A Quick Troubleshooter for webmail roadrunner users

• Roadrunner emailing application is one of the most popular emailing communication mediums, which is extensively used by thousands of roadrunner email users. If you are a roadrunner email user and facing some common errors with roadrunner email, we are a trained troubleshooting guide. We work independently as a reliable third party support provider and providing simple troubleshooting instructions to solve all common errors associated with webmail roadrunner. Our trained troubleshooters are very quick to resolve your issues and make a hassle-free path to enjoy emailing experience. Our quality assistance is the most appropriate option for you to get unlimited support for any issue.

• http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2013/dec/18/bitcoin-plummets-china-payment-processors-digital-cryptocurrency
    http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2014/03/01/mtgox-bankrupt-so-sorry-we-lost-all-your-money/

I like the idea of anonymous currency aside from the fact that it probably helps with crime but I don't like that they aren't backed by anything stable so they fluctuate wildly and you could incur massive losses. And well, they're looking pretty fucked to me.

In other news though, it looks like they got an adorable mascot: http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2014/03/02/meet-bitcoin-chan

• administrators

aware of the story, could be a blow to bitcoin, spose we'll soon find out whether it manages to survive and look more resilient because of it or collapses sooner than expected

hopefully bitcoin succeeds, but you can't help but be neutral on the subject and not become too invested, considering how volatile the currency still is, have to give it time

@'aguinness':

Because there is no control mechanism, and thus treats itself as a commodity (though it is not a commodity), it (and any user holding them) is completely exposed to the forces of the market. Thus, cryptocurrency by default favors mostly those insulated from risk and thus utilize it solely to accumulate wealth. How that can be seen as a good thing tells you a lot things about those idolaters.

Well, right now I'm seeing the negative effects of fiat currency, like high bank fees and it used as a mechanism to force control over what the banks think should be traded or not also national debt, related government control and inflation, but not an expert in any of this stuff. Cryptocurrency seems like a potential solution to these problems though, but maybe you can elaborate on the other side of the coin as it were :)

• @'SinCyprine':

Money is meant to symbolise someone's energy and effort, materialized by a rare (therefore precious) item. Say a gold coin.

I guess that is a classical/liberal economics view. (Let us be clear here: Economic liberalism has nothing to do with liberalism) I tend to see money merely as a token of purchasing power, its value bestowed upon by the market.

I am ambivalent about cryptocurrency itself. It has its uses, particularly as a universal currency that aids more international transactions. Perhaps, if it were to gain some sense of stability (which it lacks, due to mass speculation), I would be more supportive of it.

But I am wary of certain political circles (in particular, libertarians) who idolize cryptocurrency as being the second coming of the gold standard, with only one or two of the flaws addressed: The uneven supply problem, and the need for national support. Cryptocurrency still carries the primary flaw that the gold standard did: Because there is no control mechanism, and thus treats itself as a commodity (though it is not a commodity), it (and any user holding them) is completely exposed to the forces of the market. Thus, cryptocurrency by default favors mostly those insulated from risk and thus utilize it solely to accumulate wealth. How that can be seen as a good thing tells you a lot things about those idolaters.

• administrators

Would love for cryptocurrencies to take hold because there are lots of positives:
    imagine a world-wide currency that doesn't need exchanging (eventually), no to very low transaction fees, out of banks control, anonymous, programmable, no charge backs, etc.

There is no downside as far as I can see other than the fact that it's still quite complicated to setup and use initially, it's very volatile whilst government regulation is uncertain and the currency is gaining in popularity and well of course governments oh and banks will try to eradicate this competitor, so their future may well be short-lived, lol.

If by fluke it made it through the jungle of monetary regulation it would be amazing :)
    A small investment is worth the risk I think, because bitcoin could well get a 100 or 1000 fold return, however I wouldn't invest a lot because you could also lose it all, heh :)

• bitcoins are popular enough to be the currency used in the tv serie Almost Human.

my high school class on economics are far behind but there was something about money in it.
    Money is meant to symbolise someone's energy and effort, materialized by a rare (therefore precious) item. Say a gold coin.
    Trust between parties exchanging money, and the value of the item serving as money is essential for the symbols to work. Fake the gold and the deal is off.
    Now adays, most of our money, and the money exchanged in the world is virtual. The itemization of the symbol is no more & our trust in money is fading - for those who are to oversee its fairness have failed us.

Alternate systems are the concequence of this mistrust.
    Bitcoins are supposed to be unfakable (i had never heard of the others you mentioned), supposedly laying the ground of a renewed trust between parties, away from the afore mentioned distrusted agencies.

My 2 bit-cents ?
    in a world of money worshiping, i fear these alternate solutions will end-up eaten up by the insatiable agencies still in place. Until those voracious beast are put down, i dont see the golden idol cults ending anywhen soon….

Looks like your connection to NodeBB was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.