy combatants far as I'm concerned. Nothing wrong with an appropriate vetting process or requiring paying appropriate dues to become citizens. –Nor is there anything wrong with being "proactive" after the fact because SJWs have gotten their way too many times for common sense.

I wonder how long it will take Smith Micro to set up a new official forum. Fucking Christ, buy a Vbulletin license, install it and get those RDNA assholes to give you a database dump and import it. Voila.

There might be better forum formats out there (or such is the impression I'm given by large forums more than 10 years old by now), but yes vBulletin is a sort of formal standard as that goes. Or they can look for an archive of the site–search engines have many companies they rely upon for their own archiving to supplement their service, you know.

However, you sent quite a different message in the other thread. Am I to interpret this as not being of a single mind about the whole state of affairs?

@'Gator762':

Wow. Although I have to say, I've been generally more satisfied with the quality of content from my Daz purchases.

There's a thread I read over on the Daz forums from someone trying to become a PA, and a PA chimed in. He said some of his stuff is fairly often rejected. From the number of purchases I've been disappointed with, if it forces artists to up quality that's a good thing.

I doubt it will change what they sell. They'll offer what sells. I've read threads at Rendo complaining there isn't much male accessories, and some PAs there chime in that they don't sell (or at least are outsold by a wide margin for female accessories).

Hm. In fairness, one guy commented on my dA profile and he is right when he said (paraphrase) "In fairness both release broken products that are N+1 while refusing to fix issues."

He went on to say how most hobbyists want simple "create art" buttons and aren't willing to do a lot of work for it.

While I agree to a point, this laziness and inexperience has become a tangible market strategy for Zygote, a ripe market for modest pre-made packages that are just affordable enough for joe average.

Poser content losing market share isn't Daz's evil doings. Poser content is losing market share because Daz is doing it better for the same price point, and the market is responding to it.

And user apathy.

@hawk:

Can't argue with you on that one. At least not completely. They dropped the ball on Pauline. I pity the poor soul who is in charge of Poser. That app is clearly the fifth wheel at Smith Micro, so the team has to work with whatever scraps they have available.

Could 'Rosity perhaps buy Poser?

Looks like your connection to NodeBB was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.