How do I contact AVG support?

• AVG is one of the best antivirus software to secure PC from Virus and online threats. AVG provides great functionality to scan and remove virus from the infected files. If you are facing any scanning or technical issue with AVG antivirus then contact AVG Support to get immediate help. Techies are always available at the support desk to help customers.

• @'korezaan':

Not aware "women arent funny" was something that existed.

I read a Cracked (was it?) article once about how being funny gets men extra points with women, whereas women get extra points with men if they laugh/smile. I cant find it at the moment, but the claim fits everything i've observed.

I believe this is the article. http://www.cracked.com/blog/4-ways-were-programmed-to-think-women-arent-funny/

I never heard of that stereotype until reading that. But it does bring up some points about why people think that way (and how they're wrong). It probably falls in line with the whole "Make Me A Sandwich" gamer syndrome.

@'Theblissofsin':

I've seen the Broad City previews. I couldn't possibly have been less entertained. I dunno. I mean, I'm sure there are funny women, but generally I find female comics rely a lot on topics that I either cannot relate to or rely on mannerisms that get repetitive or aren't organic to the joke/moment.

It's a really good show. It's definitely worth a watch. Plus, Hannibal Buress.

• Social pressure i guess, probably the same way women werent supposed to be intelligent. Humor and jokes are a demonstration of wits. Men are afraid of witty women. They could plan to take over the world ! and cut your balls off !

• there aren't a lot of good female comedians out there seriously.

• @'korezaan':

Not aware "women arent funny" was something that existed.

^this

I've never heard such nonsense.

• I've seen the Broad City previews. I couldn't possibly have been less entertained. I dunno. I mean, I'm sure there are funny women, but generally I find female comics rely a lot on topics that I either cannot relate to or rely on mannerisms that get repetitive or aren't organic to the joke/moment.

I think it's mostly related to stand ups though. I've never felt when watching sitcoms for example that actresses are any less funny than actors. For example with The Neighbours I feel like the Larry/Jackie duo is golden, and they complement each other perfectly. With Community I think Britta and Shirley are hilarious. Annie a bit less so, but her character doesn't rely as much on humour to be good.

• Not aware "women arent funny" was something that existed.

I read a Cracked (was it?) article once about how being funny gets men extra points with women, whereas women get extra points with men if they laugh/smile. I cant find it at the moment, but the claim fits everything i've observed.

This obviously does not hold equally the other way around. Men aren't particularly looking to be entertained by women and women aren't looking for smiley men (see: dark and brooding). If we want to actually reason it out, one solution might be that jokes are always attacking something in the end, and it's fairly well known that while men can spar without much external consequence, women are very vicious. There's this one image I saw a long time ago about how men can be cussing each other out or beating each other up and be best friends for life, while women will be super nice and talking about how they'll be best friends forever and then break up within a month hold grudges forever. So it's harder to laugh at jokes made by a woman.

• I didn't even know that this stereotype even exist?

• My sister was a comedian, on the road, for 5 years. I have never thought women were not funny.

Looks like your connection to NodeBB was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.