How do I obtain easy ways for QuickBooks error 1603?

• As per my knowledge, when I attempt to update QuickBooks account, I am getting error code message QuickBooks error 1603. This error code is one of the most difficult error codes that can make me more annoying and worrying. There may be the possible causes of wrong or corrupt QuickBooks download or installation. It is certainly a big annoying issue for me. I don’t have the full technical experience of solving this error code. Therefore, I am asking from someone to provide the quick solutions for this error code at the earliest.
    https://www.quickbooksphonenumber.com/blog/quickbooks-error-1603-fix-installation-or-updating-html-error-status-1603/

• Custom = slow if you aren't making a whole hell of a lot IRL.

You may have to make sacrifices on both ends, what you want and what you have already that you need to give up in order to make it happen.

Compromise is a friend until it starts costing more in oversights, and obviously you're considering backpeddling on the important things you were after in the first place.

Nobody makes an omelet without cracking open a few eggs first.

Knowing exactly what you want or thereabouts helps motivate, and give a direction (helps avoid needless spending to some extent), but your own determination of what you want may still be far out of reach.

First estimation is never accurate unless you're going by someone else's recipie–then it isn't really custom so much as copying someone else's idea. If you do the latter try to at least be sure they knew what they were doing; if you trailblaze you stand to learn the most because you will be involved in every aspect of the entire process from start to finish (as it should be).

The end result should be greater than the sum of parts because it is a learning experience (as is life).

• Re: dust buildup.
    My computer room is in the basement which I shared with a filthy, dirty, stinking, messy, old woodstove. I would have to clean my computer every few months. I've since switched winter heat to a pellet stove which is much cleaner and installed a good filter on my Venmar air circulator. I can now get away with cleaning once a year.
    I don't have the side panel installed on either computer as they hang under my desk from these..
    http://www.amazon.com/3M-Adjustable-Under-Desk-Degree-CS200MB/dp/B0010SY3L8
    This keeps them off the floor but means that I'd have to take them out to fiddle inside. I occasionally move hard drives around and need access.

• Dust buildup generally will be dependent on where you use the PC. Open air environments generally are dirtier (as do environments where people are allowed to smoke), so clean up should be done more frequently. The rule of thumb is to do periodic cleanup between 3 to 6 months.

Using air intake filters does hamper the build up and it is easier to clean (just clean them instead of the whole innards). The downside is that they do increase air resistance, so ambient temperature inside the case may suffer (slightly). That's why some people still like to pay for carefully built aluminum cases rather than steel ones. Helps keep ambient temperature low so you only need a slow moving fan to move air along.

• @'Bridelover':

(other than a once a year clean and dust)

Surely you mistyped "week"?

@'Bridelover':

The internet computer and graphics box share monitors, keyboard and mouse through a KVM switch. My Linkskey LDV-DM02ESK is reasonably priced and supports dual monitors.

This is pretty cool though. Never thought of having a second computer to use the internet with.

As a former gamer (abandoned games when I got into 3D-XXX with Daz) I've been building my own computers for decades and have always relied on advice from these two sources…
    http://www.maximumpc.com/
    http://www.computerpoweruser.com/DigitalEditions/Default.aspx
    These folks are the real experts and have the knowledge and resources to test the hardware and provide you with options to get the best bang for the buck. Their online editions are now free.

Find a good, established 'Mom & Pop' local store for your hardware. You'll pay a little more over mail order but the advantages are many. You keep some of your money local which helps pay your local services. You can't beat the personal service and social contact. My guy gives me a no question, no bullshit one year warranty on anything I buy over and above the manufacturers warranty.

Go for simple, eschewing the fancy stuff that may cause problems. Liquid cooling is one big example. My computers are reliable and need no screwing around with (other than a once a year clean and dust). I re-purpose my older ones for the family and have the following downgrade path. My current computer is NOT connected to the internet meaning I don't need any security crap and can turn off a bunch of services. The older one gets a dual boot with Linux and is my internet box with the Windows install being my test rig for new software and models. When I build a new computer everything gets bumped down a place and the internet box goes to my wife or serves as a media server for the house. The internet computer and graphics box share monitors, keyboard and mouse through a KVM switch. My Linkskey LDV-DM02ESK is reasonably priced and supports dual monitors.

• @'~ArgonCyanide777':

Ok well that's helpful. I was rolling my eyes at having to decide how and whether I'd shell out more $$$ for additional cards.

Stick to the 580 for the time being. At the very least, it should help you familiarize yourself with the renderer and setting up lights and materials. You can still use them with other cards. When rendering, use the integrated graphics for desktop use so the 580 can be fully used for rendering.

• Ok well that's helpful. I was rolling my eyes at having to decide how and whether I'd shell out more $$$ for additional cards.

• @'~ArgonCyanide777':

So I may get another new GTX580 to double the GPU ram (since nVidia is finicky and only works with same make and model multicarded)

RAM is not cumulative for GPU renderers. In fact, the card with the smallest amount of VRAM will determine the limit of how many textures/geometry data you can use for rendering (for all cards you have).

You could still work around some of the limitations - instancing for multiple objects, optimizing polygon count and texture dimensions, render in multiple passes and composite them later on.

• Getting up and running is the first hurdle and you have to piecemeal it on the way to the ultimate goal.

At this point I realize other things in life didn't pan out either because I was too cautious or too forward while being ill-considered.

So I'm going to do this with my computer even if it hurts real badly. It just might take forever and a half.

I just bought my GTX580 only to realize it may only end up being just a starter. I'm honestly on the fence which direction I'll go about GPU. I'll play around with Poser and rendering single objects. Then I'll decide if I want to continue this way and debate which GPU to get next on nVidia… or go with blender and similar and use Radeon cards.

So right here I've learned my new purchase may be of limited use. Still don't regret it.
    So I may

1. get another new GTX580 to double the GPU ram (since nVidia is finicky and only works with same make and model multicarded)
      or
    2. go with a GTX780 with 4GB and overclockable with its own supercooling cuz it's a single card and less problems.

• @'korezaan':

oops. i can't remember that second part though? what is one supposed to use instead of reported TDP?

Simple. Actual measurements. Lots of IT medias now provide power consumption test results.

The numbers below is from an old article from http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/hardware-components,1685.html
    But it does give a rather good baseline of what to expect from each common components.

Component (idle/max)
    PSU 5.00/14.20 W
    CPU 8.49/38.66 W
    Cooler 1.00/1.00W
    Motherboard 7.78/19.71 W
    RAM 6.06/6.23 W

I did some power consumption test with my new rig. Idle is around 40 watts, while watching HD movies with QuickSync hardware decoding is around 55/60 watts. Rendering which taxes all cores (100% load on CPU, idle GPU) is around 120 watts. That means active power consumption for the CPU is around 80 watts (rated TDP is 84 watts). I believe idle power consumption is inflated due to the fact that my PSU's efficiency at those loads isn't that good.

@'korezaan':

i've basically never touched it outside of using it to install Win7 when i built it. it was 20 bucks anyways so essentially the same thing either way. i never expected to run into power supply cable problems so a USB version never came to mind.

I wish Microsoft provide the option to ship the installer in USB Flash Disks though. Kinda like what Apple's recovery drive for MacOSX a while ago. It really makes installation (and re-installation) much easier.

• @'matthacker':

@'korezaan':

Actually keeping track of voltage totals on a sheet of paper is important. Whatever you need + 50 should be the power supply you get, for various addons you might eventually get.

I think you mean watts rather than voltage. Unfortunately, manufacturers (processors, GPUs) tend to abuse TDP numbers as an indication of power consumption. Rendering themthem useless when trying to compute power consumption and requirements.

oops. i can't remember that second part though? what is one supposed to use instead of reported TDP?

@'matthacker':

@'korezaan':

Arrange power supply cables so that later expansion/modification is easy. I had bought a new HDD and spent almost an hour trying to figure out how to route cables to power it, even attempted to cut slits so that it would be able to twist more. Solution ended up being simpler than I thought; just moved the DVD drive from the top to the bottom slot, right above the hard drives.

I generally hate optical drives now. The spin up noise just kills it for me. I ended using a bundled USB DVD+RW (USB powered). Since it is originally intended as a companion to a notebook, the spin up noise isn't so bad. Plus I can store it somewhere and only use it when the need arises.

i've basically never touched it outside of using it to install Win7 when i built it. it was 20 bucks anyways so essentially the same thing either way. i never expected to run into power supply cable problems so a USB version never came to mind.

• @'Supro':

I ended up getting this. http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.1326995

That's a pretty nice bundle.

My spec is pretty similar, except I already have 8 GB of DDR3 and a 750 watt PSU from my old PC. I choose to use an Intel 330 120 GB SSD for the system drive. Cold booting Windows 8.1 took about 3 to 5 seconds to the desktop.

@'korezaan':

Actually keeping track of voltage totals on a sheet of paper is important. Whatever you need + 50 should be the power supply you get, for various addons you might eventually get.

I think you mean watts rather than voltage. Unfortunately, manufacturers (processors, GPUs) tend to abuse TDP numbers as an indication of power consumption. Rendering them useless when trying to compute power consumption and requirements.

@'korezaan':

Arrange power supply cables so that later expansion/modification is easy. I had bought a new HDD and spent almost an hour trying to figure out how to route cables to power it, even attempted to cut slits so that it would be able to twist more. Solution ended up being simpler than I thought; just moved the DVD drive from the top to the bottom slot, right above the hard drives.

I generally hate optical drives now. The spin up noise just kills it for me. I ended using a bundled USB DVD+RW (USB powered). Since it is originally intended as a companion to a notebook, the spin up noise isn't so bad. Plus I can store it somewhere and only use it when the need arises.

• @'matthacker':

Always fasten things in criss cross order and never fasten screws tighter that it should be.

This is also true when you're putting wheels back on your car after tire rotation. Or anything really.

Things I learned:

Anti-static strap whenever you're working in computers. Pretty important. That or sit on something that'll ground you.

Could've ended up doing some serious damage though. Was getting frustrated.

• @'gazukull':

Better question… what is your hardware config now Supro? BOOM!

I ended up getting this. http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.1326995

• We could turn this into an E-Penis thread and compare rigs? With photos?

• Liquid cooling installation, heh? Try cleaning the radiator fins, now that's hard.

Assembling/building a PC is actually kinda therapeutic for me. :)

Before you start:
    Like everything else, it's always good to have a reasonably well laid plan of attack. So, do research before even buying parts.
    If you do your homework properly, you ended up re-using a lot of the older components and saving money in the process.
    If you're accident prone, leave it to professionals. Ditto if you're someone with higher than normal ESD.
    Read the manual, slowly and carefully.
    Work on a workbench, in a well lit room and have a container for screws etc.

In process:
    NEVER, EVER turn it on without the CPU cooler installed properly.
    Thermal paste should be used properly (just enough, spread out evenly), not generously.
    Thermal adhesive (the one with a plastic cover that you need to remove before installation) are never meant to be reused.
    Take the time arranging cables in a well organized, neat manner - it will save you a lot of grief when you need to troubleshoot.
    Never leave loose parts (cables, screws) inside the case.
    Always fasten things in criss cross order and never fasten screws tighter that it should be.
    NEVER force a component in place. Use a gentle, firm pressure instead
    Depending on the case, there's a logical order to installing things. This is even more so with a small case.
    Don't play with the fan blades or rotors.

• Better question… what is your hardware config now Supro? BOOM!

• Put the cooling paste on the CPU BEFORE you stick the CPU fan on it :D

Looks like your connection to NodeBB was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.