The NEW WIP Post Girlfriends 4 Ever DLC thread [TROLL FREE Edition]

• Well yeah. The "Troll free addition " at the time felt like to spite people with negative feedback on the dlc
    A change would be nice

• MarieFasolt
    Super Moderator

I keep looking at your forum title and thinking it's inaccurate. Shouldn't it be …?

MarieFasolt
    Voice Of Authority

• @'MarieFasolt':

And Miro really does value the feedback. I haven't asked him, but I think his fabric choice on the final render of the WIP couch was probably a direct response to your feedback. Keep in mind, the couch and setting are stand ins. We're not ready to reveal actual props, furniture, and locations just yet.

For what it's worth, I thought that the change in materials for the couch (and setting generally) were excellent choices. My objections were oriented around how poorly visible they were because the lighting setup doesn't help AT ALL for being able to SEE them properly. :huh:

Now, if that was the plan all along, well … it's working ... :s

@'MarieFasolt':

Yeah, I often think about posting more at GSB but I ultimately never do because I'm in the habit of doing all my personal blogging on Tumblr under another alias these days. Back in 2013 I had a nasty run in with a stalker, so I took a step back from GSB.

As soon as I read that I had to stop, because the mere fact that happened gave me a queasy feeling in the pit of my stomach. So yeah, lack of posting is ENTIRELY justified then. 'Nuff said.

@'MarieFasolt':

The only reason I didn't shut down GSB entirely was because I was still working with Miro and A3D, and it would have been foolish to try and associate my voice with another name. At this point it's all washed over and I can safely go back to blogging on GSB, but the tumblr interface has really grown on me. I've thought about porting all of GSB to tumblr, but that's a lot of effort I haven't wanted to put in yet. Especially given Tumblr is always a CEO's whim away from having it's adult content purged.

In which case, no need to switch channels purely on my account. The only reason I know about GSB at all is because it got mentioned over here a couple of times and I enjoyed the frivolity of your commentary over there, which was something of a fun read (more for the geek than the sex, really, although both play their parts).

Stick with what makes you happy and you're comfy with.

• @'IBT':

Marie, I don't want you or miro to feel like I'm saying you haven't been working hard or enough (or whatever). That's not the direction that my critical response to the latest animation is pointing towards. Instead, my "complaints" are more in the direction of "if you'd done THIS rather than THAT" where I feel that different choices would have produced a superior end product. The closest I feel comfortable getting towards accusing miro of not spending enough time on his art is pointing out the inevitable zero sum game of administering the website and Affect3D store reducing the time he has to work on his art.

And Miro really does value the feedback. I haven't asked him, but I think his fabric choice on the final render of the WIP couch was probably a direct response to your feedback. Keep in mind, the couch and setting are stand ins. We're not ready to reveal actual props, furniture, and locations just yet.

@'IBT':

I will however tweak your nose Marie about the fact that there hasn't been an update to your Geeky Sex Blog since … August ... and the one before that was ... January ... so I'm thinking you're about "due" over there to say something witty ... :P

Yeah, I often think about posting more at GSB but I ultimately never do because I'm in the habit of doing all my personal blogging on Tumblr under another alias these days. Back in 2013 I had a nasty run in with a stalker, so I took a step back from GSB. The only reason I didn't shut down GSB entirely was because I was still working with Miro and A3D, and it would have been foolish to try and associate my voice with another name. At this point it's all washed over and I can safely go back to blogging on GSB, but the tumblr interface has really grown on me. I've thought about porting all of GSB to tumblr, but that's a lot of effort I haven't wanted to put in yet. Especially given Tumblr is always a CEO's whim away from having it's adult content purged.

• @'miro':

@'IBT':

Well I know that this is complete BS because you did just fine with the expressions in G4E in the first place.

I guess you know the rig better than I do :P
    I didn't say it wasn't doable, I said I chose not to in this case

Then in that case, I'm going to call you on Cutting Corners … or at the very least feel justified in saying that what you've shown us had better be incomplete as opposed to final.

• @'femalefutafan':

I just dont see how like 5 minutes to make a tiny post isn't possible on a weekly basis. Mean honestly you can do that while taking a poop :/

Okay, I'm going to have to White Knight™ for both Marie and miro here. There is no such thing as 5 minutes for a tiny post here once per week. I can assure you from personal experience that even when perusing the forums daily, I can easily spend more than 5 minutes just reading posts, never mind replying to them. Heck, even THIS short reply is taking me longer than 5 minutes to do between reading and composing.

The alternative is to come in, not read anything:exclamation: … and then post something in 5 minutes that is completely disconnected from any conversation or concerns that have been expressed. The words "out of touch" only begin to describe what kind of a self-inflicted wound that will result in over time when the behavior gets repeated.

I know that for me, I need to clear a block of time of at least 15 minutes just to read and possibly post something, and as you've seen on multiple occasions I can write lengthy posts that sometimes take over an hour to complete the composition and proofing. Point being that it's SAFER to assume you're going to be reading and posting in a forum for a long time, that way if you don't you've got spare time on your hands you can do something with instead of being cramped for time because you're too busy and can't spare any (right now, or ever, or…).

Not to put you on the spot femalefutafan, but thinking that a "5 minute posting standard" is in any way reasonable (let alone acceptable) is sheer folly borne out of hyperbole.

Change of subject ...

Marie, I don't want you or miro to feel like I'm saying you haven't been working hard or enough (or whatever). That's not the direction that my critical response to the latest animation is pointing towards. Instead, my "complaints" are more in the direction of "if you'd done THIS rather than THAT" where I feel that different choices would have produced a superior end product. The closest I feel comfortable getting towards accusing miro of not spending enough time on his art is pointing out the inevitable zero sum game of administering the website and Affect3D store reducing the time he has to work on his art.

I will however tweak your nose Marie about the fact that there hasn't been an update to your Geeky Sex Blog since … August ... and the one before that was ... January ... so I'm thinking you're about "due" over there to say something witty ... :P

• @'kattnbleu':

Yaaaay, awesome animation. :D
    I love the outdoors location. More of that would be awesome. :P

I think you'll like what we have in the pipeline :D

• @'femalefutafan':

Its impossible to take most of what you said as fact. Mean i cant trust a word anyone says without proof. We've had highly inconsistent communication and releases. So tbh its difficult to believe it. Thats what i truly think. Plus you're going to have a huge bias obviously.

Well, that's precisely why I prefaced it the way I did. I essentially said if you don't trust me, then you don't, but if you choose to trust me, those are the facts I can share at this point in time.

@'femalefutafan':

(Im aware that Miro does most if not all the business stuff) but realistically that and work production shouldn't be mixed as much as it seems to happen here.

I just dont see how like 5 minutes to make a tiny post isn't possible on a weekly basis. Mean honestly you can do that while taking a poop :/

We'll be discussing this in the coming weeks but I'll add that Miro's production process is quite different than it used to be, and sharing WIP that meets our quality standards is much more time consuming than it once was.

• Its impossible to take most of what you said as fact. Mean i cant trust a word anyone says without proof. We've had highly inconsistent communication and releases. So tbh its difficult to believe it. Thats what i truly think. Plus you're going to have a huge bias obviously.

(Im aware that Miro does most if not all the business stuff) but realistically that and work production shouldn't be mixed as much as it seems to happen here.

Please dont take this as just me mindlessly bashing you. Because its not

• And I'm back. I apologize for being a terrible liaison recently. x__x I took on a number of new tasks in December that sucked up a lot of time. I should be around more often now.

Anyway, I see there's been a lot of back and forth in response to the latest WIP release, and Miro has responded to some of that.

In reading everything, however, I feel that I should mention that regardless of what Miro shares here, he is always working on the next release. Now, yes, I'm a representative of the site and I'm tasked with representing it and Miro positively, but if you would take my words at face value they are this: Miro works more than anyone I've ever worked with. I'm not entirely convinced he sleeps, because he's already working when I log on in the morning, and he's still working when I'm going to bed at night. I can't ask any of you to be patient with him, but I think you should just cause he deserves it.

Anyway, following up on the WIP, I quite liked it in the end. The comments I made earlier were in regards to the unrendered clip, but the final version resolved my issues. Tara's pose works for me when she's on a vinyl upholstered couch, as I can say from personal experience that bare skin sticks to vinyl. From her handstand scene in G4E, I think Tara has already established that she's a strong, fit girl, so combining that with the vinyl makes the whole thing work just fine for me.

• administrators

@'IBT':

As I said, there are very much superior combinations of lighting and camera positions you could have used. How can I assert this?

https://affect3d.com/3dx-artist-resource…-lighting/
    https://affect3d.com/3dx-artist-resource…rendering/

https://affect3d.com/3dx-artist-resource…ine-light/

the tutorials are for artists that are looking to understand and improve their lighting
    if you play with lighting as much as I do, then you can assume that the result was intended :) besides the fact that I'm mostly playing with lighting here
    having said that I'm not always happy with my lighting, but in this case I am :) so don't send me links to tuts and such, not looking for that kind of input here

@'IBT':

plus as I've mentioned in the past I don't think the expressions with this rig are the strong point

Well I know that this is complete BS because you did just fine with the expressions in G4E in the first place.

I guess you know the rig better than I do :P
    I didn't say it wasn't doable, I said I chose not to in this case

@'IBT':

Don't get me (or femalefutafan) wrong, the whole Poles In Holes thing is definitely your strong suit (especially THIS pole in THESE holes!). The problem is when you let that become the sum total entirety of what you're doing.

for wip stuff I focus on girls pumping :D everything else is very important, but I only get to indulge in it for release animation

@'Homie':

Also, Miro, feel free to drop more of those renders before new year

yeah, I'll post a couple more at least, love this little scene setup, wish I could spend more time with it

• I want another big project like G4E :D
    The one with the nuns and Evil Tara penis' and such :P

• ignoring what i and others have said…...... I'D much rather this, would prefer to pay idk like 2-5 dollars for a well done FULLY finished animation and have said animation put in the "fun stuff" section of the client for GF4E.

then Miro you'd have more intensive to make them and only give what is completed not 90% done or less, as then these animations wont be a total loss money wise.

BUT as for the facial expressions i've seen i think every possible wip and you're finished work before (so im with IBT on this, seen you do much better in the past) others are still passable/decent, though for the new one you just made all i think needs doing to make the whole thing better is just a small expression loop for Tara. for example the previous animation you did( one before this current animation) the subtle facial movements seriously help the whole thing, (while not the best i've seen defiantly quite good)

now i haven't a fking clue how to post an image so ima not even try (this being for the next one i'd love to see finished and with 20 more seconds added on the end of the animation)

• Yaaaay, awesome animation. :D
    I love the outdoors location. More of that would be awesome. :P

• @'miro':

this is a fun piece, don't have enough time to apply the same amount of polish as release animations, so yes, it's a wip/ not fully developed, considering that, I think you over-analyzed this one

Hey, I calls 'em like I sees 'em.

@'miro':

"atrocious lighting" … hold the phone for just a second, I love that lighting, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one... yes I played around with lights sets too much, but that's what experimental pieces are for, yes?? :)

As I said, there are very much superior combinations of lighting and camera positions you could have used. How can I assert this?

https://affect3d.com/3dx-artist-resource/3dx-tutorial-series-6-scene-lighting/
    https://affect3d.com/3dx-artist-resource/3dx-tutorial-scene-lighting-rendering/

https://affect3d.com/3dx-artist-resource/think-can-make-3dx-shine-light/

It’s easy to kill a scene

This might seem like an obvious point to make, but it’s worth emphasizing: build your scene around your lighting ability. It shouldn’t be the other way around. Use complicated scenes to practice and master your skills, but for actual productions that you intend to put out there make sure you create something that is presentable. It is much more preferable to create a simple thing that looks good than a complicated thing that looks bad. I make this point because I’ve fallen into this trap myself.

I hate to say it miro, but you need to spend some time with TheDude learning how to do lighting (properly).

@'miro':

I do agree a slower tempo would have been more suitable, but every change costs hours of time, so I have to pick may battles, I deemed other things to be more important

miro … you're talking about what amounts to a free pass (or if you prefer, a "mulligan") on a first impression. I understand quite well that slowing the tempo to x0.6 would have very nearly DOUBLED the amount of render time needed for the scene. My contention is that the render time isn't the point. This is one of those "if it takes twice as long to get it RIGHT then do it RIGHT and take twice as long getting there, rather than doing it WRONG and finishing early/on schedule" kinds of things. Why do I say that? Because now we're stuck with an animation where the artist cut corners rather than playing the animation in a way that best features what is happening ... and you don't get a second chance to make a good first impression.

Or to think of it another way ... if it takes another week to render a GOOD scene that works, as opposed to an "okay" scene that has obvious problems ... which is the better choice? For the artist, there is the temptation to finish faster, so as to "ship it" and be done with it already, but for the audience/viewer, the preference is always going to be with the higher quality product. The reason for that is that if the product is going to be something that we're supposed to treasure for YEARS to come (and cum and cum and cum), then doing what is better/best for the scene needs to take precedence over how long it is going to take to finish rendering.

The problem is that now that you've rendered the scene at too high a tempo speed, the time spent rendering that is "sunk" and can't be recovered. However, if you'd given yourself a bit longer, went with a slower tempo and released by (say…) New Year's instead of Christmas, I daresay you'd have received less negative criticism and a happier response to your efforts.

Just for the sake of humoring me ... if you changed nothing other than the tempo of the animation to being x0.6 of what you're showing us here, how long would that take to render in days for the whole thing? A week? Two weeks? Three?

The point I'm trying to make here is that the increase in quality of production is well worth the loss of time it will take to produce in the first place. Why? Because the higher quality product will withstand "the test of time" after release so much better than the lower quality product will.

@'miro':

I do like your analysis in general though

Thank you for that. I know I was being critical, but my efforts are directed towards improving what you're doing than in tearing you down and jumping on the bits.

@'miro':

proper expressions take a lot of time for me

https://affect3d.com/3dx-artist-resource/video-3dx-tutorial-series-episode-3-facial-expressions-hair/

You need to talk to TheDude about that.

@'miro':

so given a toss-up between body motion and expression variation, I go for bodies connecting almost every time

Don't get me (or femalefutafan) wrong, the whole Poles In Holes thing is definitely your strong suit (especially THIS pole in THESE holes!). The problem is when you let that become the sum total entirety of what you're doing. That's because ANYBODY can do Poles In Holes all day long (and many of them do!) but there's more to a scene that makes it sexy, let alone sensual and seductive, than just sticking a Pole In A Hole and having done with it. If you want it to be alluring and … inviting ... you need more than just bodies being mashed together.

@'miro':

plus as I've mentioned in the past I don't think the expressions with this rig are the strong point

At the risk of repeating myself, you need to talk to TheDude.

@'miro':

I understand it's unsatisfying but a somewhat accurate reason, but the extra work means we'll eventually be able to deliver quality animation more often

Given your above complaints, I can only hope this means that you're upgrading the rig you're using for Sayako and Tara so as to be able to exert finer control over their facial expressions with greater proficiency.

@'miro':

another quickie render from the latest scene, I actually love how the back light accentuates Tara's ass :D

And here's a perfect example of the kind of thing I'm talking about with respect to how you could be doing a better job of lighting this particular scene.

First thing I'd want to do is somehow find a way to introduce a Bounce Board into the mix so as to reflectively, rather than directly, illuminate the near side of Tara so her entire body isn't in shadow anymore.

Basically you'd set up the reflecting surface down low (couch height and lower) below the camera so as to "bounce" the light up and onto Sayako's and Tara's bodies from below so as to maintain that beautiful stark contrast of light and shadow playing across Tara's butt cheeks above her. You also wouldn't have the near side of the couch completely lost in shadows.

You'd have to ask TheDude if there's a lighting option to do that in the engine you're using, but I know that use of a Bounce Board is standard practice when dealing with live action filming, particularly on location when you're primarily dealing with direct sunlight, which can cast some pretty harsh shadows depending on the camera angle (and so on and so forth).

• Happy Holidays!

The animation is a bit… love and hate.

On the lighting part, the lighting is great, but it's not.
    It's natural lighting at different times of day with a moving source of light that looks really good, but since this is 3D porn, a moving source of light and objects that cast shadows simply end up obscuring the 'scene'.
    For artists to test natural lighting with WiPs is a good thing, but if that WiP animation is the latest and in months only animation to feed the needs, things get a bit conflicted.

I also agree that the scene could be a bit slower to appear more sensual and yes, some facial expressions, if this was a final product, should be reworked.

The twist where Sayako stops for a second to look at the viewer and signals that 'somehting' is going to happen, resulting in Tara's more extreme facial expression, works quite charming though.
    Also Sayako in darker apparel looks dashing, imo. :blush:

So, overall the lighting in itself is great but wrongly applied, the lack of detail can be excused, if it was one of many WiPs and not THE WiP animation of the year. I like the idea of briefly breaking the 4th wall and Sayako in darker clothing is fabolous. Although the material she is wearing seems very light absorbant and thus less detailed.
    The music is also a nice touch, but would work even better if the animations were slower.

Also, Miro, feel free to drop more of those renders before new year, or a 'sorry I missed Christmas Eve' Sayako with a Santa hat. :angel: :D

• administrators

@'IBT':

Now, if this loop was a "down payment" on a longer cycle of animation (meaning, it's not finished yet and neither are you) then it would be "okay" as a first draft, but with obvious room for improvement(s) … mainly in the area of Lighting and choice of Camera Positions/Angles. As is ... it doesn't even really work (for me) as a decent piece of tease, mainly because there is so much room for improvement of multiple aspects ... everything from tempo of the thrusting to the "priority" of keeping Sayako's cock "in or out" of Tara's ass to the atrocious lighting to the distant/impersonal/poor choice of camera positions that prevent what we're seeing from actually being ... intimate and passionate (let alone arousing).

this is a fun piece, don't have enough time to apply the same amount of polish as release animations, so yes, it's a wip/ not fully developed, considering that, I think you over-analyzed this one

"atrocious lighting" … hold the phone for just a second, I love that lighting, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one... yes I played around with lights sets too much, but that's what experimental pieces are for, yes?? :)

I do agree a slower tempo would have been more suitable, but every change costs hours of time, so I have to pick may battles, I deemed other things to be more important

I do like your analysis in general though

@'femalefutafan':

IBT basically summed it up, (though im not as critical on animations) but the face expressions um yeah those need some help

proper expressions take a lot of time for me, so given a toss-up between body motion and expression variation, I go for bodies connecting almost every time, plus as I've mentioned in the past I don't think the expressions with this rig are the strong point, so another reason to focus on body shapes vs expression in combination with medium to far cameras vs close-ups

@'femalefutafan':

still lost on how its getting on to 3 months and in the post you mention that you didnt get the time needed to polish
    like wut –---_______----- how can that even be

when you're busy with other stuff :P

@'borsten':

It's really sad to see that almost everyone of your posts since, dunno, one year, two years, starts with something along the lines of "not much time at the moment". You gotta understand that there is nobody out there who can beat you at animations but that there are millions who are better at the whole administrative stuff (or whatever it is that takes your mind off animating).

I understand it's unsatisfying but a somewhat accurate reason, but the extra work means we'll eventually be able to deliver quality animation more often

@'borsten':

If you would post more acual content, there would be more traffic and maybe then more people would check out the other artists who publish their stuff here, too. And I guess that was kind of the thought behind affect3d originally.

well the idea was to build a 3DX community that isn't just about me :) we've got a ways to go for sure but we'll get there
    our writers for example are doing a fine job delivering healthier/ sexier content compared to a year ago and there's some pretty strong 3DX talent developing in both stills and animation, check out some of our motds

another quickie render from the latest scene, I actually love how the back light accentuates Tara's ass :D

• @'femalefutafan':

IBT basically summed it up, (though im not as critical on animations)

My "complaint" against the animation, such as it is, mainly boils down to an objection of the tempo of thrusting (it's too fast, hence why I prefer either x0.6 or x0.8 speed) and a preference for a different "bias" in the penetration itself (cock IN Tara rather than cock OUT of Tara).

@'femalefutafan':

but the face expressions um yeah those need some help.

Actually lighting them "properly" for a good view from the camera would help, but their faces are going to need more than just that. As is, you could very nearly put paper bags over both their heads and not lose anything … which is disappointing.

@'femalefutafan':

one thing i will say is the, well ass jiggle when Sayako and Tara's bodies hit was real good.

Agreed. I just wish we'd had better visibility on that while it was happening.

@'femalefutafan':

still lost on how its getting on to 3 months and in the post you mention that you didnt get the time needed to polish

Think Miro for the times you cant animate so 80% of the time it seems, why not just get someone else that can do some if not most of the work for you and then you're able to finish of the rest or do some changes, OR just for the final rendering let someone do that.

I think the moral of the story is that miro can be EITHER a site administrator OR a 3DX artist … but there really isn't time to be both. Why do I say this? Because other artists have released multiple products in the Affect3D store while miro has been working on this 1 minute animation, which is really nothing more than two loops strung together with a transition in between them … and even then, the only real difference between the two loops is the tempo of penetration, so it's really more like one loop at x1.0 and then run a little faster.

I'm of the opinion that the past year has demonstrated that miro needs someone else to take over the "business" side of Affect3D so that miro can devote a larger amount of time/resources to being an artist. Because Time Is Finite ... while the demands on your time are approaching infinite. Time to start deciding what is more important ... maintaining the business/site or being a creative artist.

• It's really sad to see that almost everyone of your posts since, dunno, one year, two years, starts with something along the lines of "not much time at the moment". You gotta understand that there is nobody out there who can beat you at animations but that there are millions who are better at the whole administrative stuff (or whatever it is that takes your mind off animating). Most people come here for YOUR animations only, at least that's the feeling I get when I look at the front page, where a lot of features of other artists go unnoticed/uncommented. As long as YOU don't post stuff, there's not much traffic on the site. If you would post more acual content, there would be more traffic and maybe then more people would check out the other artists who publish their stuff here, too. And I guess that was kind of the thought behind affect3d originally.

• IBT basically summed it up, (though im not as critical on animations) but the face expressions um yeah those need some help

one thing i will say is the, well ass jiggle when Sayako and Tara's bodies hit was real good.

Think Miro for the times you cant animate so 80% of the time it seems, why not just get someone else that can do some if not most of the work for you and then you're able to finish of the rest or do some changes, OR just for the final rendering let someone do that.

Looks like your connection to NodeBB was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.