Best Business school in Hyderabad

• IMT HYDERABAD is leading Best Business School in Hyderabad The emphasis at IMT has been on preparing business leaders for tomorrow’s society leveraging on its strong academia-industry collaboration. The holistic approach to pedagogy incorporates a wide range of co-curricular and extra-curricular activities and frequent interactions with top-level executives from the industry. The Library & Information Center efficiently cater to the needs of the faculty, students and research scholars. It provides access to online national and international journals, magazines, reports, and projects. The residential facility is set in the tranquil environment of the campus and is highly conducive to academic work.

https://www.imthyderabad.edu.in/about/top-business-school-in-hyderabad

• Yes sorry, Reality Does

If there is a way to make the mesh objects into mesh lights then you can just manually do that
    you will have to dig them out of the Null group

for the softbox,just make sure its a non reflective setting for both the snoot and the gobo

But if nothing else for now is to observe how the sets are constructed for the softbox and the projecters

and if you noticed, aiming Cameras are paired with the meshlights
    rather then taking a best guess, you can aim them by the camera
    recreating the set up isn't hard at all

• @'Rivaliant':

@'buenoexcellente':

I've looked at your thread over in help and tutorials, and I think what is called "gloss" in Reality is listed in Luxus and in the Luxrender documentation as "index of reflection" but the numbers Reality uses, and the ones in Luxus and the Luxrender documentation are wildly different.

IE: You are giving me numbers in the 1000s range and the IOR of say… water is only 1.33. Human skin is 1.43.

However, it doesn't really matter since I figured out what you meant :)

Although I'm unsure what you mean by "a matte plane paired with a shaped alpha map"... but a quick google search figured it out. I guess I should look into soft boxing my lights?

Hmm I'll give it a shot.

Thanks for the assist. I've learned a lot.

I only seen reality use IOR for Glass

The material setting "Glossy" should act pretty much how the surface setting does in Daz's Default Surface settings

since I now know you're using Daz
    this will still be useful
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/68284/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Reality-Light-System-for-DS-+-Reality-+-Luxrender
    it will all make better sense if you use this

Actually… I just loaded up several of those lights, and they don't even show up in Luxrender. Reality must have a special way of exporting them. Luxus treats them just like meshes with no lighting properties at all.

So it looks like I'm back to building my own softboxes. It will be an interesting project.

• @'buenoexcellente':

I've looked at your thread over in help and tutorials, and I think what is called "gloss" in Reality is listed in Luxus and in the Luxrender documentation as "index of reflection" but the numbers Reality uses, and the ones in Luxus and the Luxrender documentation are wildly different.

IE: You are giving me numbers in the 1000s range and the IOR of say… water is only 1.33. Human skin is 1.43.

Although I'm unsure what you mean by "a matte plane paired with a shaped alpha map"... but a quick google search figured it out. I guess I should look into soft boxing my lights?

Hmm I'll give it a shot.

I only seen reality use IOR for Glass

The material setting "Glossy" should act pretty much how the surface setting does in Daz's Default Surface settings

since I now know you're using Daz
    this will still be useful
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/68284/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Reality-Light-System-for-DS-+-Reality-+-Luxrender
    it will all make better sense if you use this

• @'Rivaliant':

Maybe i should had asked what Program and plugin are you using to get you're Scenes into LuxRender

I'm using Daz and Reality, so my terms are related to Reality

I don't want to confuse you any more then I have
    then maybe we can start matching terms to get the understanding across

but to answer your questions
    a Mesh Light is an Area Light Object, but yes, that definition would be correct. In your models I can see the square light they are reflecting, that is a Mesh Light I'm assuming

IES Files are placed as a parameter for the Light Settings of Meshlights, so it should have a place to put it specifically In it Light Settings in the Plug in your using.

and yes, a GOBO is a Matte plane with a shaped Alpha map paired with the Meshlight and place just in front of it in softbox set up so the light produced only goes though the shape cut out

any object with a high reflective nature will reflect the circled light rather then a floating square

and…Yes? about the Gloss
    I'm assuming, in Daz its called "Gloss" In reality its called "Gloss"
    You can see that Here http://affect3d.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=2969

Hmm I'll give it a shot.

• Maybe i should had asked what Program and plugin are you using to get you're Scenes into LuxRender

I'm using Daz and Reality, so my terms are related to Reality

I don't want to confuse you any more then I have
    then maybe we can start matching terms to get the understanding across

but to answer your questions
    a Mesh Light is an Area Light Object, but yes, that definition would be correct. In your models I can see the square light they are reflecting, that is a Mesh Light I'm assuming

IES Files are placed as a parameter for the Light Settings of Meshlights, so it should have a place to put it specifically In it Light Settings in the Plug in your using.

and yes, a GOBO is a Matte plane with a shaped Alpha map paired with the Meshlight and place just in front of it in softbox set up so the light produced only goes though the shape cut out

any object with a high reflective nature will reflect the circled light rather then a floating square

and…Yes? about the Gloss
    I'm assuming, in Daz its called "Gloss" In reality its called "Gloss"
    You can see that Here http://affect3d.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=2969

• @'Rivaliant':

I might also suggest to use the IES file for your mesh lights o3o
    or if you don't have you can make a type of GOBO for the lights to make it a circle

as for the Wetness it will very from texture to texture
    But bring the gloss down to about 8000-9500
    and the color as high as you want environment reflections to be
    and you might want to also kick up the bump map
    and have a good spec map for your models will help in making the wet sugar skin look

Fireflys have also been a nuisance to me, but I've learned that the setting going into Lux are far better then the Adjustments you make in the LuxGUI
    So if you are finding yourself going into the light Groups to brighten or lowering the light to a heavy degree.
    take that number over to your plugin and inputting that number on the Gain.
    if it has already been adjusted and you have a new adjustment, it works in multiplication

(Plugin number Times LuxGUI Adjustment = new Plugin number)
    Say you have a light that is gained to 3, but you find your self adjusting it up to 10 still
    3x10 = 30 will be the number you should put the gain up to in the plug in

The theory behind this is that the light is like paintballs as it shots into the scene.
    if you get a crash of light, it makes the firefly, and just adjusting the visual intensity of the points of contact will only make them appear harsher

I also suggest working with one ISO, Shutter, and f stop settings to get a baseline for your lighting

I hope i didn't dump to much information at you

as far as rendering speeds, if you have access to more than one computer
    you can network them together to render the scene for you. is always a good alternative

Image size plays into a huge part of the speed
    large the images, the more pixels it has to render, the longer it will take
    I know rendering images at that size in your last one is tempting
    but remember most people run on 16:9 1080p monitors

and no, a lot of people render in Lux with fantastical fantasy stuff.
    give it more practice and you'll come out with great results

Ok now I have some decent questions.

I've been trying to use IES files, but Luxrender keeps saying that the image is not supported. Also I'm not sure I'm putting them in the right place. Do you add them to the color channel in the luxrender surface tab? By "mesh" lights do you mean any mesh that you have changed into a light source?

As for GOBO, I'm curious as to what you are using for one. Are you using a glass pane? A matte pane with holes cut in it? What's your method?

When you are talking about "gloss" what parameter are you talking about? Like specular index of reflection?

• I'm using Topaz DE-noiser on my images that I render in Reality. I'm also a pretty good digital painter, so I often touch up my images even more with airbrushing.

• @'Rivaliant':

I might also suggest to use the IES file for your mesh lights o3o
    or if you don't have you can make a type of GOBO for the lights to make it a circle

and have a good spec map for your models will help in making the wet sugar skin look

Fireflys have also been a nuisance to me, but I've learned that the setting going into Lux are far better then the Adjustments you make in the LuxGUI
    So if you are finding yourself going into the light Groups to brighten or lowering the light to a heavy degree.
    if it has already been adjusted and you have a new adjustment, it works in multiplication

Say you have a light that is gained to 3, but you find your self adjusting it up to 10 still

The theory behind this is that the light is like paintballs as it shots into the scene.
    if you get a crash of light, it makes the firefly, and just adjusting the visual intensity of the points of contact will only make them appear harsher

I also suggest working with one ISO, Shutter, and f stop settings to get a baseline for your lighting

you can network them together to render the scene for you. is always a good alternative

Well I didn't get a lot of that, but I'll do my research and give it a shot.

@'Redrobot':

I would also recommend a De-noiser filter for your images as well. That would help clean them up and make your images a lot smoother.

Well I've had poor results using the Noise filter. Mostly I've found that it just blurs the image. Maybe I'm using it wrong? Any tips?

• I would also recommend a De-noiser filter for your images as well. That would help clean them up and make your images a lot smoother.

• I might also suggest to use the IES file for your mesh lights o3o

• Yeah thats what I meant.

And there is no shame in not knowing things. We are all just students of this stuff. I doubt that there are many people around, even in the cg industry on a professional level, who would know almost anything about the technical details, especially since in the end the visuals count, and in most cases you can get away by not doing it "the right way" but rather just wager how things might appear :)

• @'buenoexcellente':

Are you saying that in the diffuse channel that neither red, green, or blue should be above 215 as a value, or do you mean that the diffuse slider should never be above 90%?

In any case I'll try both with my next render. Thanks for the reply.

He means the RGB values :)

• @'hzr':

Check your light and material settings. Make sure to not use too bright light sources AND make sure that you dont have almost 100% intensity in your colours. This goes for reflection values aswell as diffuse colours. A good rule of thumb is to not exceed around 90% intensity.

As an example, a sheet of white paper would have a value of roughly 215, when youre looking at this in RGB values.

I've read that in the lux forums, but I'm too uneducated to know what it means apparently.

Are you saying that in the diffuse channel that neither red, green, or blue should be above 215 as a value, or do you mean that the diffuse slider should never be above 90%?

In any case I'll try both with my next render. Thanks for the reply.

• Check your light and material settings. Make sure to not use too bright light sources AND make sure that you dont have almost 100% intensity in your colours. This goes for reflection values aswell as diffuse colours. A good rule of thumb is to not exceed around 90% intensity.

As an example, a sheet of white paper would have a value of roughly 215, when youre looking at this in RGB values.

When you have too bright lights and reflections in your image, the rays that shoot and bounce around in the scene will not loose energy in a natural way, which results in these fireflies and noise. And the more of these problems you have, the longer the render time also becomes, because there are way more bounces for the rays. This applies to all types of render engines btw. Not just LuxRender.

• I let this one render for a lot longer, and it's still terribly noisy. I'm really baffled by the firefly problem. (under the jawline is particularly bad) It may be that Lux is just too realistic for the kind of fantasy stuff I like to render. I love the results, but I can't invest 48 hours into every single scene.

The lighting could be better, but I like this one a good bit.

• administrators

all you need for sweat is a good basic skin texture, a good bump map and specular, that's it
    the skin texture must not have visible pixalation at 100% size and the bump map gives the skin the ripples it need to look natural… you're def missing a decent bump map here or the power isn't high enough
    if you want an effect of streaming sweat you can add a specular map which distributes more specular to the area of runny sweat

• Unique is a way of putting it :)

Same render with more time under it.

As for materials I'm still stuck on making realistic sweat, lube whatever, and I've been trying to get that stuff right for years. If you can give me some pointers I'd appreciate it. I've been experimenting with adding a second layer to the skin, making it a glass material and bump mapping it, but it ends up looking like a sheet of plastic. Specular maps don't really seem to show up in Lux, and seem to look flat regardless of the render engine.

Hell I should probably start another thread in the tutorials and help section for that.

• administrators

quite a unique look, but yeah work on your materials and render quality some more :)

• @'Jimjim':

It's a great start, but you should really let the render do more clean up before you stop it. As it is now there's just too much noise. Especially on that last one.

Yeah I've got another render of that last one running at home now. I'm gonna let it bake for about 12 hours.

Even then though I seem to have problems with fireflies. I'm wondering if I make the backgrounds much darker it will absorb some of that extra energy, but the luxrender documentation is so goddamn arcane that I can't really tell if it will make a difference or not.

Looks like your connection to NodeBB was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.