Why has this era revolutionized digital existence?

• What do you think is the reason for the digital currency revolution?
    Is it the fast growing internet world or the virtual existence of people by that I mean presence in social media platforms?

I think the answer lies somewhere in between the belief in people that virtual existence is a thing now, like even if a person dies in the real world, he or she is talked about in the virtual world making him or her alive even after death. This is creepy. Yet it might be a thing. And the next reason, I think is the pandemics happening, you all know about the Covid-19. Due to this, people know the term "quarantine" due to which people are unable to carry out daily activities, like going to work, school, shopping, and many more. They aren't able to leave their house. As such, digital media has gained its outreach and online platforms for buying and selling stuff, getting it delivered to own houses has increased tremendously.

Being an Asian, a member of the eastern culture, at times when western culture was way ahead in the online payments and online working, online studying, tutoring, buying and selling stuffs and eventually a digital existence we didn't actually use it enough. Even though such practices existed in the eastern world, it wasn't talked about that much. I mean not used precisely, we still believed in the traditional ways, schools, shopping, office etc, but now that the world is facing problems, its even more difficult for eastern part of the world to coop with the pandemic with online beings, but nevertheless, we have achieved and let the revolution happen.

As far as I am concerned, I think these two are the reasons why digital existence and digital currency has gained its outreach let me know what you think?

You can visit my website here at Sovarup. And let us be a part of this revolution as we provide an online platform for buying your technological needs.image

• I start with a preset, then mix and the full character body/head sliders for a base close to what I'm planning. Then I tweak the heck out of the morphs and play with different skins until she's who I want her to be. :D

• @'LoChrome':

@'johnathan:

Thank you again for the answers I had my eyes on modo indie for a while just couldn't find a reason to get it until now;)

I found these two related tutorials really helpful for getting my skin shaders set up:
    http://www.3dtotal.com/index_tutorial_detailed.php?id=1944
    http://www.3dtotal.com/index_tutorial_detailed.php?catDisplay=1&roPos=1&id=1965&page=3

The Modo community is pretty helpful for answering questions:
    http://community.thefoundry.co.uk/

And I don't have it bookmarked, so I can't quickly find a link, but there is a great set of tutorials (search on the Foundry's Modo community linked above) that explain the somewhat unusual way Modo's shader tree works. It makes understanding how groups allow you to control what gets shaded. You can even use them to make a double-sided material, which can be super convenient when you have two sides of a surface exposed and want a different look for the front- and back-facing parts (I used it for the fur and inner collar on this piece: Noqe Doesn't Need You)

Have fun!

Yes those links will difintly will help me! If I may ask you another question what do think of Houdini? http://www.sidefx.com ? Someone telling me that have a beta for Unreal Engine 4.

• I start with one close to what I want then change it to suit my needs. Usually I'll end up either using completely different textures or merging multiple ones to get the features I want.

• @'LoChrome':

@'johnathan:

Thank you again for the answers I had my eyes on modo indie for a while just couldn't find a reason to get it until now;)

I found these two related tutorials really helpful for getting my skin shaders set up:
    http://www.3dtotal.com/index_tutorial_detailed.php?catDisplay=1&roPos=1&id=1965&page=3

And I don't have it bookmarked, so I can't quickly find a link, but there is a great set of tutorials (search on the Foundry's Modo community linked above) that explain the somewhat unusual way Modo's shader tree works. It makes understanding how groups allow you to control what gets shaded. You can even use them to make a double-sided material, which can be super convenient when you have two sides of a surface exposed and want a different look for the front- and back-facing parts (I used it for the fur and inner collar on this piece: Noqe Doesn't Need You)

Have fun!

Yes those links will difintly will help me! If I may ask you another question what do think of Houdini? http://www.sidefx.com ? Someone telling me that have a beta for Unreal Engine 4.

• @'johnathan:

Have fun!

• @'LoChrome':

@'johnathan:

Yes that help a lot! Again I'm sort of ignorant when it come to 3d. If I may ask is modo indie is the same thing as zbrush? http://store.steampowered.com/sub/55095/

Modo Indie is a broader program that can do more than Zbrush, but it's also not as focused. The sculpting tools are there, but they aren't as developed as in Zbrush. On the other hand, Modo lets you directly manipulate vertices, model, render, rig, animate, do particles, etc.

Personally, I use Modo Indie and like it secondly only to Maya as a 3D platform (and I can't afford Maya, so…). It's depth gives allows me to do a lot of things I can't do in DAZ Studio. I also disliked the Zbrush interface intensely, enough that if I were buying a sculpting program I'd only consider Mudbox and 3DCoat. But there are a lot of artists who like it and probably don't want to mess with the technical bits that Modo (or Maya, Max, C4D, etc.) expose. If you have a programming kind of mind, you might think about SideFX Houdini, which offers some great deals and is very mathematically/algorithmically structured. For FX, it's stunning, but for me, modeling in it is too unintuitive to be fun.

If all you want to do is manipulate some simple objects, either will probably work equally well. Modo's interface is probably more straight forward and DAZ/Poser-like. If you want to do more complicated modeling, I'd play with a trial version of both to see which way of working is best for you.

• @'johnathan:

Yes that help a lot! Again I'm sort of ignorant when it come to 3d. If I may ask is modo indie is the same thing as zbrush? http://store.steampowered.com/sub/55095/

Modo Indie is a broader program that can do more than Zbrush, but it's also not as focused. The sculpting tools are there, but they aren't as developed as in Zbrush. On the other hand, Modo lets you directly manipulate vertices, model, render, rig, animate, do particles, etc.

Personally, I use Modo Indie and like it secondly only to Maya as a 3D platform (and I can't afford Maya, so…). It's depth gives allows me to do a lot of things I can't do in DAZ Studio. I also disliked the Zbrush interface intensely, enough that if I were buying a sculpting program I'd only consider Mudbox and 3DCoat. But there are a lot of artists who like it and probably don't want to mess with the technical bits that Modo (or Maya, Max, C4D, etc.) expose. If you have a programming kind of mind, you might think about SideFX Houdini, which offers some great deals and is very mathematically/algorithmically structured. For FX, it's stunning, but for me, modeling in it is too unintuitive to be fun.

If all you want to do is manipulate some simple objects, either will probably work equally well. Modo's interface is probably more straight forward and DAZ/Poser-like. If you want to do more complicated modeling, I'd play with a trial version of both to see which way of working is best for you.

• @'Redrobot':

@'johnathan:

@'Morfium':

@'~ArgonCyanide777':

Just looked at Zbrush…holy crap I can't afford that...at least not very soon! Not sure what I wanted to do would justify the purchase. However, you guys do have my praise and nods of appreciation.

well, you can do the stuff zbrush do also with other programms, other more expensive software have it integrated and I guess there is also freeware but zbrush is one of the best or the best, and also is very good integrated, with goz you can switch between the programms with one mousclick, that is why it get often praised.

Pardon my ignorance but what is zbrush exactly? What I seen it looks no different then Maya\3ds max or poser. Is there something i overlooked? What is it features that it has no else? Again I'm new to 3d and I'm very curious?

Zbrush is an industry level 3D sculpting program. It's used a lot in the gaming and movie industry. You can create highly detailed 3D models, textures, props, and characters in it. Here is the website:
    http://pixologic.com/
    What is cool is that once you get familiar with it (there are a ton of tutorials online) you can build custom outfits, characters, etc and export them over to DAZ/Poser for your scenes. You can even export DAZ/Poser characters into Zbrush and then do your own custom morphs.
    Hope that helped.

It's basically the answer to the question:

"How come when I put my character in that position he/she looks messed up but when this artist does it he/she looks fine?"

I personally only know how to use about 6 brushes and a few of the menu options in zbrush, but I wouldn't be able to make anything I make without them.

• @'Redrobot':

@'johnathan:

@'Morfium':

@'~ArgonCyanide777':

Just looked at Zbrush…holy crap I can't afford that...at least not very soon! Not sure what I wanted to do would justify the purchase. However, you guys do have my praise and nods of appreciation.

well, you can do the stuff zbrush do also with other programms, other more expensive software have it integrated and I guess there is also freeware but zbrush is one of the best or the best, and also is very good integrated, with goz you can switch between the programms with one mousclick, that is why it get often praised.

Pardon my ignorance but what is zbrush exactly? What I seen it looks no different then Maya\3ds max or poser. Is there something i overlooked? What is it features that it has no else? Again I'm new to 3d and I'm very curious?

Zbrush is an industry level 3D sculpting program. It's used a lot in the gaming and movie industry. You can create highly detailed 3D models, textures, props, and characters in it. Here is the website:
    What is cool is that once you get familiar with it (there are a ton of tutorials online) you can build custom outfits, characters, etc and export them over to DAZ/Poser for your scenes. You can even export DAZ/Poser characters into Zbrush and then do your own custom morphs.
    Hope that helped.

• @'johnathan:

@'Morfium':

@'~ArgonCyanide777':

Hope that helped.

• @'LoChrome':

Brush uses a sculpting metaphor for create forms, rather than directly manipulating vertices and polygons. For organic shapes, it can be easier to work that way. Working in it is more like painting than traditional 3d modeling, where you manipulate points and curves (if you're familiar with Adobe products, Zbrush is like painting in Photoshop while Max/Maya/C4D/Modo/etc. is like using Illustrator to create art). To use it effectively, you need a tablet.

3DCoat and Mudbox offer similar functionality with more conventional interfaces (Zbrush is a love-it-or-hate-it proposition with a UI that doesn't work the same as other 3D programs). Modo has similar tools built in.

Ah I see thank you providing me this information! When you mean modo do you mean this. http://store.steampowered.com/app/321540/ May I ask your opinion on modo indie? Do you think it better then zbrush or the same?

• Brush uses a sculpting metaphor for create forms, rather than directly manipulating vertices and polygons. For organic shapes, it can be easier to work that way. Working in it is more like painting than traditional 3d modeling, where you manipulate points and curves (if you're familiar with Adobe products, Zbrush is like painting in Photoshop while Max/Maya/C4D/Modo/etc. is like using Illustrator to create art). To use it effectively, you need a tablet.

3DCoat and Mudbox offer similar functionality with more conventional interfaces (Zbrush is a love-it-or-hate-it proposition with a UI that doesn't work the same as other 3D programs). Modo has similar tools built in.

• most my characters are dialed with a few morphs here and there. took me a couple weeks and studying facial features of lara croft to get lana where she is today, but i also added more curves :D

• I don't know, I'd like to dial my own but I don't have the right tools or the damn time to learn "yet another thing" (TM). I've played a bit with the dials in Poser to change the characters I already own like increasing the jaw size or something like that, just to see what the outcome looks like. But some of the characters created by the pros are so beautiful I doubt I could improve them by much fiddling with them.

• @'Morfium':

@'~ArgonCyanide777':

• @ subject:

Here's my opinion… Depending on what you want to do, you should base what you buy it off that. If it's something specific, then you might be better off buying a preset and tweaking it from there since it'd be short term more or less.

If you have long term plans, or you plan to make lots of characters or do many custom adjustments, get morphs. Though even then if there are 2 different presets...I think you can use morphs and average something between the two hard presets to get the results you like. Still, if you like creating raw, morphs are the first step, then sculpting programs are the next step up.

@'Morfium':

I know and that is what frustrates me because it is so versatile and I agree it's the absolute best. I'm just not sure if the handful of things I'd make would justify what I'd spend to buy it.

Don't you need to be a professional in order to market* your custom products? Licensing and all that?
    *assuming what one makes translates into something desirable enough for others to want to buy it

• Use the textures of bought characters, and generally start with a form of a character but dial fiddle after. Since I like elves, I used a LOT of different packs, as each has its own charm.

• @'LoChrome':

I own a number of character morphs, but pretty much never use them. Part of what I like about Poser-style art is dialing in to get exactly the face and body I want.

Does anyone use stock characters? Or start with one and then dial some tweaks? How do you get your digital cast?

Into I get 3dmax I use mixamo fuse.http://store.steampowered.com/app/257400
    Does this count?

• I just use DAZ3d models and tweak them to my specs…my girl Alex is a Genesis V5 model, Gabi. I just messed around till she looked like how I wanted...plus, I added a dick ;)

Looks like your connection to NodeBB was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.