PGDM colleges in Hyderabad

• MBA has become quite a popular degree program in India, owing to amazing job and career opportunities offered by the course to the successful candidates. If you are looking for the best place to consider management courses then Hyderabad has a good number of options that can provide you with the best degree. PGDM colleges in Hyderabad offer the best quality education to the students and impart the right skills in the aspirants for enduring success in management careers. Hyderabad is gaining a place of prominence when it comes to pursuing a management program and high-quality business education. What makes Hyderabad management institutes stand apart is that these colleges act as the breeding ground for making industry-ready professionals.

• @'Fred5150':

@'hzr':

The nice little "lock" icons above the sliders are there for a reason. Want to keep your body scale at a different value, lock it and you can zero as much as you want, the lock will keep the values. Also dont zero the whole figure, just use zero pose instead. You can even bind this to a key so it will be quicker to do instead of browsing inside some menus.

Do I need to go through a process of selecting each body part then locking it's scale? (I'm pretty sure each bodypart has different scale/morph settings) Or can I just select v4 go to scale, and "lock"?

Of course you need to select them. But you dont have to select each one individually and click lock each time. You can basically just selected them as a group and then hit the lock on them since its the same operation for them all. 3D work requires alot of patience :D And believe me, I sometimes curse like a motherfucker towards the DAZ guys. So many things which could be more intuitive for the user

• @'Fred5150':

Zeroing the figure (using the daz option rather than a zero from a pose set) is a problem as it rescales body parts to %100 (if an arm is 93% original size, click "zero pose" and it goes back to %100)

But once zeroed, does is still move diagonally? It's a basic check to see if the problem is in the app or the figure.

@'Fred5150':

It happens once I start rotating the figure (like if I want a figure lying on its side at an angle, then from that point x,y,z goes haywire)

What did you rotate? The entire figure or just the hip bone? Are you using the dials or the translate/move tools?

@'Fred5150':

What is "the point of origin"?

The base of the bone - basically its pivot point.

@'matthacker':

When you use that mode, the x/y/z transforms will use the body part bone point of origin as a base.

Here's some images to illustrate.

Local - basically the axis orientation is the same as the bone.

Object

Screen - the orientation is relative to your view

World - the orientation is parallel to the scene

Each have its uses really, but generally it's a good idea to stick to one. There's also a mixed mode, where you can move in world coordinates, but rotation is calculated with local coordinates. I usually use this mode or local, since I tend to use the rotation gizmo a lot for posing.

To be honest, I generally stay away from rotating the entire figure (except for maybe y rotation to avoid gimbal lock).

• @'hzr':

The nice little "lock" icons above the sliders are there for a reason. Want to keep your body scale at a different value, lock it and you can zero as much as you want, the lock will keep the values. Also dont zero the whole figure, just use zero pose instead. You can even bind this to a key so it will be quicker to do instead of browsing inside some menus.

Do I need to go through a process of selecting each body part then locking it's scale? (I'm pretty sure each bodypart has different scale/morph settings) Or can I just select v4 go to scale, and "lock"?

• The nice little "lock" icons above the sliders are there for a reason. Want to keep your body scale at a different value, lock it and you can zero as much as you want, the lock will keep the values. Also dont zero the whole figure, just use zero pose instead. You can even bind this to a key so it will be quicker to do instead of browsing inside some menus.

F3 and then you can set it in the keybinds on the left pane. Go to "Parameters" and there you can set a binding for Zero Figure Pose and Zero Selected Items Pose. That way your posing workflow will speed up tremendously. You can be very quick in just scrapping unwanted changes with the "zero selected items pose" key.

I recommend to also set a key to Limits (On). When loading poses, oftentimes the program turns off the rotation limits for the figure, which leads to some odds behaviour when using power pose or the regular dragging method. With that key you can quickly make sure that limits are enabled without clicking through menus again.

Here a quick shot to show you how I have my posing setup arranged for a comfortable and quick workflow.

This is of course all a matter of personal preference, so you may want to arrange things to suit your needs, but I would advise you to make use of the powerpose pane. It speeds up things ALOT as it allows for precise selection of bodyparts without browsing menus or when its sometimes hard to get these to click inside the viewport, depending on the angle and visibility of other stuff infront or close to it. Ontop of it, the PowerPose tool is my go-to posing tool in combination with the powerpose pane. You can quickly pin things in place and get some very realistic looking motions into the characters.

There is really alot of stuff you can do to speed up your workflow with Daz Studio. Stuff that sadly doesnt get explained in a manual, or at least I havent seen any manual for the program until now :)

To your question about default : Translate Tool default should be world coordinates. Rotations local. Otherwise you will probably end up with very awkward looking bending.

Point of origin : Each figure has a skeleton consisting of bones. This enables you to bend the figure. The skeleton has a root bone, in the case of a human figure its almost always the hip bone, since this is also the centre of gravity for a human and where all our motoric movements originate from, basically the point that you try to keep "in balance" as good as possible. In a 3d figure, all the other bones originate from this root bone and form a hierarchy. The bones closer to the root bone are usually the parents of the ones that come after them as the hierarchy spreads out from the centre. For the program to know what rotation and position a bone has, it usually takes into account where its parent is located at and at which rotation. This is the point of origin for each bone, the parent bone it originates from. So for example the hand bone originates from the forearm. Takes all the rotations from it and uses this as its "zero point" for the rotations that youre doing with the hand bone. It basically creates its own coordinate system and zeros all its rotation to how the parent bone had its rotations set. This can differ greatly from the basic world centre coordinate system. But it allows us to bend arms and other bones properly in relation to its parents. If you would be using world coordinates it would be very difficult to get properly aligned rotation like a simple bend of the forearm for example.

• @'Morfium':

That depens on the object. or better on the creator of the object, how he put in the axes. and in what direction they go. Or you have a very strange error. when did this happen?

It never used to happen, now it happens all the time, so I'm assuming I changed some setting and thats why its happening

@'matthacker':

Check if the point of origin is rotated. If you're using a figure, zero the figure and see if that still happens.

Zeroing the figure (using the daz option rather than a zero from a pose set) is a problem as it rescales body parts to %100 (if an arm is 93% original size, click "zero pose" and it goes back to %100)

It happens once I start rotating the figure (like if I want a figure lying on its side at an angle, then from that point x,y,z goes haywire)

What is "the point of origin"?

@'matthacker':

When you use that mode, the x/y/z transforms will use the body part bone point of origin as a base.

I don't know what that means :huh:

And which of those Use Coordinate options should I use as default?

• Check if the point of origin is rotated. If you're using a figure, zero the figure and see if that still happens.

Oh yeah, forget about this one. Check the 'Tool Settings' tab and see if 'Use Local Coordinates' is checked. When you use that mode, the x/y/z transforms will use the body part bone point of origin as a base.

• That depens on the object. or better on the creator of the object, how he put in the axes. and in what direction they go. Or you have a very strange error. when did this happen?

Looks like your connection to NodeBB was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.