A Brief Information About CorrLinks:

• Corrlinks Login:- The corrlinks website is built to help prison prisoners quickly and without complications communicate with their families. The system is ideally equipped to help individuals communicate with their inmates and ensure the constant flow of information. The Federal Prison Bureau has built this method to reduce the difficulty they need to go through while arranging a visit. This scheme also decreases their working time, which can be further used to improve the prison security system.
    The system is built in a specific way that is easy to use but only available when an inmate is on the invite connection type. This implies that without any need, one cannot simply build accounts on corrlinks. This also reduces the traffic details on the website; this decreased traffic ensures that prisoners and their outside family members have a smoother and more effective link.
    corrlinks.com login

• havent tried flames and smoke till now, will do that all during the next weeks, atm bumping out 2 sets this month as i was lazy in december :)

transition has never been a problem with newer versions, at least in daz plugin. cant talk for the poser plugin but as they have same developer now…

@argon: depends on what you wanna do. octane is always an expensive toy to play with if you wanna go for more than just 1 gpu and fun rendering from time to time :)

• How is the transition, if I have a working scene in Poser plugin, will it generally work in Octane 3?

• Did you get a chance to try out the flames/smoke? Is there a massive performance hit for them?

• license v2… and octane alpha3

• @'hibbli':

just fyi… did a lot of testing the last 2 weeks... speed gain is not just a little bit... its really huge, around 20-30% for me. i am working with dazstudio + plugin. so the same as if i would buy 2 more 980ti cards for example... do the maths :)

Do you use the license v. 2 for v.3? Is it work?

• @'hibbli':

just fyi… did a lot of testing the last 2 weeks... speed gain is not just a little bit... its really huge, around 20-30% for me. i am working with dazstudio + plugin. so the same as if i would buy 2 more 980ti cards for example... do the maths :)

Hmm, and this is just alpha too. I'm also being told even with the speed increase it actually uses less of your system. It no longer completely locks it down, which is nice.

Will you be doing comparisons once it comes out of alpha like you did with graphic cards? That was quite helpful and informative.

• @'hibbli':

Really?!

btw Have you been reading my recent posts? :)

This is splendid news. So not only would Blender Cycles work out well, my original plan for Poser + Octane seems a bit brighter now too. Nothing quite so good as having it all work out for ya.

• just fyi… did a lot of testing the last 2 weeks... speed gain is not just a little bit... its really huge, around 20-30% for me. i am working with dazstudio + plugin. so the same as if i would buy 2 more 980ti cards for example... do the maths :)

• What might be advisable for first timers?

• Fair point. I'll have to get another licence anyway, hopefully. So I might as well get v3, when it comes out. Will see if it's worth to upgrade the other one at that point.

Although, if Daz goes the Physx route…

I feel like I'm in a stalemate.

• fire and flames are very useful/important. also a little speed increase again, never a mistake ;)

• Octane 3

Big thing for me is Volumetric rendering. You can now render actual fire…well, not actual, it won't keep you warm or burn your enemies into cinders but close enough.

The rest, I either don't need or don't understand yet.

Not sure if it's worth an upgrade, really.

Looks like your connection to NodeBB was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.