Difference Between MBA Vs PGDM

• The foremost Difference Between MBA Vs PGDM both these courses is that – PGDM is a diploma course, while the MBA is a degree course. Incidentally, many people have an idea that the market value of a diploma program (PGDM) does not match the level of a degree (MBA) As of now, even the IIMs offer a Diploma course and not degree. Students are exposed to the real-time business world through rigorous classroom studies, meetings with top business leaders and management internships. This helps the students to get comfortable with the business environment and makes them job-ready.MBA degrees are awarded by Universities. Hence a uniformity in education&learning among all the university-affiliated colleges. Students do not have to exercise so much caution while opting for an MBA as they carry all the university related credentials. visit IMT Hyderabad for more details.

• @'miro':

I've never played such games (other than counter strike once or twice) so I'm probably wrong, but that type of game just seems a little slow and restrictive after playing something like Quake or UT :D

You're right, but it is also a more tactical and it is necessary to think, make decisions quickly and act quickly, there is always a chance to win, but it should be used, which depends directly on the skill and experience of the players, it is very rare in games, for which I have it and love it.

• @'Alpensepp':

PS: consideringt hard games, can anyone find something that looks harder than this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70iFdnI-xfA
    (touch any "projectile" and you are dead… no health bar)

err what about retro title Smash TV? that was insanely deadly

http://reviews.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/1093/Smash-TV/p1/

• http://vimeo.com/11673473

Show me just ONE video where you can see movement of this type in any of those realistic shooters. The movement component is completely missing from those games. The pace aswell. It is a whole different level when you have a neckbreak pace that you have in quake and the older fortress games and you need to hit someone that can run and jump circles around you. And also being able to hit your shots while speeding around the map yourself after rocketjumps and strafejumping etc…

There is of course still some skill required, but this has been reduced to being able to react quickly, aim properly and know the hotspots where ppl usually show their heads. Just look at how some of the competetive gamers in those new games play. Its knowing where to roughly have your aim rest, where those spots are and when to move, when to wait. It doesnt matter much if youre a god at movement when you cannot dodge bullets :)

Vid is from 2003 I think, so the quality is of course not as great anymore. The game had concussion grenades that can push ppl around and the lighter classes would use these to propell themselves over huge distances and gain speed for bunnyhopping around on offense, thats those white things you can sometimes see.

• @'miro':

when I play Quake Live I have to be on top of my game to win, it's like playing a sport
    when I play something like Aion to me that's like playing a movie, there's no "skill", just gathering stuff and following a story line

I do agree with this. I was strictly speaking about games that are meant to be played competitive. Most single player games and the PVE component of MMOs do not fall in this category as far as I am concerned. You're not "playing to win", while playing these games.
    But modern shooters are supposed to be competitive. They might have less emphasize on movement and probably aiming, but I guess there is other stuff to compensate. You'll only know, if you play them… a lot. But I'm 100% sure that you do not just pick them up and immediately rock the leaderboards, even with past experience from "skill" shooters, but there are players that perform a lot better than others.

I'm just sensitive to the "only my game requires skill"-statement, since you hear/read it WAAAAY to often, when players - especially poor ones - argue about Fighting Games ... it's annoying at times :s

• administrators

@'Alpensepp':

PS: consideringt hard games, can anyone find something that looks harder than this:

lol, wtf!! … btw, you just have to post the link, you don't need to use the plugin to show yt videos

@'Alpensepp':

Well… yeah that's the point. Different games just require different skills and just because one skill is not necessary (or only to a far lesser extend), does not mean a game requires less "skill".

yeah I know what you mean, and there's prob some skill attached to any game of high caliber, but let me put it this way:

when I play Quake Live I have to be on top of my game to win, it's like playing a sport
    when I play something like Aion to me that's like playing a movie, there's no "skill", just gathering stuff and following a story line

both are a lot of fun for me, but there's a difference in how they play
    but I agree my claim that one requires more "skill" than the other is the wrong way to put it and some may get a lot of "exercise" out of playing Aion and develop other sorts of "skills" with it :)

@'HitmanX3Z':

But i also like fo much Battlefield Bad Company 2 it's like a certain mix of oldschool gameplay with BF2\2142, so there skill decides everything, rather than in Casualfield 3.

I've never played such games (other than counter strike once or twice) so I'm probably wrong, but that type of game just seems a little slow and restrictive after playing something like Quake or UT :D

• UT99 is a legend!

But i also like fo much Battlefield Bad Company 2 it's like a certain mix of oldschool gameplay with BF2\2142, so there skill decides everything, rather than in Casualfield 3.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZNpYB8BKs4

• @'miro':

MMORPG and RTS are lots of fun but don't require twitch skills more grinding and strategy skills… so maybe different kind of skills

Well… yeah that's the point. Different games just require different skills and just because one skill is not necessary (or only to a far lesser extend), does not mean a game requires less "skill". Most people at least kind of agree that this holds true for games from different genres, since the required skills are vastly different. ( Dexterity certainly is worthless in chess, yet barely anyone would claim the game does not require any skill...)
    But it's no different for games of the same genre, they might just have a different focus. Playing any game on a high level means you are aware of what's important and you are usually fond of the required skills (otherwise you'd probably not play the game). If you switch to another game, it's fairly easy to find out, if the same skills are important, or not. If they are not, the game is often labeled as ... well, a game for noobs... although it might just require/value other skills (more). However the only way to find out, is play the game on a high level, too.
    Barely anyone does that, thus their claims are usually wrong...
    A game is not only competitive, if a certain skill is important and the "competitive value" does certainly NOT depend on the presence of a certain feature (like claiming Fighting Games without cross-ups are for scrubs... that's just ridiculous...)

Of course games that heavily rely on unlocking stuff (levels/skills/perks/items) are often bad for PVP. I think a certain amount of time investment as preparation is fine though, should obviously not be too much. If I recall correctly reaching the max. Level in Guild Wars can be done within a few hours (never played it...), that's OK. in WoW it's a matter of months (not even talking about getting good equipment) and the game always struggled as a PVP title (never played that one either...)
    But even if preconditions are bad, it might have a competitive core, if you extract the right rule set. The prime example for this is Super Smash Bros. Melee. Although vastly different, with the proper rules and stages, Melee is a solid fighting game.(shhh... don't tell anyone I said that... I always complain that my friends do not play "real" fighting games :P )

Sidenote: DOA is a poor example of a Fighting Game, that requires input skill... since it does not.

Just in case:

!
    A Cross-up is a technique to force a 50/50 guess on your opponent and is commonly found in 2D Fighting Games. Blocking is usually done by holding in the opposite direction the opponent attacks from. If s|he attacks form the right, you press "left".
    Cross-ups are common in situations, where the opponent is forced to block your next attack e.g after being knocked down. You jump towards your opponent and time the next attack, so that the active hitbox connects either with the front, or the back of the opponent. S|he either has to press "left", or "right" to block successfully. Due to the execution speed of most attacks in 2D Fighters this cannot be done on reaction, your opponent has to guess. However any fighting games offers methods to force 50/50s on your opponent…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70iFdnI-xfA
    (touch any "projectile" and you are dead… no health bar)

• @'miro':

@'Alpensepp':

Hehe… I like these "my favourite game requires much more skill than yours" statements, because they are hardly ever true, or at least the reasoning is usually rather amusing.
    ... just sayin'. I'm not interested in shooters at all, so it's not like I'm butthurt, because "my favourite game" was mocked or something.

ok this is just in my opinion: I've played FPS, MMORPG, RTS mostly … each one is lots of fun to play, but none requires real twitch skill like proper FPS games... it's like tennis in sports basically, you have to actually have gained real world skill through practice and regardless of how good your racket is it's not going to help you against a pro

If you want a true "twitch test" play street fighter 2 (old but still the best beat em up ever) also the DOA series was a real reflex tester due to the rapid counter attacks that could instantly turn the tide of any bout

@'miro':

I hated it when they introduced vehicles, because that takes away from the skill required to play these games… it becomes more of a BlackOps tactical kind of game... which is very different.

I cant speak re the vehicles in quake, but use of vehicles in Halo 1 was a joy and added a whole new dimension to the FPS format IMO

• administrators

@'Alpensepp':

Hehe… I like these "my favourite game requires much more skill than yours" statements, because they are hardly ever true, or at least the reasoning is usually rather amusing.
    ... just sayin'. I'm not interested in shooters at all, so it's not like I'm butthurt, because "my favourite game" was mocked or something.

ok this is just in my opinion: I've played FPS, MMORPG, RTS mostly … each one is lots of fun to play, but none requires real twitch skill like proper FPS games... it's like tennis in sports basically, you have to actually have gained real world skill through practice and regardless of how good your racket is it's not going to help you against a pro

MMORPG and RTS are lots of fun but don't require twitch skills more grinding and strategy skills... so maybe different kind of skills
    @'hzr':

I must say though, Quake Live is a quake3 port to some browser based engine. But ut and quake are quite similar in gameplay, just that quake uses bunnyhopping where ut has those dodge moves with the double taps. I played them both and they are still great games, although I dont really like the new ut versions. Too many ultra large maps with all those silly vehicles etc.

I hated it when they introduced vehicles, because that takes away from the skill required to play these games… it becomes more of a BlackOps tactical kind of game... which is very different.

@'hzr':

If I could make my own game it would probably be some sort of CTF game with basic maps, the arsenal of weapons from q3/ut and game mode like in qwtf + tfc. 8on8 gameplay with different classes like fast movers on offense, tankier classes on defense etc.

I like CTF but I like Clan Arena best, team vs team last man standing and you start with full weapons and health :) … Duel is also nice, but like CTF but requires a bit too much strategical thinking for someone that just wants to go on in destroy stuff :P

@'matthacker':

I prefer Quake to UT since it's simpler and have a more frantic pace to it. Well, maybe UT with instagib. Back in the day it was so fun fragging your friends just as they were just spawning.

I agree, I'm not one to play a game because of nostalgia, I'd quite happily move on to something fancier, but there is no game I've found that requires the kind of skill that Quake Live currently has and UT used to have :)

That is if I had time to play :D

• launcher my ass, :D

if you're really hurting for some asskicking, try beating xaero on Nightmare level. Railgun is the only way to go in QuakeIII and Live. But the hardest shot isn't nailing a guy with a railgun - it's sending him to the void without actually killing him.:P

I prefer Quake to UT since it's simpler and have a more frantic pace to it. Well, maybe UT with instagib. Back in the day it was so fun fragging your friends just as they were just spawning.

Those were the days.:rolleyes:

• @'miro':

lol, these games are all about skill, no weapon will save you against a good player! It's not like diablo or an mmorpg or whatever where if I'm level 50 and you're 20 you have no chance regardless of how long you've played. In this game a seasoned player will kill a noob with full health and rocket launcher with just a hand gun.

hehe yeah, noobs who dont know how to operate the launcher will get pummeled on jumppads/corners or embarrassed by the basic mg from a distance ;)

I must say though, Quake Live is a quake3 port to some browser based engine. But ut and quake are quite similar in gameplay, just that quake uses bunnyhopping where ut has those dodge moves with the double taps. I played them both and they are still great games, although I dont really like the new ut versions. Too many ultra large maps with all those silly vehicles etc.

If I could make my own game it would probably be some sort of CTF game with basic maps, the arsenal of weapons from q3/ut and game mode like in qwtf + tfc. 8on8 gameplay with different classes like fast movers on offense, tankier classes on defense etc.

• Quake II was the game that introduced me to the shooters. Since then I've played Battlefield 1942, BF Vietnam and CoD2. The modern day shooters, that are popular now, are not my cup of tea.

And I don't think CoD ruined it. The current situation is mostly casual gamers' fault.

@Alpensepp, In this case I'd say it's true. The old games had much less game assists then nowadays' CoDs and BFs. Today the games are made to make you think you're awesome and you can kick asses day and night.

• Hehe… I like these "my favourite game requires much more skill than yours" statements, because they are hardly ever true, or at least the reasoning is usually rather amusing.

• administrators

I started out playing a game here and there but nothing serious until I came across this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osJbZEvrSXI

I literally played this for 2-3 years non-stop… yeah no sleep, no studying, no food... nothing... but this game :P

I can not stand COD, Battfield, whatever... the skill levels are nothing compared to UT's ilk, couldn't agree more with mouz.

Even though I eventually moved away from UT since UT3... my favorite game to date is still a derivative called Quake Live. Try it it's free :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u65C-b_Jt5M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9J26od1tE1s

There's no amount leveling, grinding, luck or purchased armor that will compensate for the skill required to play this game :)

@'fredfred5150':

I was never a fan of the deathmatch-type play setup, for me they always seemed like it was a case of whoever got the "instant death weapon" (like a rocket launcher) first would always be the winner

lol, these games are all about skill, no weapon will save you against a good player! It's not like diablo or an mmorpg or whatever where if I'm level 50 and you're 20 you have no chance regardless of how long you've played. In this game a seasoned player will kill a noob with full health and rocket launcher with just a hand gun.

• @'hzr':

Yeah HL is epic, I used to play hldm for a while and then team fortress classic for 4-5 years in a euro top clan! brag brag ;D

Sadly those games are few if not even extinct these days :/ I really used to play shooters but things went away from the funny arcade style where you would actively play those games to more of "hey look what my AI mates are doing while I sit behind them and shoot a few heads from behind my barrel over here".

I was never a fan of the deathmatch-type play setup, for me they always seemed like it was a case of whoever got the "instant death weapon" (like a rocket launcher) first would always be the winner

@'jbtrimar':

ever since then I have watched games get better and better.

As a former "arcade denizen" I know what you mean, I've been playing videogames since the mid/late 80's and watching the games (and the technology) advance between then and now has been quite amazing, from Ninja Gaiden on the NES to Ninja Gaiden on the Xbox is serious evolutionary leap

On a personal note, I really miss Lightgun games, like operation wolf, house of the dead, virtua cop etc, I cant believe theres no lightgun peripheral availible for the current generation of consoles

• For me, it was in the basement of Sears & Roebucks around 1977. There was this one stand up that had a ship that looked like the Enterprise and one that looked like a triangle. It was called Space wars and ever since then I have watched games get better and better.

• Ohh yeah UT how could I forget. I loved this one and I think they were the first to have a spectator mode which was great for league play and recording demos for ppl to watch later on, before livestreams etc found their way to the web :)

• Hohoho, if you are bored of the Bugfield or Call of Duty crap, there is one classic game to play - UT99:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLgSo90JhAQ

Last boss fight, oh memories:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iv0I5jYHwkU

• Yeah HL is epic, I used to play hldm for a while and then team fortress classic for 4-5 years in a euro top clan! brag brag ;D

Sadly those games are few if not even extinct these days :/ I really used to play shooters but things went away from the funny arcade style where you would actively play those games to more of "hey look what my AI mates are doing while I sit behind them and shoot a few heads from behind my barrel over here".

According to the above vid I can just say : HAIL TO THE KING BABY!

Oh… some remake of Blood3D would rock btw. It has everything that ppl usually seem to like. Theres monsters, dirty humor, freaky weapons to kill those baddies and if you add some more zombies to the opponents you got a true winner of overhyped nerd crazyness :)

It would be grand.

Haha, btw I just read the perfect quote in a comment below some Quake 2 video while typing this reply...

source http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvRYVSQS2_s

"Wolfenstein created it
    Doom gave it style
    Quake popularized it
    Half-life modernized it
    Call of duty ruined it"

Amen to that.

Looks like your connection to NodeBB was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.